PDA

View Full Version : Getting through Siren's Grotto?

Shaakglith12194
03-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Was just wondering if the trick to get through Siren's Grotto where you sit in the corner by CS zone in and camp like 3 times to get to the WW zoneline is going to work on this server or if it does, is that considered an exploit? Worked on Live since it was such an awful zone to try and get through...pretty much used the camp in the corner trick for most classes to get through there since so much stuff was see invis. It is classic, after all.

Swish
03-05-2014, 10:38 PM
I have vague memories of crossing it by succor, and that seemed the best way :p

CoffeeBreath
03-05-2014, 10:41 PM
swish, todays gif is adorable.

Swish
03-05-2014, 11:13 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibe3WUOMYBD2cu.gif

Yeah, those dogs are awesome :)

T7g
03-05-2014, 11:15 PM
I don't think the emulator has the same problems that the live code did, so no- I don't think that bug will work here.

If it did, would it be an exploit? I dunno, I never heard of any punishment being handed down for doing it on live.

Swish
03-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Which reminds me, I wonder if you can still skill up defense on a floor trap in ToFS...

Not classic if not, but I don't know how I'd find evidence for it...I'll log in and test it.

baalzy
03-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Conjecture here, but one of the devs explicitly stated they wouldn't reimplement well known pathing bugs that people abused to level up on (WC rangers going basically nowhere when feared, the troll in Neriak bar who did the same thing, the spiders in the back of Velks lab ect...) Things that were around forever, never fixed, and people actively wrote guides about how to use as a camp.

I'd consider this to be in a similar vein of bugs they wouldn't re implement.

Byrjun
03-05-2014, 11:41 PM
I don't think the emulator has the same problems that the live code did, so no- I don't think that bug will work here.

I thought the same thing, but the old trick to warp across WK was on P99 too until they ended up fixing it.

Comapavik
03-06-2014, 12:36 AM
I can tell ya the camp trick for SG doesn't work in the beta. Getting through Siren's is rough without Succor.

jaybone
03-06-2014, 02:53 AM
swish, todays gif is old.

fixed

fastboy21
03-06-2014, 05:57 AM
just learn the path from zone in to zone out...

it really isn't a very difficult run (if you aren't a dumb dumb).

Daldaen
03-06-2014, 07:11 AM
Drop down into water, you can go left, left middle tunnel, straight or right.

Left middle tunnel is where you want to go. You should run into 2-4 seahorses along this path. Just don't suck or get stunned.

Go down that path and at the end swim up the tube, fall out the waterfall. Get back on land and hug the wall left, take that first entrance. Hug left to WW zone line.

Or pay me 1k per evac. Your choice.

Clark
03-06-2014, 09:14 AM
Getting through Siren's is rough without Succor.

Pullyn
03-06-2014, 09:21 AM
Cap or hammer from CS across to WW and invis and drop down and run back from WW to CS. Its fairly easy to get back, you just gotta watch out for the see invis sea horses.

Hollywood
03-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Conjecture here, but one of the devs explicitly stated they wouldn't reimplement well known pathing bugs that people abused to level up on (WC rangers going basically nowhere when feared, the troll in Neriak bar who did the same thing, the spiders in the back of Velks lab ect...) Things that were around forever, never fixed, and people actively wrote guides about how to use as a camp.

I'd consider this to be in a similar vein of bugs they wouldn't re implement.

Does the Dagnors > Kaladim teleport glitch count?

baalzy
03-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Does the Dagnors > Kaladim teleport glitch count?

Truthfully.. I've never heard of that glitch. Never spent much time in Dagnors (running through to Befallen, which I also never spent much time in).

The hardest part of Sirens Grotto is learning the route, which luckily you can just switch to any of the easymode servers and learn. Once you have it down it really shouldn't be difficult/dangerous for most people to get through if they bring some kind of instant invis (10p cloudy potion or ring of shadows).

People didn't have that luxury on live where trying to learn the way through would mean death and a painful CR if you couldn't handle the aggro.

Marglar
03-06-2014, 03:38 PM
it's an easy run. level up your swimming to ease the damage you take while swimming. the mobs leave you alone after you swim through, you can heal up if needed. once you're past the water run, you only have like two of those walrus mobs to aggro before you zone to WW, and you should only take 1-2 hits from them with how short the run is.

