PDA

View Full Version : Project1999 Servers

Artaenc
03-04-2014, 07:04 PM
I wonder if these servers are running virtual machines? I see that we have a beta server, can't we setup a 2nd Blue server for people that don't want to do rotations and allow people to transfer to it? If it doesn't work out then the servers can always get merged back in? Let's take a vote, I understand the possibilities of this happening is probably low. Is it cash that we need for servers or more voluntary devs? If I knew how to run one of these servers to make it look classic I would.

BigHurb
03-04-2014, 07:07 PM
nothxunewhere

Voland
03-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Which new server are you talking about and what is "rotation"?

Rec
03-04-2014, 07:27 PM
new server no transfers

rollin5k
03-04-2014, 07:28 PM
transfers ruin the point of a new server obviously

baalzy
03-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Obvious troll post is obvious.

Swish
03-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Why split the population though? Live servers were busier than 1200-1300 back in the day.

Artaenc
03-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Lord Bob 2.0?

Whoa! Not so fast with the name calling. No, we will be abiding by the wishes of the rulers of the community. One thing I'm puzzled about though is why would a particular rotation loving guild watch another much weaker guild have a bad pull then immediately pull the mob to have the kill for themselves then lie about not seeing the other guild trying to kill the mob. The guild names have not been mentioned to protect the innocent. That had to be the work of a hypocrite or an isolated incident.

Artaenc
03-04-2014, 07:40 PM
new server no transfers

This would be cool if it's progression. Nothing more exciting than fighting over the assassin/eye camp in the beginning. It sucks that I missed it here and missed it on live also.

jpetrick
03-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Whoa! Not so fast with the name calling. No, we will be abiding by the wishes of the rulers of the community. One thing I'm puzzled about though is why would a particular rotation loving guild watch another much weaker guild have a bad pull then immediately pull the mob to have the kill for themselves then lie about not seeing the other guild trying to kill the mob. The guild names have not been mentioned to protect the innocent. That had to be the work of a hypocrite or an isolated incident.

Literally every post I see from you is you complaining about something stupid.

Artaenc
03-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Why split the population though? Live servers were busier than 1200-1300 back in the day.

Currently I think there is more people than content at the moment not sure what happens when velious is out.

Artaenc
03-04-2014, 07:47 PM

You must have blinders on.

Swish
03-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Currently I think there is more people than content at the moment not sure what happens when velious is out.

I think the server is as heavy as live at the top end when Velious was released, but that's not to say that lower levels are empty. Still hard to get a good XP group going in Mistmoore and similar places due to the well trodden XP zones being overcamped by lower level players.

It's a sign of a healthy population on the server, I wouldn't want to split it and put us back to P99 summer levels of 18 months ago.

Ciroco
03-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Your poll is flawed in that it assumes only rotation lovers would not want to transfer.

Also, didn't you literally just ask about joining the class R rotation?

Swish
03-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Also the usual lack of of a "Bush inside job towers 9/11" option.

Artaenc
03-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Your poll is flawed in that it assumes only rotation lovers would not want to transfer.

Also, didn't you literally just ask about joining the class R rotation?

I agree it is slightly flawed, I should have taken that into consideration that rotation lovers might want to transfer as well to spread their influence. In regards to the rotation sign up, well I don't see any other choice because the last guild that didn't want to join the rotation got crucified.

Squire
03-04-2014, 10:01 PM
new server no transfers

teams pvp or red ffa new box

Ciroco
03-04-2014, 10:18 PM
I agree it is slightly flawed, I should have taken that into consideration that rotation lovers might want to transfer as well to spread their influence.

I think I just got Borfed.

myriverse
03-05-2014, 08:34 AM
I think the server is as heavy as live at the top end when Velious was released, but that's not to say that lower levels are empty. Still hard to get a good XP group going in Mistmoore and similar places due to the well trodden XP zones being overcamped by lower level players.

It's a sign of a healthy population on the server, I wouldn't want to split it and put us back to P99 summer levels of 18 months ago.
This.
And this.
Also the usual lack of of a "Bush inside job towers 9/11" option.
Eff the towarz.

