PDA

View Full Version : considering reroll.

Xer0
03-08-2014, 07:48 AM
curretly im a dark elf SK in my early 40s. Honestly, I love the SK class, in live I went ogre for the obvious reasons, this time I went with the ever feared master race, Dark elf. I do, and have thoroughly enjoyed the benefits of an increased mana pool, and felt this was the way to go being that being an sk alone comes with bad xp penalties.

But now with the advent of the velious beta server (Which I only recently learned of) Im considering a reroll. I'm particularly looking in the direction of the Iksar. Now, for several reasons I am sketchy about rerolling. They are mostly centered around the obvious penalties to iksar.. xp penalty (which will be lifted in the near future), lack of plate, and kos-- the kos isnt a big deal, Im used to it as a dark elf. However a lot of my gear (skullshaped barbute, darkforge bp, hero/silverplated bracers will not be usable..

On the other hand, Ill have bonus natural AC, natural regen, my best items (noctivagant blade, atramentous shield, skorpikis claw impaler, 5/55 ringx2) will be compatible, and I guess my big question is.. with that bit of gear, soloing and levelling in general would be easy enough for early levels, probably mid 20s I imagine..

tl;dr: I want to reroll, need convincing its worthwhile in my 40s

Xer0
03-08-2014, 08:14 AM
well, that is why I initially chose dark elf, to be honest I do think the plate helmet design for iksar isd a bit silly, but then again so is the plate model for dark elf (while using luclin models that is-- dark elf plate helms look like horned skulls in classic.. much like several plate cleric helms do in luclin.

I alwaysthought it was funny some of the fancy embellishings they put on the helmets, though I reckon it was one of the few ways to make such basic graphics appear neat, aside from adding rough textures or colors..

What do the iksar plate helms look like in velious, with old style graphics? anyone have anypicture examples or know items that appear on the wiki with pictures I could check out?

Xer0
03-08-2014, 08:23 AM
Looking cool and liking what you are is most important tho

Right I feel ya, but at the same time a lot of the time Iplay its.. 2-5 in the morning EST, and its practically dead, never able to find groups. as a dark elf, soloing is the slowest poissible avenue for xp possible, and I feel as an iksar it'd be helpful not only reaching sixty, but survivability post-60.

Quineloe
03-08-2014, 08:30 AM
I don't think your Iksar race penalty is going away. If anything, it will only get worse as you don't share that with your group anymore.

Rerolling a level 40 character into a different race, I really don't see the point.

Xer0
03-08-2014, 08:34 AM
I know the race penalty wont but the bigger contributor, the class penalty will.

Bazia
03-08-2014, 09:53 AM
post makes no sense

if u wanna like ur toon stay a DE

if u wanna be best SK be Ogre

where did iksar come from?

Daldaen
03-08-2014, 10:27 AM
http://zam.zamimg.com/images/9/0/9051c15f3e21b79f2f27a33f081d8c54.png

Quineloe
03-08-2014, 10:32 AM
I know the race penalty wont but the bigger contributor, the class penalty will.

Isn't the class penalty shared with your group right now though and therefore not much of a factor if you enjoy full groups while the race penalty actually stays? I guess if you solo all the time, it won't matter anyways.

Nagash
03-08-2014, 01:53 PM
http://zam.zamimg.com/images/9/0/9051c15f3e21b79f2f27a33f081d8c54.png

Greenmist remains IKS only throughout Velious though.

Danth
03-08-2014, 11:51 PM
I wouldn't make a new character just to change races, but that's just me. Unless you're getting power-leveled it'd take awhile to compensate for the lost time. A ~50ish Dark Elf is stronger than a ~30ish Iksar. A 60 Dark Elf is stronger than a 52ish Iksar. A 60 Dark Elf that's been 60 for weeks or months is (usually) stronger than a Iksar who just made 60. If you elect to make such a change, it's a very long-term investment.

Most Shadow Knights don't make 60 at all for that matter.

Danth

Cecily
03-09-2014, 10:26 AM
How big a difference between two ickie / inkie equally geared SKs, honestly? Iksar has AC, regen, and a unique weapon. SKs can hold aggro without a weapon so does Greenmist matter? Neither has ogre stun immunity. Doesn't seem all that different to me.

DEs SKs are way nicer looking chars though. Been wanting to make one forever.

Nagash
03-09-2014, 11:25 AM
At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is look and you are the one and only judge of it :D

element08
03-09-2014, 05:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFsvESLXqCE

Rhambuk
03-09-2014, 05:36 PM
shissar bane on greenmist?

epic for when ssra comes out!

