PDA

View Full Version : best solo class

SamIamLegend
03-08-2014, 11:33 AM
with my play time being limited. what is the best class to jump on kill some stuff and get off when need be?

Sulfurian
03-08-2014, 11:39 AM
with my play time being limited. what is the best class to jump on kill some stuff and get off when need be?

I'd say Nec , Enc and Sham are the 3 top solo class.

Imho

Xer0
03-08-2014, 11:41 AM
I'd say Nec , Enc and Sham are the 3 top solo class.

Imho
necro or bard are widely considered the best. I personally prefer druids for soloing.. they get everything.

Buffs, Damage Shields, Heals, levitates, Sow, nukes, dots, snares roots, (animal) fear, plus starting around the 20s youll start getting your own self ports which will save a ton of time as far as traelling and finding a port goes.

Triangle
03-08-2014, 11:44 AM
This is a hard question to answer. If I understand you right and you just want to use soloing as an effective means to level, then I would say necro(1-60) or enchanter (20-60) are the best. Shaman is a very poor class from 1-24... then a semi-poor class until 34 when things pick up a bit, but it is a class to consider for the end-game benefits. In fact, I think Shaman has the easiest road from 45-60 solo, if and only if you can afford JBB and can get epic around lvl 54-56.

If you are talking about being an effective soloer at 60, then either Shaman or Enchanter. Shaman probably edges out enchanter @ 60 considering velious is impending.

rollin5k
03-08-2014, 11:45 AM
I would say necro. Most uncomplicated steady insane xp flow, and you don't need any special gear or anything really.

SamIamLegend
03-08-2014, 11:45 AM
can a cleric solo well at all if you go to undead areas?

Calibix
03-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Bards xp solo the fastest if that's what your concerned with.

Tasslehofp99
03-08-2014, 11:50 AM
What you're looking for is most certainly a druid.

Necro works too, but druids get ports which makes things a lot easier if you're only looking to play for short periods of time here and there.

Mage and enchanter are also very good solo classes if you know what you're doing. Mages ability to solo effectively tapers off around like 50-53 where enchanters seem to be completely overpowered from lvl 12-60, lol.

myriverse
03-08-2014, 12:26 PM
I've solo'd a warrior up to 40 by "jumping on, killing some stuff, and getting off when need be."

Just saying.

But that seems to be the practical limit, unless you're majorly twinked.

Tecmos Deception
03-08-2014, 12:37 PM
I would say necro(1-60) or enchanter (20-60) are the best.

Ya know, Ive always said that chanters are weak 1-20 too, and that they still don't really feel strong until the 30s... but I actually felt strong from 1 playing untwinked on red with a chanter. Animations are nice, but not so nice they KS you every kill; the low-level chanter dots are awesome; charm was GREAT right at 12 for me with only base+25 high elf charisma. And it just gets better and better from there.

Maybe it was my experience posting a chanter once already that made it seem nice this time around though I guess?

Tecmos Deception
03-08-2014, 12:39 PM
can a cleric solo well at all if you go to undead areas?

Clerics can solo quite well up to 50 or so, blowing up undead 1 at a time seems lame but it is very safe and you can do it in high ZEM dungeons.

Daldaen
03-08-2014, 01:04 PM
Clerics can solo quite well up to 50 or so, blowing up undead 1 at a time seems lame but it is very safe and you can do it in high ZEM dungeons.

This.

I stupidly moved my cleric from Unrest to try to group in HHK or Sol B. Terrible choice. Never group as a cleric until 50+

HeallunRumblebelly
03-08-2014, 01:56 PM
This.

I stupidly moved my cleric from Unrest to try to group in HHK or Sol B. Terrible choice. Never group as a cleric until 50+

Dunno, duos are pretty great. Anything beyond a 2 man though is a waste of time exping (chardok ae not withstanding)

SamIamLegend
03-08-2014, 02:41 PM
ok making a cleric - must be a lighty but not a dwarf - any ideas?

Crawdad
03-08-2014, 02:57 PM

For "jump on kill some stuff and get off" I'd say you're looking at Necro ot Druid. Necros can log in, kill stuff and FD+/q at a moments notice for RL things. Druids are a good second choice as they can port all over the place, saving you valuable time spent Exping rather than teaveling.

Enchanter would be good too, but I can't afk at a moments notice like I can on my druid, or just FD and afk like Necros.

All of them are solid solo classes 1-60.

