PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Caverns Dwarf Guards not aggroing mobs

mrmop520
03-07-2014, 12:16 AM
I noticed that the dwarf guards were not aiding me when I trained mobs on top of them. I distinctly remember the guards getting destroyed by constant trains... and am pretty sure they aggrod mobs independently of rescuing players.

My monk was dubious faction, not sure if that impacts whether they assist you or not, however I remember the guards dying relentlessly to player trains! haha.

nilbog
03-07-2014, 03:21 PM
Fixed, pending update.

Should the dwarves assist versus geonids?

Tecmos Deception
03-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Well, the http://www.allakabor.com/eqatlas/crystalcaverns.html guide says "The Coldain will fight all the creatures in the zone, so you can use the Coldain as "guards" if you wish. The bad part about this is that they count the elemental illusions of enchanters as an enemy as well, and will attack them." and "The dwarves will attack all creatures that enter the area, including the orcs."

Couldn't find anything specifically about geonids perusing zam comments or 1999-2003 google searches.

Yinikren
03-08-2014, 07:43 PM
I want to say that I don't recall the dwarves going after the geonids on live, but this is from memory a long time ago.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if it isn't kos by default to players, the coldain won't assist.

nilbog
03-09-2014, 12:43 PM
They don't currently attack the geonids on live. Gonna leave it like that since normally the genoids are indifferent to all.

Added the dwarven slay messages, pending update.

mrmop520
03-09-2014, 08:05 PM
That sounds right, I do recall geonids being different. Thanks for the update I look forward to fully destroying dwarf town :)

Yinikren
03-10-2014, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I recall it better now. One of the reasons you were supposed to be wary about killing Geonids was because the dwarves would not assist and help you if you ran into trouble.