PDA

View Full Version : Dalnir

Skittlez
03-06-2014, 06:21 PM
Hey guys, so I am looking to form a group tonight for Dalnir on my monk. Would anyone care to join or help out? I am going XP but mainly I need to get my monk some of the no-drop gear. If a high level would wanna help I wouldn't mind paying.

You know you guys wanna do some Dalnir! Show this guy the ropes of the zone! I have never been.

Rhambuk
03-06-2014, 06:24 PM
what level are you after, probably 30+?

also what time

Skittlez
03-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Would probably start around midnight Central time.

Skittlez
03-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Yeah I wanna hit at least 30, 31 would be nice too. Would love to power through hell at 30.

Rhambuk
03-06-2014, 06:28 PM
like 1am for me, I can't commit this early but if you need a 28 wiz and I can get on ill definitely be there.

Skittlez
03-06-2014, 06:32 PM
like 1am for me, I can't commit this early but if you need a 28 wiz and I can get on ill definitely be there.

Awesome, sounds good!

Hollywood
03-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Hi Skittlez,

For Dalnir several things to consider :

-You cannot get any of the Crescent armor from the first floor of the dungeon.
And not all pieces are found on the second and third floor - they are mixed.

-Each floor is more appropriate for various group levels. If you are 25-30 stay on floor one. If the group is 28-33, keep to floor two. 33+ you can goto floor three.

-Ideally (and for the above level spread suggestions to work best), you want the important classes of Cleric, Enchanter and a tank.

-Monk is not required, however I would ensure that if you do not have a Monk, you have SK or PLD as the tank whom shares pulling responsibilities with the Enc (calm, beguile/enthrall).

-If you do have a Monk, any tank will be sufficient and an Enchanter will further allow you to skip over a Cleric and have a Shaman as main heal with a random class to fill the last spot.

-The quickest way to travel there is a teleport to DL, get an evacuation from Karnors Castle to Emerald Jungle > Field of Bone > Warslisk Woods > Dalnir
-The simplest way to travel there is a teleport to DL, then run to FV>LOIO and take the goblin tunnels (use the eastern entrance!) into Warslisk Woods > Dalnir
-The long though potentially safer way is a teleport to DL, then run to FM>OT>Warslisk Woods

-You do not need an evac/teleport class to exit the dungeon. The second and third floor have their own special exits, and the mobs can be avoided with simple invisibility spell.

-Large races such as Ogres/Trolls will be unable to fit through the one way ducting on the third floor (which eventually leads to the exit of the dungeon on that level). This would render them stuck there provided they have no other means to exit (Caps, lizard pots, teleport etc.).
If no Shaman in group, try to ensure any large races attending, have shrink potions.

The big keys to Dalnir are a good group makeup, patience and spare time and lastly the most important, is simply your level. A 33-37 group can handle the bottom level, despite the majority of the Kly mobs being casters, because you have a high chance to resist the spell casts of the mobs. Buffing MR certainly helps, but is not as important as your level. When you are lower levels in Dalnir, particularly on the second/third floor, you are more susceptible to the magic damage and there's nothing you can do about it.
Most pickup groups or ill informed groups meet a gruesome end fairly quickly due to not ticking the above boxes.

If you have not already considered it, I would suggest you first put together a trust worthy group and make your way to Kaesora (which is one zone over from Dalnir in the Field of Bone).
The library with undead mobs is a wonderful adventure, great experience and very manageable for low 30s groups(just make sure to bring a Druid or Wiz!)
This would allow you to experience and get accustomed to forming a group for Kunark dungeons, the logistics of moving everyone to the dungeon and how to deal with a structured zone that requires everyone to be actively involved at all times.

If you want to know more about Dalnir and Kaesora, you can PM me.

Wrench
03-06-2014, 08:38 PM
comprehensive

you should mention fatties needing shrink on 3 (assume thats an issue on p99 aswell)

Roth
03-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Hi Skittlez,

For Dalnir several things to consider :

-You cannot get any of the Crescent armor from the first floor of the dungeon.
And not all pieces are found on the second and third floor - they are mixed.

