PDA

View Full Version : Kael Drakkel mob tuning thread

Byrjun
03-04-2014, 02:00 AM
This will be a bit brief as I'm writing this before I go to bed, but I'm getting the ball rolling here and others can add their findings to this.

Stuff like pathing and aggro radii has been brought up in other threads.

As for the mobs themselves, some additional tuning needs to be made. I've only been in Kael for a few hours so I can't give tons of examples/parses yet (will try to add more as I can spend more time here), but here's a quick rundown of the issues I've noticed:

AC - Mob AC seems pretty ridiculous. Some of our players were noticing approximately a 33% decrease to their max hit. Melee DPS is just very low across the board - how accurate is this to live?
HP - Mob HP seems to be all over the place. For example, the trash around arena like the Lieutenants and such have a lot of HP and they take a long time to kill with a single group. But most named giants, for example Kallis Stormcaller or Vkjor have very low HP. Vkjor is an especially good example, he seems to have about a third of the HP as the rest of the trash around arena.
DPS - Here's where I'm just going by "feel" and could be incorrect, but it also feels like the mobs don't do enough DPS. As a solo shaman, I never feel like I'm in danger around the arena. Mobs don't hit very hard, and they also miss and hit for low amounts very often.

Shiftin
03-04-2014, 10:44 AM
my max and average hits on arena "trash" blue giants is noticeably lower than even on any kunark raid mob.

In a little over an hour, we also only got 1 toe and 1 helm, which I remember being overwhelmed with on live.

Buriedpast
03-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Distinct lack of faction drop items.

Armour drops seem ok so far, maybe a touch low.

Various random blue con mobs are 100% CR or 100% FR it seems.

Various ranom blue con mobs have 9-11k hp when other things their level range seem to have 17-20k. (basing off sunstrike hits).

Cant bind at bank? I am sure casters could. Correct me if wrong.

Cripple seemed to have no effect on AE rampage. I tried a few times and saw no real reduction. On live it hard a definite effect.

Byrjun
03-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Various ranom blue con mobs have 9-11k hp when other things their level range seem to have 17-20k. (basing off sunstrike hits).

Yup, HP is really random. The first mob in Kael I killed was a db near the nobles just before the tunnel to arena. It was taking like 10% or more damage per JBB click. Then I fought a light blue in the same area and it was taking about 3-4% per JBB click.

I'll try to get names next time I'm in the area.

Daldaen
03-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Re-AC, I thought that was one of the inconsistencies we have on our server? Melee DPS doing max DMG or higher on the DI way more than they should / did during classic?

I haven't had a chance to mess around in Kael, perhaps tonight though.

nilbog
03-04-2014, 03:46 PM
Stuff like pathing and aggro radii has been brought up in other threads.

Pathing is being completed. Hopefully a new file will go in later today.
Aggro radius across kael has been changed. It will go live with next update.

AC - Mob AC seems pretty ridiculous. Some of our players were noticing approximately a 33% decrease to their max hit. Melee DPS is just very low across the board - how accurate is this to live?

Giant AC was always high. I will look into it.

HP - Mob HP seems to be all over the place. For example, the trash around arena like the Lieutenants and such have a lot of HP and they take a long time to kill with a single group. But most named giants, for example Kallis Stormcaller or Vkjor have very low HP. Vkjor is an especially good example, he seems to have about a third of the HP as the rest of the trash around arena.
DPS - Here's where I'm just going by "feel" and could be incorrect, but it also feels like the mobs don't do enough DPS. As a solo shaman, I never feel like I'm in danger around the arena. Mobs don't hit very hard, and they also miss and hit for low amounts very often.
Being investigated.

Cant bind at bank? I am sure casters could. Correct me if wrong.

Can only bind at Kael entrances (EW and WL). This was a change made later in Velious, but for simplicity sake, we will be launching with it as we have no system to dynamically change it.

heartbrand
03-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Pathing is being completed. Hopefully a new file will go in later today.
Aggro radius across kael has been changed. It will go live with next update.

Giant AC was always high. I will look into it.

Being investigated.

Can only bind at Kael entrances (EW and WL). This was a change made later in Velious, but for simplicity sake, we will be launching with it as we have no system to dynamically change it.

What will be the rule on Red? Will kael / SS be considered raid zones due to raid mob presence a la sol b / perma, and be unbindable, or not?