PDA

View Full Version : Necro - Augment Death

Scrubosaur
03-06-2014, 02:34 PM
It seems to me that this spell is not lasting the 12mins that it is supposed to. I time it with Call of Bones and I notice a significant dps increase from pet but it seems to drop after a few minutes. Is it possible it is on the same timer as the earlier pet haste which only lasts a few minutes? It could be just RNG as far as damage goes but if anyone else has noticed similar results I will put in a bug report.

Uteunayr
03-06-2014, 03:08 PM
The issue is in parsing pet DPS to really test it. I don't think there is any falloff text to track.

If you can get conclusive evidence behind pet DPS dropping, then you have something, but otherwise, it's speculation on our side and could be purely coincidental.

Scrubosaur
03-06-2014, 03:24 PM
I don't have a parser of any type for looking at exact pet damage, but currently I am killing spectres (static level 37 1526hps) and after buffing pet with augment and then using the exact same strat (snare, fear, venom, life tap) I have to consistently pull pet off to let venom finish ticking before mob dies. That is for the first 3 kills after buffing pet which takes about 5 mins. After respawn the venom dot finishes ticking around 22 % and it takes a while for pet to finish the spectre off. This is about 8 mins after applying the augment buff.

baalzy
03-06-2014, 03:36 PM
Augument/Intensify both last ~6min. People have been arguing with the devs for years about the durations (burnout is also only lasting 6min and there are patchnotes stating it should be 15min) but presently it's 6min.

If you can find some period-specific proof that it should be 12 min (that's the main argument, we don't know when it should have been upped to 12min) then post in the bugs forum.

Scrubosaur
03-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Well that answers the question lol 6mins seems about right. Guess I will just have to keep it on the bar instead of just timing it with CoB. Thanks

Arterian
03-08-2014, 05:51 PM
It is infuriating.

Potus
03-09-2014, 02:14 AM
6min duration for these spells is annoying; at least you can get clicky pants in Velious.

While we're on the issue of Necromancer spells that are non-classic gimped here, is Splurt still not doing 1600 damage?

Scrubosaur
03-09-2014, 01:08 PM
I posted in the bug forums with some researched info that shows that the lower level and higher level (from velious) pet hastes did not have their duration times changed from what is currently on p99 until 2007. So if anyone wants to add their 2 cents to the post its still on the first page of the bug forums.

Arterian
03-09-2014, 04:44 PM
The pants are not so great, considering by the time you get them they cast Augment Death, not the lvl 55 version.

Potus
03-11-2014, 10:18 PM
The pants are not so great, considering by the time you get them they cast Augment Death, not the lvl 55 version.

Oh that's right. What shitty pants.