PDA

View Full Version : Velious Raid Rules: General Forum Thread where the unwashed masses can post

Frieza_Prexus
03-03-2014, 02:49 PM
The raid forum recently had a post go up (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1347683#post1347683) talking about what raid rules, if any, will be necessary come Velious.

I'd like to kick off the discussion by saying that only a few instances will require rules on the level of what we currently have. The big one, I think, is Tunare. However, I think her solution is fairly simple. Whenever Tunare spawns she should respawn the zone (if she doesn't already). The first guild to down Ail the Elder (the most difficult of the treants) will be given X hours (say 3? 4?) to make two uncontested attempts. Giving only one attempt is a bit harsh given the demanding nature (pun intended) of clearing the zone, and two should be a comfortable margin to reward the guild putting in the effort to clear.

Thoughts?

P.S. TMO will not wake the Sleeper.

HeallunRumblebelly
03-03-2014, 02:55 PM
The raid forum recently had a post go up (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1347683#post1347683) talking about what raid rules, if any, will be necessary come Velious.

I'd like to kick off the discussion by saying that only a few instances will require rules on the level of what we currently have. The big one, I think, is Tunare. However, I think her solution is fairly simple. Whenever Tunare spawns she should respawn the zone (if she doesn't already). The first guild to down Ail the Elder (the most difficult of the treants) will be given X hours (say 3? 4?) to make two uncontested attempts. Giving only one attempt is a bit harsh given the demanding nature (pun intended) of clearing the zone, and two should be a comfortable margin to reward the guild putting in the effort to clear.

Thoughts?

Seems like an obvious solution, kind of like how CT was before the clusterfuck it is now.

Also, NTOV...Any way to mitigate the leap frogging that's going to occur? If those dragons have variance its' going to be a situation of having two guilds staring at about 4 trash mobs prior to each dragon in a Mexican standoff. The trash prior to Vulak especially.

Frieza_Prexus
03-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Seems like an obvious solution, kind of like how CT was before the clusterfuck it is now.

Also, NTOV...Any way to mitigate the leap frogging that's going to occur? If those dragons have variance its' going to be a situation of having two guilds staring at about 4 trash mobs prior to each dragon in a Mexican standoff. The trash prior to Vulak especially.

I'm thinking that any two guilds who want to go deeper into NToV should bid low kill #'s for Aaryonnar. Lowest bid goes first. If low bidder wipes the next guild is guaranteed a shot at the same numbers as the last guild +1. Winner gets one of several potential rewards. Perhaps a draft where they pick first loser picks second etc. Or maybe winner gets X number of hours uncontested on several targets they can reserve.

kotton05
03-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Low bid would be cool and create competition amongst slots in the groups

Frieza_Prexus
03-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Low bid would be cool and create competition amongst slots in the groups

All buffs must come from within the low-bid group. Would get pretty intense.

Pheer
03-03-2014, 03:44 PM
More importantly is variance going to be in on NToV mobs, aka are we going to see a couple NToV dragons up, go to kill them then get our shit pushed in because aary decided to pop in the middle of the fight

Frieza_Prexus
03-03-2014, 03:50 PM
I'm thinking NToV should be tied to Vulak popping?

Pringles
03-03-2014, 04:23 PM
TOV is going to be such a cluster.....

HeallunRumblebelly
03-03-2014, 04:54 PM
More importantly is variance going to be in on NToV mobs, aka are we going to see a couple NToV dragons up, go to kill them then get our shit pushed in because aary decided to pop in the middle of the fight

Or worse, have an hour long trash clear to kill Koiken, lol.

Daldaen
03-03-2014, 05:09 PM
What about Statue / AoW? Is there already some rule in place for chain-spawn mobs giving the mob to kill statue a window of time to attempt AoW?

Also will everything be the same 3-class rotation or just a total FFA-fest.

If the former are mobs like Lodizal (lol no) or Vindicator (more reasonable but still 12hr respawn) going to be rotated? I'd guess outdoor dragons like Kelorek / Wuoshi, Vindicator, Velketor, Zlandicar, Dozekar would all be in the realm of "most Class R guilds on the server could handle after a month or two". While Tunare, Sontalak, Yelinak, KT, AoW, NToV really only some 50+ toon Zerg forces will be able to handle from the get go, most others needing new spells and gear before taking them out.

triad
03-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Or worse, have an hour long trash clear to kill Koiken, lol.

god forbid it takes more then 30 sec to kill a dragon