-Each floor is more appropriate for various group levels. If you are 25-30 stay on floor one. If the group is 28-33, keep to floor two. 33+ you can goto floor three.

-Ideally (and for the above level spread suggestions to work best), you want the important classes of Cleric, Enchanter and a tank.

-Monk is not required, however I would ensure that if you do not have a Monk, you have SK or PLD as the tank whom shares pulling responsibilities with the Enc (calm, beguile/enthrall).

-If you do have a Monk, any tank will be sufficient and an Enchanter will further allow you to skip over a Cleric and have a Shaman as main heal with a random class to fill the last spot.

-The quickest way to travel there is a teleport to DL, get an evacuation from Karnors Castle to Emerald Jungle > Field of Bone > Warslisk Woods > Dalnir
-The simplest way to travel there is a teleport to DL, then run to FV>LOIO and take the goblin tunnels (use the eastern entrance!) into Warslisk Woods > Dalnir
-The long though potentially safer way is a teleport to DL, then run to FM>OT>Warslisk Woods

-You do not need an evac/teleport class to exit the dungeon. The second and third floor have their own special exits, and the mobs can be avoided with simple invisibility spell.

-Large races such as Ogres/Trolls will be unable to fit through the one way ducting on the third floor (which eventually leads to the exit of the dungeon on that level). This would render them stuck there provided they have no other means to exit (Caps, lizard pots, teleport etc.).
If no Shaman in group, try to ensure any large races attending, have shrink potions.

The big keys to Dalnir are a good group makeup, patience and spare time and lastly the most important, is simply your level. A 33-37 group can handle the bottom level, despite the majority of the Kly mobs being casters, because you have a high chance to resist the spell casts of the mobs. Buffing MR certainly helps, but is not as important as your level. When you are lower levels in Dalnir, particularly on the second/third floor, you are more susceptible to the magic damage and there's nothing you can do about it.
Most pickup groups or ill informed groups meet a gruesome end fairly quickly due to not ticking the above boxes.

If you have not already considered it, I would suggest you first put together a trust worthy group and make your way to Kaesora (which is one zone over from Dalnir in the Field of Bone).
The library with undead mobs is a wonderful adventure, great experience and very manageable for low 30s groups(just make sure to bring a Druid or Wiz!)
This would allow you to experience and get accustomed to forming a group for Kunark dungeons, the logistics of moving everyone to the dungeon and how to deal with a structured zone that requires everyone to be actively involved at all times.

If you want to know more about Dalnir and Kaesora, you can PM me.

You give a lot of good info, but I want to give my own experience on a few points. First off I would say you can start dalnir at 30 and you should start kaesora at 34 or 35. Kaesora is a little risker and has some higher conning mobs. Secondly, I think bard works fine in place of a chanter but you do need mez to go down to the 2nd floor safely. The first floor you don't need cc as long as you have an fd puller. I don't think you need a cleric but you do need at least 2 healers... 3 healers will help, but your group needs strong dps to burn down casters quickly

Skittlez
03-07-2014, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Anyone up for forming a group? Logging on now and the time is 10:10 PM Central time

Lamil
03-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Even the first floor can be hard to split with FD. Soo many caster mobs that it can be hard to time your Fd's without getting hit.

Rhambuk
03-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Have they fixxed npc spell casting? I remember ducking behind a wall wouldn't interrupt a mobs casting at all which made everything harder.

either way get this group going!

Ugrask
03-07-2014, 11:34 AM
As of the past couple nights in unrest, they have not fixed that. Those hags hit me from anywhere, along with teleporting behind me.

Lamil
03-07-2014, 11:38 AM
No LOS for caster mobs.. they nuke your ass from anywhere.. I used to split Dalnir in the entrance zigzag hall but they still nail you

Rhambuk
03-07-2014, 11:39 AM
damn that sucks, so ridiculous having mobs cast through walls...

Lamil
03-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Especially in a zone where you get 3 casters at a time on pulls

indiscriminate_hater
03-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Watch out for that overseer. Aoe nukes harder and faster than vox

Iumuno
03-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Have they fixxed npc spell casting? I remember ducking behind a wall wouldn't interrupt a mobs casting at all which made everything harder.

either way get this group going!

