PDA

View Full Version : Rolling a Warrior

Satanicmajestysrequest
03-05-2014, 07:58 PM
I just made a dark elf warrior, I read on the wiki that it is probably the worst race to pick for a warrior but I am determined to succeed with one. I was just wondering if there are any quests I should be doing or certain items I should be looking for at the moment. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Not to be rude but I do not want anything given to me, I would prefer to earn it myself. It seems more fun and genuine that way.

baalzy
03-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Well, theres always the crafted set:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Crafted_Armor_Quests

You'll need a goodly number of levels first.

Otherwise, farming bone chips, HQ animal hides and deathfist belts will be one of your main staples for plat.

If you're cool with buying from someone in EC (rather than obtaining the drops directly), once you get a magic weapon and up to lvl 10ish you can also start killing Wisps for lightstones. Lightstones are decent XP if you turn them in in SRO to the merchant camp there. Greater lightstones are good XP & money (you get a tomb that you can NPC for 9p i think). Gather up a bunch of those & run over to the camp (you could sell them too if you need).

I searched the wiki but couldn't find any quests that are specific to dark elves with rewards that a warrior could use.

Satanicmajestysrequest
03-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Well, theres always the crafted set:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Crafted_Armor_Quests

You'll need a goodly number of levels first.

Otherwise, farming bone chips, HQ animal hides and deathfist belts will be one of your main staples for plat.

If you're cool with buying from someone in EC (rather than obtaining the drops directly), once you get a magic weapon and up to lvl 10ish you can also start killing Wisps for lightstones. Lightstones are decent XP if you turn them in in SRO to the merchant camp there. Greater lightstones are good XP & money (you get a tomb that you can NPC for 9p i think). Gather up a bunch of those & run over to the camp (you could sell them too if you need).

I searched the wiki but couldn't find any quests that are specific to dark elves with rewards that a warrior could use.

Can dark elves get into Freeport for the deathfist quest?

Satanicmajestysrequest
03-05-2014, 11:39 PM
Should I be using bind wound?

Rkelly
03-06-2014, 12:30 AM
Is it worth maxing dex on a warrior? Pumping bonus points and getting equipment with +DEX, etc.

baalzy
03-06-2014, 12:43 AM
This one I can't really answer. You can get something like +60 dex from shaman buffs (not counting avatar). However if you're going Ogre then I'd consider putting some into Dex since your Str/Stam are going to be higher than any other warrior race anyways.

Rhambuk
03-06-2014, 01:50 AM
de dex should be high enough for a war i'd think, but their str sta is obviously gonna be on the low side.

Depending on your deity you may or may not be kos in FP, at least to guards and merchants and killing orcs out in ec will give you enough faction to do the pelt quest after a while.

Satanicmajestysrequest
03-06-2014, 02:07 AM
I rerolled as an ogre, should be much better. Dark elf just seemed way too squishy

Shatford
03-06-2014, 01:56 PM
You also asked if you should be using bind wound: yes you should. Max it out. You can solo pretty easily up to around lvl 35, and BW plays a big role on drastically reducing downtime.

When I soloed, I'd carry 8 stacks of bandages and keep myself berserk (less than 40% HP to activate, over 45% HP to deactivate). If you find the right level dark-blue mobs, you can mow through them, then BW to 45% after the fight, then wash-rinse-repeat.

After about level 30-35, this tactic becomes a lot slower and you'll need a SHM partner or a group to make the xp flow at a reasonable rate.

As for stats, most warriors I've seen don't bother putting any points into STR. Go with STA and then DEX. Your job is to eat damage and hold agro, not out-dps monks and rogues.

Satanicmajestysrequest
03-06-2014, 03:57 PM
You also asked if you should be using bind wound: yes you should. Max it out. You can solo pretty easily up to around lvl 35, and BW plays a big role on drastically reducing downtime.

When I soloed, I'd carry 8 stacks of bandages and keep myself berserk (less than 40% HP to activate, over 45% HP to deactivate). If you find the right level dark-blue mobs, you can mow through them, then BW to 45% after the fight, then wash-rinse-repeat.

After about level 30-35, this tactic becomes a lot slower and you'll need a SHM partner or a group to make the xp flow at a reasonable rate.

As for stats, most warriors I've seen don't bother putting any points into STR. Go with STA and then DEX. Your job is to eat damage and hold agro, not out-dps monks and rogues.

Thank you. Also another question I would like to bring to this thread is whether or not it is beneficial to start blacksmithing?

baalzy
03-06-2014, 04:42 PM
As a low-level money making/self-gearing method? Probably not.

As a long-term once you're established money making method? Yes, probably. Ogre racial blacksmithing is good stuff and will likely have good demand once the gem component of metal enchanting gets removed (sometime after velious).

(lotta str/stam/sv magic and some Int on the pieces. War/SK usable, Troll/Ogre/Barb. Rallos Zek / Cazic-Thule god restrictions)

http://wiki.project1999.com/Cultural_Tradeskills:_Ogre

Satanicmajestysrequest
03-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Just dinged level six. Things are looking great for the warrior so far.