Shaakglith12194
03-06-2014, 03:43 PM
I know the route, that's not the problem. The problem was always having to swim past a bunch of stunning, dispelling, nuking, hard-hitting, see-invis garbage. Was 100x easier and risk-free to just sit in that corner and camp 3 times than to go past all that garbage. Yeah succor is an option if you happen to have a druid/wiz in the group, but if you're by yourself, it's just unpleasant at best. And I would rather pay for a rez than donate more than 50pp for a succor.

fastboy21
03-06-2014, 04:54 PM
I know the route, that's not the problem. The problem was always having to swim past a bunch of stunning, dispelling, nuking, hard-hitting, see-invis garbage. Was 100x easier and risk-free to just sit in that corner and camp 3 times than to go past all that garbage. Yeah succor is an option if you happen to have a druid/wiz in the group, but if you're by yourself, it's just unpleasant at best. And I would rather pay for a rez than donate more than 50pp for a succor.

have some pride as a gamer. make the run. laugh at the fools trying to camp exploit. laugh harder at the folks who die. laugh the hardest at the ones who lose their corpse. this is the way of eq. follow it, my son.

Daldaen
03-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Truthfully.. I've never heard of that glitch. Never spent much time in Dagnors (running through to Befallen, which I also never spent much time in).

The hardest part of Sirens Grotto is learning the route, which luckily you can just switch to any of the easymode servers and learn. Once you have it down it really shouldn't be difficult/dangerous for most people to get through if they bring some kind of instant invis (10p cloudy potion or ring of shadows).

People didn't have that luxury on live where trying to learn the way through would mean death and a painful CR if you couldn't handle the aggro.

Two things.

1. You mean Unrest, not Befallen.
2. Invis doesn't help, all sea creatures see invis 100% of the time in there.

Crawdad
03-06-2014, 05:03 PM
Invis, Left, up, left. Boom, you're in WW. The only realistic problem you can run into are the 2-4 seahorses that see invis if you're a clothie.

RhodesRage1976
03-06-2014, 05:12 PM
sow and run really fast, know you're way and make no wrong turns and you will be fine. I made it through on live plenty of times with minimal gear. (Velious was the current expansion at the time too)

Lisset
03-06-2014, 11:42 PM
Basically,what you did was go into the corner at zone in as close into the corner and camp. When you come back in, you'll be slightly in the wall. After 3 camps or so, it'll put you on the other side.

What it's doing is relying on the game mechanic that says if you're in a wall, you'll be moved to the safe point.

Yes, it was an exploit. I used to give warnings for it all the time when I was a guide.

Somekid123
03-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Camping into wall until you basically drop/end up at evac point will not work. Same reason why you get stuck in so many corners where spam ducking doesn't help, you need to auto-run til you get "unstuck" along with many many other pathing/corner BS you'll run into here on P99 compared to live, not sure what to define that "Code" as but its very different here then live, all of which I can agree with for most part.

JackFlash
03-06-2014, 11:48 PM
Basically,what you did was go into the corner at zone in as close into the corner and camp. When you come back in, you'll be slightly in the wall. After 3 camps or so, it'll put you on the other side.

What it's doing is relying on the game mechanic that says if you're in a wall, you'll be moved to the safe point.

Yes, it was an exploit. I used to give warnings for it all the time when I was a guide.

I can't believe people actually did this....lol.

Tasslehofp99
03-06-2014, 11:50 PM
Two things.

1. You mean Unrest, not Befallen.
2. Invis doesn't help, all sea creatures see invis 100% of the time in there.

I could be wrong but shouldn't Invis to Animal work there? At the very least calm animal should.

Pheer
03-06-2014, 11:54 PM
acquire swamp or frost pot

zone into sirens

click pot

get warped to succor spot

proceed to WW

thumbs up

Somekid123
03-06-2014, 11:59 PM
^ Only on beta since those zones aren't active.

HeallunRumblebelly
03-07-2014, 02:15 AM
Invis, Left, up, left. Boom, you're in WW. The only realistic problem you can run into are the 2-4 seahorses that see invis if you're a clothie.

Never had any issue in here with divine aura and clr buffs (self). I think it'd be a rough run for an enchanter or something, though.

Nuggie
03-07-2014, 04:49 AM
It's rough as an int caster right now. If you aren't fast the seahorses will warp onto you as you jump onto the ledge after the big fall. Seahorses aren't acting like they did on live where they would lose aggro when you got out of the water. I used my 39 pet(higher level pets are bugged) to pull one up onto ledge.

Juevento
03-07-2014, 09:54 AM
FYI rogues (and maybe other classes with sow) can sneak/hide through SG. Takes some stones but it can be done.