Quineloe
03-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Server may be full at the raid end game, it is pretty empty levels 1-35.

falkun
03-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Server may be full at the raid end game, it is pretty empty levels 40-50.

FTFY

Juhstin
03-05-2014, 08:41 AM
Obvious troll post is obvious.

Tecmos Deception
03-05-2014, 08:44 AM

I always kinda got this vibe from his posts too.

"Easy does it, friend. We're all here to enjoy P99 together! No need to be hostile. I am just inquiring about something that legitimately concerns me, and I hoped to get valuable community input on the subject!" -ish stuff.

Quineloe
03-05-2014, 10:14 AM
FTFY

I'm not there yet, but the game is empty compared to classic kunark at all levels before that as well.

Swish
03-05-2014, 10:19 AM
...it is pretty empty levels 1-35.

Been in Unrest/MM/Oasis lately? Thriving!

Quineloe
03-05-2014, 10:26 AM
Classic kunark those zones were a lot more populated than they are today, plus people were in other dungeons as well, which are completely empty now. Guk is empty almost all the time and back in Kunark that was a 20 to 40 player zone throughout the day.

Swish
03-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Classic kunark those zones were a lot more populated than they are today, plus people were in other dungeons as well, which are completely empty now. Guk is empty almost all the time and back in Kunark that was a 20 to 40 player zone throughout the day.

I think LOIO was more populated, but people didn't have access to a "zone experience modifier" sheet that told them LOIO is the worst xp zone in the game.

I went through Guk a couple of weeks ago to rez some people in Lower Guk and they had about 22-25 people in including a thriving group at the Lower Guk (dead) zoneline who I accidentally trained not thinking there'd be anyone there :rolleyes:

Add a couple of groups "on the way", people at the ancient croc on a CC etc. I don't know where these ideas of deserted zones are coming from.

However, Nurga/Sol A/Runnyeye never seem to have more than a group when I go in there, which isn't often anyway.

If your play time is 9am EST then there won't be as much action, but if you're logging in when the server is 1100+ at peak... there's usually plenty going on.

Make an alt and try going through these zones yourself, its nice to see people still leveling.

Quineloe
03-05-2014, 10:44 AM
then where's the difference coming from we have compared to some of the high pop servers? Where were these players in 2000? They obviously weren't in VP.

LOIO may be lowest ZEM (it certainly isn't bad exp, chain pulls are a lot easier than in some old world dungeons), but it is insane cash. up to 2pp in cash from every sarnak, plus a steady supply of 0.1 weight 10pp items.

So there's also always people in LOIO.

Swish
03-05-2014, 10:50 AM
I sucked in 2000, spent too much time playing through the newbie zones. Got a bard to 35, quit because I died too often in Lower Guk (always got aggro on incoming)...and rerolled another 2-3 times to try something else.

The best I managed in Kunark was a 40-something iksar shaman. I guess the game changed, and the timeline too. We've all had the opportunity to level more than 1 character through Kunark etc.

There was a time on P99 when you could zone into MM and you'd be the only group there.

Reguiy
03-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Troll poll.

Artaenc
03-05-2014, 03:06 PM
Troll poll.

Elaborate?

distung
03-05-2014, 03:24 PM
I agree it is slightly flawed, I should have taken that into consideration that rotation lovers might want to transfer as well to spread their influence. In regards to the rotation sign up, well I don't see any other choice because the last guild that didn't want to join the rotation got crucified.

Posts like this is why people know your posts and polls are just meant to troll. It's also as passive aggressive as it gets.

baalzy
03-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Elaborate?

Because the whole rhetoric about 'rotation lovers'

Theres are a bunch of vocal people who think the idea of Class R is 'welfare pixels' and refuse to recognize that having player agreed rotations on certain servers was as legitimately classic as hardcore FFA every guild for themselves. These people are not happy that 1 player base is making due with 2 different raiding philosophies and would rather go back to shitting over everyone who isn't bat-phone ready.

So, making a 'poll' using that language while assuming certain people wouldn't want to switch servers because they 'love rotations' comes off as textbook trolling.

Ofaelol
03-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Server may be full at the raid end game, it is pretty empty levels 1-35.

