PDA

View Full Version : The velium focus quest - Normon Stonetooth

Alkan
03-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Dear team,

Went to the thurgadin mines (Thurgadin zone) to see Normon Stonetooth that should offer the Velium Focus quest. (I did this quest on live when velious went out so for sure it should exist on P1999).

You say, 'Hail, Normon Stonetooth'

Normon Stonetooth seems to ignore your greeting, peering at the stone in front of him intently as if reading some invisible text. After a long while he sighs deeply and says, 'Somethin I kin help ye with, whoever you are?'

You say, 'I am Terrwini.'

(no response)

You say, 'Um, so who are you?'

Normon Stonetooth speaks as he continues staring at the stone, 'I mine. So they call me a miner. Name's Normon, Normon Stonetooth, Normon the miner.. Did I say I mine?'

You say, 'What do you mine?'

Normon Stonetooth says 'Well I look fer velium o'course. But ye know, I pull very little of it out o the mundane rock these days. Sometimes I hear it whisperin' to me. The stone, the velium, everything down here talks to each other. If ye're lucky enough they tell ya secrets. That be why I listen more these days than pull velium.'

You say, 'What sort of secrets?'

Normon Stonetooth snickers and says, ' Now if'n I told ye that it wouldn't be a secret no more now would it? No, I can't tell ya what they tells me, but I kin help ya ta listen. But first ye'll need ta do me a favor heheh.'

You say, 'I'll do you a favor.'

Normon Stonetooth says 'Ahh, well me pick is a bit dull, don't cut like it should. Up in the city proper ye kin find a weapons smith named Hakon. Take me pick axe and and tell him Stonetooth sent ye. Then give it to him, wait fer him ta sharpen it, an bring it back to me. Then I'll help ya ta listen to the stone.'

(You get Normon's Axe -- identifies as "Dull pickaxe" -- and go find Hakon in a building near where the entrance path meets the main city loop.)

You say, 'Stonetooth sent me.'

Hakon Brightsteel says 'You spoke with old Stonetooth? Eeegads man! No one talks to 'im. Legend says he spent so much time down there that he eats nothin' but rocks now and drinks melted velium. Well I guess I should sharpen his axe, but I'll need some velium ore to repair it some. Bring me a chunk o' Velium Ore along with his axe and I'll get to work.'

(Note that he really means a "Small Piece of Velium". The non-tradeskill "Small Chunk of Velium" does not work. Give him the velium and the axe.)

Hakon Brightsteel says 'Excellent! I'll get ta work now.' Hakon whistles an unfamiliar tune as he repairs and sharpens the pick axe. 'Here ye are, Terrwini. Watch that old Stonetooth, he's a few steins short of a keg, if ye know what I mean'

Your faction standing with Coldain got better.
Your faction standing with Dain Frostreaver IV got better.
Your faction standing with Kromzek got worse.
Your faction standing with Kromrif could not possibly get any worse.
You gain party experience!!

(Get back Normon's Axe -- now identifies as "Sharpened pickaxe" -- and take it back to Normon.)

Normon Stonetooth says 'Ahhhh, good work, Terrwini. Now ta speak with the stone ye need somethin' ta focus on. Use this piece o' velium as yer focus. Ta speak the language o' the stone ye need ta slow down like the stone. Rock looks like it don't move but it does, just real slow. So place yer focus on the stones ye wish ta speak with and get yerself real slow, both yer body an' yer noggin. Then if yer quiet enough ye might hear 'em. An' that's what's to it.'

You gain party experience!!

You get a Velium Focus; it has no additional item lore. When you hand it to the Phenocryst and get it back, it looks the same but isn't; you can have both though both are lore. (Also, "/outputfile inventory" shows different ID numbers.) So no, you can't skip seeing the Phenocryst and go off to find the others in CC.

(the quest continue afterwards, I put only the begining here as you might have done the following already but maybe only a bug to start it)

I actually tried to trigger the quest being amiably with him but he won t offer any dialogue or give the item if I say I will do a favor. (Level 54 enchanter - Agnostic - Erudite).

Thanks for your job, it s so nice to play in velious even in beta !

Alkan

P.S : The link of the quest on Allakhazam in case you need the full details http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=931

nilbog
03-09-2014, 04:10 PM
This took a long time to write. Should look good!

Fixed, pending update.

Alkan
03-10-2014, 02:10 AM
Amazing, thanks ! Will have a try on it asap and will let you know :)