HeallunRumblebelly
03-08-2014, 03:01 PM
ok making a cleric - must be a lighty but not a dwarf - any ideas?

Halfling. Racial sneak / hide is insanely useful. Only downside is no robe wearing (Just in case we get an upgraded sar'velah's--if you aren't insanely dedicated to raiding though disregard this).

webrunner5
03-08-2014, 08:58 PM
IF you make that Cleric and go High Elf like I did on mine, make sure you put X amount into strength. They are very weak, no pun intended, for carrying Armour, loot.

And yes they are slow going solo but nicer than sitting on you ass all day in a group. Melee is NOT their strength. But it is sort of fun beating on mobs as a Cleric. DD is their bread and butter. So there is a pretty good amount of downtime medding. But it is a alternative way to go. I just got tired of HAVING to group for 3 to 4 hours at a time or more. Not easy to just say hey I am leaving have a nice day as the main healer in a group. :D

Vladesch
03-12-2014, 12:19 AM
Depends on levels.
Druids are very good after 34, but do pretty well before that with their charm spells.
Necros are really good from the start but IMO not as good as druids after 34.
Enchanters can be fast but it seems to me without sows or jboots soloing is a bit risky.
Bards I am guessing need a pretty good connection and pc.

Overall I'd go with the druid. Life and levelling is pretty easy relatively. Only hassle is finding the good quadding places without someone there already.

daasgoot
03-12-2014, 12:26 AM
Bards are by far the fastest solo leveling class via AOE DOT swarm kiting.. but you will need to be on 20-30 minutes at a minimum to pull and kill a 40-60 mob swarm.

quido
03-12-2014, 12:32 AM
Druid? lol, maybe if you feel like repeatedly farming Books of Obulus

Shaman or Enchanter for high end stuff, Bard for leveling 1-50 (if you're not a scrub), the rest are second-rate

Lune
03-12-2014, 01:48 AM
and get off when need be?

Regarding this part I recommend half elf female

actually maybe enchanter so you can change it up

Akuma
03-14-2014, 04:31 AM
I remember my Magician was excellent for solo'in throughout all the levels....

Frug
03-14-2014, 08:28 AM
Bards are by far the fastest solo leveling class via AOE DOT swarm kiting.. but you will need to be on 20-30 minutes at a minimum to pull and kill a 40-60 mob swarm.

I've just started doing this (though not with swarms that big yet) and am dying a lot, but getting better. It's insanely dull, but sometimes at the same time quite fun in that you cannot drop concentration for even a couple seconds.

At level 10 though I only have the level 2 dot which has a really small range.

Clark
03-14-2014, 10:48 AM
Shaman / Ench

sykotic
03-14-2014, 12:59 PM
I remember my Magician was excellent for solo'in throughout all the levels....

Funny Magician is always the first class that came to mind on live for soloing. Not here though. Perhaps due to the fact that pets suck. (Casting isn't accurate, taunt is garbage, resists are possibly wrong)

Lyrith
03-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Funny Magician is always the first class that came to mind on live for soloing. Not here though. Perhaps due to the fact that pets suck. (Casting isn't accurate, taunt is garbage, resists are possibly wrong)

There was a time on this server when everyone and I mean EVERYONE was playing a mage and chain summing fire pets like a mad man. All good things must come to an end though...

Aenor
03-15-2014, 12:03 AM
I played a druid on VZ and it's a great class. I love to travel so the freedom is great. I never wanted to play a mage because it seemed like easy mode but lately I've been experimenting with one. What I've discovered is that I love easy mode. Kiting is click intensive. I'm really enjoying just telling my pet go there, kill that.

Aenor
03-15-2014, 12:05 AM
Necros are actually more versatile because they can fear/dot and also charm undead. I grouped on my warrior with a necro that was charming undead on the second floor of CoM and the xp was money.

Schortt
03-15-2014, 12:47 AM
There was a time on this server when everyone and I mean EVERYONE was playing a mage and chain summing fire pets like a mad man. All good things must come to an end though...

Back then, pet tanking ability was crazy good, pets taunted fast and hard, and you could form a one-man group with yourself to avoid the XP penalty from your pet doing most of the damage. I got my mage from 1-49 in something stupid like 60 hours of played time with no PL and no twinked gear except a Torch of Alna. The old Kedge ZEM helped too.

Magician former OP glory aside, the real reason for that glut of mages was Sky.