It's actually classic and was changed only during Luclin. NPCs need a line of sight only to start casting on you, not to finish a spell. So if you duck around a wall if they already started casting, you're out of luck. But they will need LoS to start casting again.

Rhambuk
03-07-2014, 12:00 PM
It's actually classic and was changed only during Luclin. NPCs need a line of sight only to start casting on you, not to finish a spell. So if you duck around a wall if they already started casting, you're out of luck. But they will need LoS to start casting again.

horrible horrible mechanic haha

Calibix
03-07-2014, 12:09 PM
horrible horrible mechanic haha

It is kind of stupid. Its funny how many people complain its broken though, when its actually supposed to work like that per classic.

Ugrask
03-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Well, I guess they probably think it's broken since it doesnt work like that for us. NPC's cheat!

Rhambuk
03-07-2014, 12:10 PM
It is kind of stupid. Its funny how many people complain its broken though, when its actually supposed to work like that per classic.

I never really pulled pre luclin so never encountered this in true classic. it really sucks though

Calibix
03-07-2014, 12:14 PM
Well, I guess they probably think it's broken since it doesnt work like that for us. NPC's cheat!

What do you mean? Its working the same as it always did, like it did in classic. It doesn't get changed until later as another poster mentioned. It should never change on this server, ie not broken.

It is a logically stupid mechanic, I agree with that. But its not broken. And get a bard to pull, problem solved.

Ugrask
03-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Not sure I understand what you're trying to say. I understand that from his post. I merely said I can see why I thought it was broken or others have...because if something moves for us I've gotten the cant see target before. So people probably(as I did) think that it's broken. And NPCs Cheat...as a joke.

Calibix
03-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Not sure I understand what you're trying to say. I understand that from his post. I merely said I can see why I thought it was broken or others have...because if something moves for us I've gotten the cant see target before. So people probably(as I did) think that it's broken. And NPCs Cheat...as a joke.

Just a matter of perspective then. From my perspective, its not broke because it's as it should be per classic timeline. From your perspective it is broke because it not working as devs intended (or they wouldn't have fixed it in Luclin iirc).

I think we can both agree it is kind of a dumb mechanic though. NPC's do cheat. They also run through walls.

Ugrask
03-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Nah I think we're on the same page. I didn't know it was like that in classic, so I thought it was broken. I had barely gotten thirty by time Velious came out, so I hadn't experienced much.

I mostly thought it was broken...cause say I go to cast root/snare and the mob loops a corner, I can't even though I had already started the spell. Whereas I can get nuked from a mile away through corridors haha.

Hollywood
03-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Well don't think is about Dalnir anymore!

You give a lot of good info, but I want to give my own experience on a few points. First off I would say you can start dalnir at 30 and you should start kaesora at 34 or 35. Kaesora is a little risker and has some higher conning mobs. Secondly, I think bard works fine in place of a chanter but you do need mez to go down to the 2nd floor safely. The first floor you don't need cc as long as you have an fd puller. I don't think you need a cleric but you do need at least 2 healers... 3 healers will help, but your group needs strong dps to burn down casters quickly

You can start Dalnir at 30 yes, and even a bit before depending on the floor.

I would half way agree with you about Kaesora, in that the spiders on the way to the library, are tougher and problematic. Fortunately there's only two rooms (just the first one that's a bit tough with the three mobs).

Remember, I am speaking under the premise that you take the short (left) drop, not the long one to the bottom.

It's safe to say 30+ would be best for both zones - particularly with the tank/puller and enchanter being highest.

Wrench
03-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Just a matter of perspective then. From my perspective, its not broke because it's as it should be per classic timeline. From your perspective it is broke because it not working as devs intended (or they wouldn't have fixed it in Luclin iirc).

I think we can both agree it is kind of a dumb mechanic though. NPC's do cheat. They also run through walls.

where is nirgon in this thread?

this wasnt intended by the devs, this mechanic was a BUG!!!11

Skittlez
03-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Where the fuck is my Dalnir group?!?!?!?!?