I'm level 9 and CB and GFay orcs are over camped. Not sure if that means anything, but it looks like 1-15 are heavily populated.

skipdog
03-05-2014, 03:40 PM
rofl asking for a new server eh?

if OP is serious, then he should be expected to be laughed at and ridiculed as much as we'd like :)

Artaenc
03-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Because the whole rhetoric about 'rotation lovers'

Theres are a bunch of vocal people who think the idea of Class R is 'welfare pixels' and refuse to recognize that having player agreed rotations on certain servers was as legitimately classic as hardcore FFA every guild for themselves. These people are not happy that 1 player base is making due with 2 different raiding philosophies and would rather go back to shitting over everyone who isn't bat-phone ready.

So, making a 'poll' using that language while assuming certain people wouldn't want to switch servers because they 'love rotations' comes off as textbook trolling.

What you're talking about is separating the hard core vs casual. What you have conjectured is that all casual guilds/individuals preferred to push for rotations. What has happened here is everyone else that's not hard core is going to be forced to join the rotation or else they will get gangbanged by multiple guilds as in the case of doljo. What's the difference between casuals getting stepped on by the hard core and doljo getting stepped on by multiple guilds that prefer rotations exactly?

So, making a 'poll' allowing individual players to voice their opinions privately currently shows that more people actually prefer not to be in rotations and want that adrenaline rush when they are racing another guild even if they lose. You slapped a "textbook trolling" label on this post now I'm wondering what kind of textbooks you read. Too bad I can't see the look of perplexity in your face from here. I can see it on your elaboration though.

dre
03-05-2014, 10:49 PM
niblog/rogean are the pied pipers of eqemu devs.

If some other staff ran a server as stable as this, I would play there.

baalzy
03-05-2014, 11:10 PM
Doljo wanted a hardcore player environment, they just knew they didn't have the ability to compete at that level so instead they tried to force it onto Class R.

You're essentially saying the same thing. You live in this fantasy land where you can have FFA/competition without having it be in the hardcore nature that exists within Class C. You don't want these other guilds imposing their collective will about how Class R should operate so instead you're proposing, what... they go along with what YOU want?

Class C had everything Doljo wanted, they just didn't have the ability to compete and didn't want to respect the other groups of people who were okay with not competing so they tried to shit all over them.

Sounds like you're asking for the same thing, but on a different server, without the class C people. So you can compete against who? A shard of just 1 guild that gets everything and knows noone else is going to come around and kill the mob before you get to it? That exists, on Red.

You're either trolling or you're out of touch.

Artaenc
03-05-2014, 11:17 PM
You're either trolling or you're out of touch.

So now you're not sure but earlier you were 100% sure I was textbook trolling. It's like talking to a wall with you.

baalzy
03-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Yeah, ignore the rest of my post. (edit: this is sarcasm, since you didn't even bother with any but my last line)

Okay, you're not a troll. You're just, I don't even know. You're saying you want what Class C has, but without the Class C people.

Wait until Jeremy finishes his Classic project, start your own server and go compete against yourself then.

distung
03-05-2014, 11:40 PM
No, you're trolling. The only way you're not trolling is if you're just completely stupid. I'm of the opinion that you're both, given the choices in your "poll" above.

Quineloe
03-06-2014, 06:32 AM
I'm level 9 and CB and GFay orcs are over camped. Not sure if that means anything, but it looks like 1-15 are heavily populated.

What I'm saying is that one or two zones actually being populated isn't what it was like in 2000. In 2000 you had people of that level range in, Blackburrow, Befallen, Guktop, Najena... now you have a few mid level characters farming teeth in BB, Qeynos hills is empty as fuck, so is South Karana as well, same with Najena and basically everything on antonica but guktop. I remember Sol Ro breaking 2500 players during weekend prime time easily, and these players were somewhere, scattered all over Norrath, and most of them were not 60.

Gfay is basically where everyone is going to now because that's the only place where you can consistently group. People who start in odus / western antonica are encouraged to beg for a port there so life isn't so hard on them.

rollin5k
03-06-2014, 11:20 AM
This server has a very healthy population a bit overcrowded imo. You're crazy