PDA

View Full Version : Question about Ragefire

reborn649
03-03-2014, 03:19 PM
So this is not meant to be an RnF by any means, but just trying to get some clarification on this spawn and the PnP behind it.

This morning i was camping Zordak and he spawns. Had my buddy login so we could start killing the Magi and the 2 fire giants right outside ragefire room. Buddy logs in, we kill magi and are working on finishing off 1 of the 2 fire giants when a bard runs into the room, turns in pearl, and runs back to zoneline. In the process we got social aggro on every fire giant in the zone due to the train caused by the bard to try and do a quick turn in. Buddy and I got destroyed by the train. Assuming the bard played DA song and just ran to ragefire or something. Anyhow...bard of course denies everything, but fraps was running...bards guild zones in and clears fire giants, zordak, then ragefire.

I just recently started camping ragefire to try and get a cleric buddy his epic and I know there is a 20min timeframe after a pearl is turned in to engage/kill ragefire, but is training a group in the lair that is setting up for turn in an okay thing to do?

Like I said, I am not ranting by any means, just trying to get an understanding of the rules, if any, surrounding this camp.

Pullyn
03-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Name and shame. You are pretty much right on the rules. 20 mins to engage after turning in a pearl. If you have fraps of them training you, you should petition it, include a link to the fraps and let the GM's have a look at it.

webrunner5
03-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Names and pictures or it didn't happen. :D

Swish
03-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Names and pictures or it didn't happen. :D

The sad bottom line on P99 for this sort of thing, fraps footage is the best evidence.

Tubben
03-03-2014, 03:48 PM
he said he had fraps.

I would petition it and see what happen.

Erati
03-03-2014, 04:12 PM
pretty much waiting around with Zordak merchant up is a risk ur taking by not turning in pearl when he pops

Had u turned it in then cleared giants u wouldnt have had this problem. Zordak can b tracked at the zone in to Sol B by most, every min he stands there people are coming

and no one knows who is in lair as you bee line

reborn649
03-03-2014, 04:23 PM
pretty much waiting around with Zordak merchant up is a risk ur taking by not turning in pearl when he pops

Had u turned it in then cleared giants u wouldnt have had this problem. Zordak can b tracked at the zone in to Sol B by most, every min he stands there people are coming

and no one knows who is in lair as you bee line

Ya this is the lesson i learned today. Will be turning in pearl upon spawn from now on. On the same token though, this wouldnt have made a difference today since I still would have caught the bards train when they came to do their pearl turn in. Going to petition with fraps and see what happens.

Thanks for the input guys!

Zordak spawns
-Turn in pearl IMMEDIATELY (d-bag snipers everywhere)
-20min to engage after pearl
-Pray no morans train room while coming to do turn in
-Fraps to catch morans

If there is anything else I need to know about spawn, lemme know!

skipdog
03-03-2014, 04:47 PM
It sounds like there should be a raid suspension for training.

This seems like a pretty clear cut case to me. They broke the rules by training you to allow them to turn in the pearl first and thus, they should receive the harsh penalty of a ban.

Am I missing something?

Derubael
03-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Fraps should be a requirement on every ragefire encounter. That mob causes more issues than any other engage on Blue.

Send us a link to the fraps in the petition forum, and we'll take a look.

Erati
03-03-2014, 04:56 PM
It sounds like there should be a raid suspension for training.

This seems like a pretty clear cut case to me. They broke the rules by training you to allow them to turn in the pearl first and thus, they should receive the harsh penalty of a ban.

Am I missing something?

cant raid suspend for a non-raid mob

even if a guild fields multiple groups or a "raid" to kill

can only suspend for "training" if these fraps prove punishment worthy

skipdog
03-03-2014, 06:41 PM

oh DUH!! of course he isn't a raid mob haha!! not sure why people keep mentioning fraps tho... OP specifically said he had the fraps :)

HeallunRumblebelly
03-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Fraps should be a requirement on every ragefire encounter. That mob causes more issues than any other engage on Blue.

Send us a link to the fraps in the petition forum, and we'll take a look.

Deru, you're gonna need to have rogean put fraps in the getting started guide--make sure to put buffer on cycle too, lol.

Derubael
03-03-2014, 09:29 PM

We will absolutely raid suspend for Ragefire disputes. As with everything else, it's subject to staff discretion (IE, if guild X trained guild Y at engage, but guild X only fielded 3 people, that's not really something that would subject the whole guild to a suspension).

But if you show up with 25 people to kill ragefire, train the other guild there or pull some other type of shenanigans, you had better believe your guild is going to be held responsible.

Also, while ragefire isn't technically a raid mob, when we do raid suspension we don't allow guilds to kill him. We once made the mistake of letting him be killed during a previous suspension, and it was a terrible idea, so we never did that again.

Deru, you're gonna need to have rogean put fraps in the getting started guide--make sure to put buffer on cycle too, lol.

frapsquestengaged.

Gaffin 7.0
03-03-2014, 09:47 PM
i remember helping europa do ragefire for a cleric, taken spawned soon as we did, poor guy didnt even get it because we wiped and they grabbed it. greedy fucks