PDA

View Full Version : Siren's Grotto Agro Radius

doraf
03-05-2014, 05:28 PM
Last night I casted DA (like I did a million times on live) and swam past the seahorses, up the water tunnel and over the edge. From that point, I used to climb up on the ledge in the corner before the Bulthars tunnel out to WW. On that ledge, I could buff, heal invis etc.

Last night, the moment I climbed up on the ledge on the Beta server, I was bombarded by like 10 different mobs. There should be no agro in the corner. It seems that the seahorses agro'd everything through walls as if SG was an outdoor zone in a x,y,z radius.

doraf
03-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Come to think of it. Maybe this should be moved to the Pathing section?

Nuggie
03-06-2014, 02:59 PM
I recall this also. Aggro should reset when you get out of the water. Hopefully this post is close enough to velious era to be considered untainted. Found it about halfway down the page on the a coldspine seahorse (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6345) page

From alla's:

Mar 15 2002 at 9:21 AMRating: Default

Anonymous

Conned yellow to 52, blue to 55, so the level 53 estimate most likely correct ;)

They were social so they usually brought friends on pulls and our 52 enchanter was not successful at getting off a single mezz due to resists... so every time we had to TM one and more often than not just ended up swimming out of the water onto shore to clear aggro, then try again for a single. The chanter was trying to slow too, and I think she was having a lot of trouble landing these too-they have high MR.

Nuggie
03-06-2014, 03:13 PM
also, aggro range seems rather small. you can get past the group at front without getting aggro by doing the following: swim between the group on the left and the single seahorse on the right to the ledges on the other side. run to the wall right by where you swim to get past, jump in and swim. no aggro.

I admit, I never made max level in velious before luclin came out so I can't speak from experience as to the level 59(my necro's current level) aggro radius. However at lower levels when you jump into the water the seahorses should aggro.

EDIT - I tested this with a level 53. he made it over to the ledges opposite the entrance ledge. but aggro'd trying to get past the group of seahorses infront of the watery tunnel.

doraf
03-07-2014, 01:26 AM
The second you drop into the water from CS side in SG you should agro the seahorses. A few of us played around with the seahorses a lot when Velious released on live trying to find ways to sneak around them.