PDA

View Full Version : Kael, Pathing Horrid

baramur
03-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Mobs warp through walls when aggrod, pets run off to god knows where, aggros like half the zone trying to clear and move around.

Rogean
03-03-2014, 01:00 PM
We are aware of this. The Kael pathing is still being worked on and none of the changes have been implemented yet. We are expecting both a fully new path file from Alunova, as well as improvements in the code from Haynar to help with the size of the mobs.

It may be a week or two before we see these changes implemented.

nilbog
03-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Yep, there was a stock kael and necropolis file that went in for beta, and that's what you're seeing.

Removing them for next patch, until we build from scratch.

Haynar
03-04-2014, 09:51 AM
I am probably going to need to make additional changes to the pathing system to add some sort of dynamic mob size based checks. Its a good thing I have been digging in that code a lot. It will get fixed soon.

H

nilbog
03-04-2014, 06:06 PM
Alunova just finished the .path for Kael. Don't even worry about reporting till after next update.

Ele
03-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Is the new pathing in yet?

Arena needs some fixing. You can keep the entire Arena occupied running up and down the stairs (presumably trying to go all the way around to the doors) by moving back and forth slightly in the middle of the arena.

http://youtu.be/gU2ae-Ppy_o

Handull
03-09-2014, 12:20 AM
Not exactly pathing, but I just noticed that coming into Kael from WL there are a series of white boulders along the path. Standing on these rocks blocks you from Line of Sight casting, as do a lot of the little ridges on the floor, and they also block mobs from Line of Sight agro-ing, so a see invis KoS mob can walk right by you if you are on one of the big rocks.