PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Set Off Traps in DN

doraf
03-05-2014, 02:18 PM
I remember a few traps in Dragon Necropolis. Ramp trap, bone trap, and by the rats. I couldn't seem to set off any traps.

nilbog
03-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Trap system needs to be finished.

blondeattk
03-06-2014, 03:02 AM
traps were introduced with luclin. Not sure the traps were there from the start?

trinkets
03-06-2014, 03:04 AM
There were definitely traps in DN during Velious.

nilbog
03-06-2014, 02:05 PM
traps were introduced with luclin. Not sure the traps were there from the start?

From the eq manual supplement that came with Velious:
Sense and Disarm Traps

Bards, who always had the ability to disarm traps, have gained the ability to sense them as well. Since we are aware that some may have not trained sense or disarm traps because they were unimplemented, bards and rogues will have the ability to gain skill without training, once they have reached the appropriate level and have crossed a zone boundary.

These skills now have use within Velious. There are traps, and they range from annoying to deadly throughout Velious. They are invisible and can only be detected and disarmed by rogues and bards.

Use “Sense Traps” to see if there are any traps in the vicinity. If so, you can then use “Disarm Traps” to try to disarm the trap. Once disarmed, the trap will remain inactive for a short period of time while your group passes through the area.

If there are multiple traps within range, your attempt to disarm will be directed towards the closest one.

Do some research before making wildly wrong statements in bug threads.

Nuggie
03-06-2014, 07:09 PM
Alla's (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6575) has a post showing:

Apr 07 2008 at 9:05 PMRating: Decent

Tarvas

a low hum (a sudden gust fills your mind) 85, -2101, -244
a null field (dispell) 377, -1941, -256
a formless terror (Dragon Roar spell) 206, -1658, -256
a blast of heat (Fiery Death spell) 496, -1361, -256
a null field (dispell) 902, -1182, -256

Ones I've been able to find so far. There another one in the entrance to the tunnel system that spawns spiders but haven't been able to find it now that I'm looking for it.

the post is a bit dated, but accurate unless someone can find a revamp.