PDA

View Full Version : Little Ranger Help

Biopimp
03-04-2014, 03:59 AM
So Im a 26 ranger and have noticed an issue with my misses when i attack. I am currently working on increasing my dex which seems to have helped quite a bit. My question is, should i replace my hp/ac ring and jagged band with 5dex/str rings. I am debating if i should due to the fact that a lot of the time warriors cannot keep aggro off me at this level even if i do not cast on the mob or taunt at all. Is the dex/str worth dropping about 10ac and 55hps at this level for a gain of 10dex and 7str? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Oaks the Ranger
03-04-2014, 04:31 AM
If you're getting hit a lot, try and get another ac/hp ring, the more hp you have the happier the healers are...in groups throw a big 2 hander into the mix, much less aggro and still good dps, though the str will work better if using the 2 handers.

Oh the decisions !

Have fun..

Ciroco
03-04-2014, 04:35 AM
Dexterity has no impact on melee accuracy.
5 ac 55 hp rings are one of the best bang for your buck items out there for any class. You will probably end up tanking a lot, so stick with em.

Clark
03-04-2014, 07:30 AM
Stick with the 5ac 55hp. Also agree with Oaks, 2H weapon for group is good idea. Especially since Rangers get a lot of choices.

phacemeltar
03-04-2014, 07:32 AM
melee accuracy = melee skill + level range (between mob and yourself) + random number generator

it sucks really badly below level 35 or so, especially on a ranger since you probably have shit for AC. stick with it, and try to stay alive as long as possible imo. DEX will only help you if you have a weapon that procs a spell.

Swish
03-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Dexterity has no impact on melee accuracy.

^^

To improve your damage you need to boost your STR and atk rating, but don't neglect your stamina because there will be times when you'll be tanking :)

Biopimp
03-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Great. Nice to see the executioners good I bought was about worthless compared to my crested helm. Thanks for all the advice.

webrunner5
03-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Dex is mostly for Proc's on weapons and in your case crits on your arrows also.

fadetree
03-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Well, the above advice is correct, dex more or less not as important as STR or STA...EXCEPT when you get a swarmcaller. Dex has a significant impact on proccage and so your ex. hat will come in handy then.

lecompte
03-04-2014, 11:27 AM
So Im a 26 ranger and have noticed an issue with my misses when i attack. I am currently working on increasing my dex which seems to have helped quite a bit. My question is, should i replace my hp/ac ring and jagged band with 5dex/str rings. I am debating if i should due to the fact that a lot of the time warriors cannot keep aggro off me at this level even if i do not cast on the mob or taunt at all. Is the dex/str worth dropping about 10ac and 55hps at this level for a gain of 10dex and 7str? Thanks in advance for the advice.

The biggest determiner of your ability to hit is going to be your level vs the mobs at this point. You'll always use the Hp/AC rings while soloing, but in group play as a dps, you'll use the dex/str rings. If your damage is comparable (and it should be short of you being fairly geared) probably the reason why the warrior can't hold agro even w/o you casting is they aren't using procing weapons and/or their weapons hit slower than yours.

YendorLootmonkey
03-04-2014, 08:25 PM
I just rooted the mobs (or switched to Ebony Bladed Swords for the root proc) and gave the group a heads up that's what I was doing so the warrior could get in close. Then, if root breaks, it's at least on me and not a caster. Most warriors were appreciative... only a few got all upset that I insinuated they "needed aggro help". I was doing it more to save myself, really. :P

phacemeltar
03-04-2014, 08:30 PM
i love the ranger paradox: need to get up on aggro list so i dont die and lose my body

radditsu
03-04-2014, 09:35 PM
How tall is this little ranger we need to help? Short people weird me out.