PDA

View Full Version : Haven't been able to log in for two days?

Trelaboon
03-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Okay, for the last two days I haven't been able to logg in. I get constant "unknown errors" or timeout errors etc. Is this going on with anyone else, or is this an individual issue?

Somekid123
03-03-2014, 09:07 PM
No issues here, ive gotten the unknown errors usually a computer restart or getting pist off and going on a beer run [kills 20 mins] fixies itself.

Off-chance that your comp has been on 2 days in row and you haven't reset it? Sure be nice if it was that easy of a fix.

Edit: When this happens I usually log all the way out to desktop and try, sometimes takes 2-3 times.

Trelaboon
03-03-2014, 09:11 PM
I've restarted my computer numerous times. Completely closed EQ out and restarted numerous times...i'm not sure what's going on. I had been having issues with logging in a bit the last couple weeks, but nothing like this. It's been like an hour of me trying non-stop...not sure what else to do

baalzy
03-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Try cycling the power on your modem/router.

Champion_Standing
03-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Clear your cookies and if that doesn't work you will need to put in a ticket.

Telin
03-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Try flushing your DNS cache.

Trelaboon
03-03-2014, 09:51 PM
<edit> Nevermind...googled it lol. No luck

Trelaboon
03-03-2014, 09:54 PM
lol By the way, Telin...i'm from Charleston, West Virginia area too. What?

Spacebar
03-03-2014, 11:44 PM
Sounds like one of the many errors that have been occurring for people in this thread: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125811

-time outs
- blank server screen,
-boots back to log in when connecting, boots back to log in when connecting from character select screen,
-character select screen not showing characters
- saying your files are out of date when they aren't

Nobody is quite sure why it is happening, but some people have related it to their ISP or modem or router or witchcraft. Either way, try the game on a different ISP (work or a friend's), try tethering your phone to see if 3g/4g or whatever lets you get in.

NextGenesis88
03-04-2014, 01:00 AM
You might have to smush up a few bananas, (make sure they are name brand. Dole perhaps) spread it on each butt cheek, rub it in for 7 minutes, wait for 15 and then power cycle your modem. Check back when your modem is ready and go clean up in the bathroom. Keep more bananas on hand in case it didn't work and report back.

I'm not sure, but I am pretty sure some of the guys here use their tinfoil hats to make an antenna or two and somehow that gives them better wireless reception and connectivity, but you need to have one hand on your computer for it to work. The hat is helpful because it allows you to keep your other hand free. I mean we keep tinfoil hats as a joke mostly, but the smart ones here keep it close by for anything serious we might need it for. (beats me that this somehow works, I thought they were trolling me when they said to do this)

It's hard to explain to you how these things work, but I wouldn't direct you to do this if it wasn't in some way helpful.

Cheers

NextGenesis88
03-04-2014, 01:14 AM
If you really wanted to know, the butt cheeks are somewhat of a hotspot for energy (dark matter as well hehe). The bananas in a certain consistency allow this energy, which is very similar GHz frequency as our modems, to be carried out more efficiently and it nearly doubles the strength and flow of the signal. This usually somehow corrects any DNS errors which I have been plagued with myself. I have tried just about everything so this is why I took these drastic measures. To know what it's like to not be able to get my daily 8-10 hours in for P99 I completely understand what you are going through and if these guys can't help you then you always have my methods to try. I am here to help bud and a best of luck.

Hit me up when you get in game.
-Potassium

webrunner5
03-04-2014, 10:24 AM
Are we able to EAT the smush upped bananas on Peanut Butter bread after the 15 minutes??

NextGenesis88
03-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Are we able to EAT the smush upped bananas on Peanut Butter bread after the 15 minutes??

Well, yes.

Ahldagor
03-04-2014, 09:01 PM
why would anyone waste a good banana by not eating it? make some banana bread

myriverse
03-05-2014, 08:36 AM
Do plantains work?