PDA

View Full Version : Paladin of Tunare?

solduios
03-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Hey guys just joining EQ 1999 thinking of rolling a pally but ... wondering how hard it would be to get The Tunare sword? I forget when they added in level requirements to get in PoG ect..

Rhambuk
03-08-2014, 08:45 PM
plane of growth should have the same level requirement as the other planes I would imagine.

Kevris
03-10-2014, 07:08 PM
I want to say you have to be 55 to do this quest. As far as the difficulty is concerned, I know you can drop the animals in WL with a group of 60s. The corrupter of life I can't help you with. I got my skull on live because we were in hate for other reasons and he got in the way. The good news is that there aren't many paladins, let alone high/half elf paladins, so maybe you could tag along with a guild that's going there for other reasons and hope he gets in their way too.

baalzy
03-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Compared to the Fiery Avenger the quest for that Tunare sword is a joke.

Rolling Half-Elf Tunare specifically because Natures Defender is an easier epic is totally acceptable in my book.

Crawdad
03-11-2014, 10:30 AM
http://epicquestadventures.tripod.com/Paladin/natures_defender.htm

Incredibly easy, all of it is one groupable, spawns every three days-ish.

falkun
03-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Killed the Corrupted Unicorn (most difficult of the WL corrupteds) with 60war/60mnk/60mnk/60clr/60brd no problem on beta. I think the piece rotted because I forgot to loot. Beta does not have Hate open atm to be able to get the Corrupter of Life to complete this quest.

As for the weapon, if AC were as good on P99 as it should be, this weapon would eclipse epic. But alas, AC is FUBAR and this weapon cannot 2h-bash, so its inferior to FD. I still plan to get this weapon on my paladin, simply because of how awesome the weapon graphic is. You do have to be L55 to turn in this quest (at least per posts from the 2001 timeframe).

Erati
03-11-2014, 11:34 AM
Killed the Corrupted Unicorn (most difficult of the WL corrupteds) with 60war/60mnk/60mnk/60clr/60brd no problem on beta. I think the piece rotted because I forgot to loot. Beta does not have Hate open atm to be able to get the Corrupter of Life to complete this quest.

As for the weapon, if AC were as good on P99 as it should be, this weapon would eclipse epic. But alas, AC is FUBAR and this weapon cannot 2h-bash, so its inferior to FD. I still plan to get this weapon on my paladin, simply because of how awesome the weapon graphic is. You do have to be L55 to turn in this quest (at least per posts from the 2001 timeframe).

FD has better ratio, bash and better stats. I think its nearly a difference 100 hps between the two swords, however ur right ab AC n this server. If AC was stronger the Hp loss and lack of bash wouldnt matter as much.

Still a quest all Tunare palys should do....mainly bc Tunare is amazing and she expects it of us.

falkun
03-11-2014, 12:24 PM
HP difference is 97, assuming the paladin will make use of the 10STA on the FD, which is very likely. But the AC difference is 30 in favor of the ND. With Loraen's rough guide (http://wiki.project1999.com/Sakuragi%27s_Warrior_Guide#Defense_.28HP_vs_AC.29) that 1AC=3-5HP, the extra 30AC of ND puts it roughly equal to FD at 90-150HP vs melee damage. However, if the paladin is already at the AC softcap through other means or AC is not as Loraen describes, then the FD again comes out on top.

The FD is a better weapon than ND, but not by as much as people think. And as already mentioned the Nature's Defender is easier to obtain than the Fiery Defender.

Erati
03-11-2014, 12:49 PM
sorry to derail but

what is the current AC softcap for Palys? this is just ur displayed AC or the amount added from JUST armor?

Danth
03-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Who knows? Nobody knows exactly how AC works on P1999, except that it isn't quite the same as it was on Live.

Strictly speaking, in this game era (late Kunark) there shouldn't be an AC soft cap at all. There should be a hard cap above which more AC does nothing. This varies per class and level; I think it was something in the vicinity of 290ish worn AC for plate tanks at 60. I forget when it was changed to a soft-cap with *extremely* diminished returns above cap, but I think that was during the Velious era. Whether this actually has any relevance to AC on P1999 is anyone's guess.

-------------------------------------

Part of the reason Nature's Defender was such a popular alternative on Live was because Paladins were fairly numerous and hence there existed quite a bit of competition for the epic. On P1999 the lack of Paladins makes the epic relatively much easier to obtain, devaluing Nature's Defender somewhat. It still has an excellent graphic though. Most folks know its graphic better as the Emp Ssza sword.

Danth

Faerie
03-11-2014, 04:21 PM
It is the last weapon any true Tunarian paladin will wield. Doesn't matter if the epic is statistically better; with this sword a knight always has Tunare in their heart and at their side.

williestargell
03-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Hard to compare Live with p99 but on live ND was the better sword in most opinions on my server. I had HIE Pal that had both and ND was widely considered BiS through velioius.

Even in Luclin ND was held against me on getting upgrades as it was so good, right up to the sword off Emperor Ssra.

I also Agree with Faerie - ND is just too fricking cool not to have if you worship Tunare.

koros
03-14-2014, 11:39 AM
I dunno, I'm pretty sure Tunare would be ok with one having a:

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=31232

Arteker
03-15-2014, 02:04 PM
Hard to compare Live with p99 but on live ND was the better sword in most opinions on my server. I had HIE Pal that had both and ND was widely considered BiS through velioius.

Even in Luclin ND was held against me on getting upgrades as it was so good, right up to the sword off Emperor Ssra.

I also Agree with Faerie - ND is just too fricking cool not to have if you worship Tunare.

maybe for someone with no real epic but in terms of utility even the good ole lance of thunder was way better than nature defender.