PDA

View Full Version : Constant crashing while zoning, all belongings are gone.

Mollyflogger42
03-05-2014, 04:48 AM
I've been on P1999 for a while now, and have never really experienced any issues until tonight.

Tonight, I crashed every time I zoned. Some were hard crashes, requiring a restart, where as others would soft crash, where the game would uncrash within 2 minutes. However, I experienced a crash which did more than just require a restart.

Before I begin, I play with WinEQ, have reset my internet, restarted my computer, etc. Any trick that has been provided, I have done. Nothing helped tonight.

Upon crashing the last time, I could not log in at all. Blank server screen for 5 minutes, followed by Unknown Errors when trying to log into P1999. When finally getting done with the Unknown Errors, I was greeted by a "Your spells are out of date," message when arriving at the character select screen. FINALLY I was able to select a character, only for it to not load into the game.

After a good 10 minutes or so, I finally got into the game, only to find everything on my person was gone. A full set of Banded Armor, two rings which gave a +5 to HP, a Sacrificial Dagger, a spear, bags, food... literally anything that was on me is gone.

My bank is empty except for the cash that is in there, however this is because I did not have anything in my bank to begin with, so my bank is as it should be.

I sent a petition, however I haven't received any response.

Seriously, some help would be nice here.

Unidus
03-05-2014, 06:50 AM
Did you install the latest patch? I remember the spells out of date thing if you didn't update your files.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140577

Was on the 23rd if you haven't played since before then.

Quineloe
03-05-2014, 07:34 AM
if your spell file is out of date, you can't get past character creation and your "characters" are renamed to "change your spell file already"

Buriedpast
03-05-2014, 07:39 AM
Yeah im missing epic and a bunch of gear from one of my chars, another was missing a VP key, a friend has been missing his VP key for weeks.

Its some serious bug they have at the moment where things poof.

webrunner5
03-05-2014, 11:01 AM
I think you are totally screwed!! Next thread. JK. Petition it. :)

Mollyflogger42
03-05-2014, 03:20 PM
I sent a petition in game last night when it occurred, however I think I did it on the wrong character. I went ahead and submitted a petition here on the forums.

I didn't die while zoning. When I was finally able to log in, I was right where I should have been upon zoning into Greater Faydark, rather than spawning where I'm bound. I also had no corpse in the zone, nor in the Butcherblock Mountains.

I had two rings, both the same ring. Gave me a +5 to HP, but I can't find this ring on the Wiki. Looks like the Silvered Fire Emerald Ring. Anyone know what this ring is? In my petition I was trying to be as informative as I could, but the name of the ring escapes me.

Latest patch is also installed. I installed that the second it got released. Last night was the only time I was met with the, "Your spell files are out of date," message, and I've had the patch since it got released.

Thanks for the input though. Hopefully I can have my items returned to me.

myriverse
03-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Jaded Silver Ring? That's got +5 HP & MANA. Same icon as Silvered Fire Emerald Ring too.