Whoop
03-10-2014, 09:11 AM
I rolled a human necro instead of Iksar. I have had some regrets about not rolling an iksar in the first place but never enough to reroll and I made it to 50 without much hassle. Just need to tap and dot a few xtra times :)

Besides, when I see an iksar nec I think to my self "weak fool" :)

webrunner5
04-11-2014, 08:08 PM
I have a Iksar SK and the 68% xp hit is BRUTAL. If you die without getting a rez it is like a whole days xp lost. But I like the look of mine and I solo a lot. With my fungi and the Ikky re gen it is pretty scary how quick you can heal up.

And I LIKE how they are hated everywhere. It is a lot easier to just kill anything and everything and not worry about faction. Who cares. So you know they don't like you like other races where you are not sure as they kill your ass.

But it will be a slow journey for sure. Might want to hold off until Velious is out a month to do it.

Rhambuk
04-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Do it or youll always question and be envious of iksar SK

I have multiple toons in the 20's/30's that rot on my account because one day i say man i really don't like dwarf chick rogue I shouldve gone halfling, but then its already 34 and I don't want to put the work in. So she rots, is that the fate you want for your de sk

Dragonmist
04-11-2014, 10:33 PM
Yea 95% of all SK's have been Dark Elfs,then Ogre/Troll/Human/All others but that would be entirely up to you like other said depending on if you have friends to help level you up faster reg grind is so boring /shrug goodluck...

Nightbear
04-14-2014, 02:43 PM
<3 Iksar

Xer0
04-14-2014, 06:48 PM
Yea 95% of all SK's have been Dark Elfs,then Ogre/Troll/Human/All others but that would be entirely up to you like other said depending on if you have friends to help level you up faster reg grind is so boring /shrug goodluck...

I don't really know anyone that would do anything of the sort, but that's not really an issue as a tank (At least not one that prefers levelling in groups)

Only problem I have is that most of the best gear I have now would not be usable as an Iksar (Skullshaped barbute and random blood ember/darkforge armor) though I suppose it could be sold and the plat put towards iks wearable armors.

Perhaps I ought to just park my dark elf sk as is, start trading and get some gear and plat together, and when velious rolls around and hybrid xp penalties are negated I can reroll. It really sounds tempting

Xer0
04-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Do it or youll always question and be envious of iksar SK

I have multiple toons in the 20's/30's that rot on my account because one day i say man i really don't like dwarf chick rogue I shouldve gone halfling, but then its already 34 and I don't want to put the work in. So she rots, is that the fate you want for your de sk

Not really, but as of late I've done little else beside camp shralok packs :P Im not playing as much as I once did, and as a DE my carry weight is low. So between that not really being fun (thank innoruuk for multiple displays) and me not wanting to die on my way to COM and lose 42 (again).. He's kind of been suffering that fate anyway,

Rhambuk
04-14-2014, 07:14 PM
hmhmm hmhmm

thieros
04-17-2014, 11:26 AM
i wouldnt reroll. just isnt worth it. you gain nothing really outta the deal that would make a difference end game. greenmist is cool and all, but epic will be more accessible with fear 2.0 revamp.

But hey. its all about what you want to do!! you want to be an iksar, do it!

as far as getting past the hump, sol b and com should be where you live so you are on point there. if you have a problem getting sgroups, just piece together your own groups. thats how i made it past 35 or so is sourcing groups to supplement me, versus finding groups that need a shadowknight. /who all 40 45 cleric etc, etc.

holsteinrx7
04-23-2014, 02:03 AM
contact vorebank for sk matters

Xer0
04-24-2014, 06:36 AM
I decided to reroll. The regen was just too tempting. Im going with no plat or items from my main, so I anticipate itll be pretty rough. Level 7, almost 8 now definitely looking for some folks to group with in FoB if anyones got a shaman alt or somethin of the sort ;)

Nightbear
04-24-2014, 01:06 PM
Good for you. I wish you luck. PM me in game, I'm doing the grind also,
Got 22 yesterday on my ikky.

Nightbear
04-24-2014, 01:08 PM
*double post

Xer0
04-25-2014, 03:47 PM
contact vorebank for sk matters

If I want to get ripped off when it comes to buying, and jewed down when it comes to selling then yes, I will certainly contact the ripoff artist known as vorebank.

Get your shit out of here.

holsteinrx7
04-29-2014, 05:13 AM
holy mother of god. offer someone advice about sks being the server lead sk merchant and u get called jew, ripoff artist, and shit.

wtf?

Deldanko
04-30-2014, 12:25 PM
Vorebank is a ripoff, but who cares... just don't buy.

Shamalam
04-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Isn't the class penalty shared with your group right now though and therefore not much of a factor if you enjoy full groups while the race penalty actually stays? I guess if you solo all the time, it won't matter anyways.

Not exactly. See here for a great description of how it actually works: http://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics#How_Experience_Works