PDA

View Full Version : Advice on progressing past 10

Nisrak
03-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Hi,
I'm back to EQ after a 10 year hiatus! Played and raided from vanilla launch up through PoP (tanked all of PoTime). I decided to roll Monk and after a week or so of casual play I got up to 10, but am not really sure where to go from here. Would love some advice on some good places to level up and gear to get me going. I have 150pp saved up so far from selling HQ skins. Any advice on what to spend this on?

I think my main difficulty is that I typically play from about 2am-4am PST, when most of the server is pretty dead. Any advice on some good areas to solo/group to get me up to 20 where I can start doing some more real stuff?

Look forward to seeing you all in game!

Mokee - 10 Monk

lecompte
03-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Crushbone! Sell them belts

Rhambuk
03-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Crushbone to 15, then to oasis to 20, unrest to 25, mm to 30.

thats just me though

Lasmori
03-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Crushbone to 15, then to oasis to 20, unrest to 25, mm to 30.

Crushbone can be pretty busy during prime time.

Lower Blackburrow can be nice if it's not being used too heavily for PLing at the time.

Befallen is fantastic EXP with a good group at the lower levels.

You can use this zone list as a guide for figuring out where to go.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Recommended_Levels_and_ZEM_List

Make some friends, bring them with you. If a zone is too busy, don't be afraid to try somewhere different. :)

(My main is 13 right now, if you see me around feel free to message me in-game.)

Nisrak
03-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the advice! I guess you guys will be seeing me in CB for a while. Any advice on items to aim for as I start making money from CB belts/pads?

Rhambuk
03-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Crushbone can be pretty busy during prime time.

I thought he was playing after primetime, im on good at timezones.

myxomatosii
03-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Najena is massively overlooked from 9-15, the area outside can take you 15-22. Very rarely populated, great for evils as Neriak is nearby for binds and sales. Freeport isn't much further for goods.

If you watch how the mobs patrol away from the campfire beyond the tunnel, you can get about 6-8 solo pulls to the entrance. The only unavoidable double pull is the two skeletons that guard the tunnel.

Warnings, if you go past the campfire to the right you should avoid the tentacle terrors. If you go past the campfire to the left you should avoid the (air elementals) and earth elementals.

fishingme
03-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Would personally go to unrest at lvl 12. Beetles start to con darkblue at 12.

Dazbonez
03-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Blackburrow I think is your best bet, at those hours it will be completely empty and you can just farm fangs which will be your fastest way to solo to 20.

Vexenu
03-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Buy a Wu's Quivering Staff. Can probably find one for 100pp or even less if you tell the seller you're new to server. It's a 23/28 2hb that could easily last you til 50+. Probably the best bang for the buck weapon in the game.

Dweed
03-06-2014, 12:49 PM
North ro is safe easy single pulls. Close to EC for the occasional buffs, then right on to oasis.

Stonecrush
03-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Greeting, I too am just starting out. Curious of the progression

When I played back in 2001 the progression was EC/NRO, Oasis, LOIO, OT, DL, KC.

I am guessing LOIO is no longer as popular?

The class fights from the LOIO windmill were great. Haha.

gcobb
03-06-2014, 01:39 PM
A lot of people on this server prefer to group in dungeons or other high-exp-modifier zones. You might try something more like Crushbone/Blackburrow -> Unrest -> Mistmoore/Highkeep -> SolB/City of Mist -> KC/Seb/HS.

If you're unable to find a group in those places, the level 18 monk skill Intimidation is wildly and brokenly overpowered on this server. You can easily fear-kite your way from 18 to 46 in the standard Kunark spots. Boring as hell, though.

As far as gear is concerned, buy a Wu's Quivering Staff, tailor yourself a set of Cured Silk armor, and save up for a pair of Platinum Fire Wedding Rings (5 AC/55 HP). With that, you'll really only be missing a haste item.

Clark
03-06-2014, 07:05 PM
Oasis 10-20 with EC tunnel buffs is pretty good and folks pass through to rebuff pretty often. Also a fan of Najena/Unrest.