PDA

View Full Version : New cleric and Boxing?

Afene
03-05-2014, 09:31 AM
First of all, well met all!

I just created a DE cleric to relive my EQ experiences from the past :)

However, I have some questions about 2-boxing. I don't want to 2-box, but I am thinking of creating my chars on different emu accounts, is this allowed? I ask this, because clerics need groups and a group is not always available :(

Second question, is it allowed to log in on both accounts to transfer items or money? Or is that considered 2-boxing already?

Third question, can you have a sale-bot account in EC logged in at the same time?

Anyway, looking forward to meet you all in game, thanks for answering my questions!

drktmplr12
03-05-2014, 09:37 AM
First of all, well met all!

I just created a DE cleric to relive my EQ experiences from the past :)

Nice.

However, I have some questions about 2-boxing. I don't want to 2-box, but I am thinking of creating my chars on different emu accounts, is this allowed? I ask this, because clerics need groups and a group is not always available :(

Yes this is allowed. However you cannot log into both at the same time for any reason whatsoever. Closest you can get is to have one character online and another at the log in screen i believe. Someone should confirm/deny this. The only way to have two characters online is to have one on the blue server, the other on the red.

Second question, is it allowed to log in on both accounts to transfer items or money? Or is that considered 2-boxing already?

No, you will get banned.

Third question, can you have a sale-bot account in EC logged in at the same time?

No.

Anyway, looking forward to meet you all in game, thanks for answering my questions!

See you around!

MasterKiljaedon
03-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Only through cloning and multiple pcs would boxing ever be allowed on here. Step into the game once on more then one account at a time and your visit will be short lived.

no boxing is not allowed. There is no debate on the matter or anything. The devs and players want boxing almost as much much as rtm trade.

Aeaolena
03-05-2014, 10:00 AM
Boxing of any kind is a major no-no on P1999.

GM's will suspend/ban you for it.

Guilds will remove/kick you on the spot if you are caught.

With that said, it is smart to create a cleric on a different Emu account. That way you can give a friend (with a different ISP address) your clerics information. They can log in your cleric and rez your main that you log in on the other account. Also, if you ever want to give your future guild access to your rezzer, your other character won't be at risk.

Swish
03-05-2014, 10:13 AM
I've heard of all kinds of angles on how some players think its "ok" to have an IP exemption.

The most famous one was "I could get my mom to log my druid in to buff my low level shaman", "she doesn't play video games but technically there'd be two of us at the screen at that time".

Don't even think about it... you'll get caught :p

Afene
03-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Thanks a lot all for the information! It is all clear to me!

tristantio
03-05-2014, 11:27 AM
You can use http://ahungry.com/eqauctions/ for your EC trading when out hunting :)

Daldaen
03-05-2014, 11:31 AM
I've heard of all kinds of angles on how some players think its "ok" to have an IP exemption.

The most famous one was "I could get my mom to log my druid in to buff my low level shaman", "she doesn't play video games but technically there'd be two of us at the screen at that time".

Don't even think about it... you'll get caught :p

Loved when account sales were still active, and people would advertise an IP exemption.

It would be interesting to get a statistic on the number of account sales that included IP exemptions.

Swish
03-05-2014, 11:44 AM
Loved when account sales were still active, and people would advertise an IP exemption.

This guy got mad :p (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=713569&postcount=226)

I'd like to see a one off 1 hour ban at peak time for IP exemptions to see the impact on the EC tunnel population, just for curiosity :p

baalzy
03-05-2014, 12:29 PM
I never did anything wrong but damnit am I pissed at you for mentioning they should remove my ability to cheat... which i don't do. Still, that pisses me off.

You're such an assclown Swish, jesus.

Swish
03-05-2014, 12:36 PM
I never did anything wrong but damnit am I pissed at you for mentioning they should remove my ability to cheat... which i don't do. Still, that pisses me off.

You're such an assclown Swish, jesus.

Thanks man <3

loramin
03-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Um, he's an ass for wanting to see how many people exploit the boxing-exception inappropriately? Am I missing something?

Bamz4l
03-05-2014, 01:34 PM
yes, the sarcasm

jaybone
03-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Boxing of any kind is a major no-no on P1999.

GM's will suspend/ban you for it.

Guilds will remove/kick you on the spot if you are caught.

With that said, it is smart to create a cleric on a different Emu account. That way you can give a friend (with a different ISP address) your clerics information. They can log in your cleric and rez your main that you log in on the other account. Also, if you ever want to give your future guild access to your rezzer, your other character won't be at risk.

Lol

baalzy
03-05-2014, 02:44 PM
yes, the sarcasm

I really wrestled with putting a /s in there. I probably should have, but I didn't think it was necessary.

MasterKiljaedon
03-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Would like to add that it's perfectly legal to play a character on blue while playing a character on red.

I would like to add you can slit your wrist while playing blue but I would not recommend either

Faerie
03-05-2014, 03:49 PM
whoa :O