PDA

View Full Version : Velious Beta

Rogean
03-02-2014, 11:31 PM
The Velious Beta server is now live.

You can not create characters on the server. Instead, they must be copied from one of the live servers by using the /beta command.

There are no boxing or IP limitations on the beta server, you may box if you'd like.

OOC is Global.

As usual please work with your fellow players to determine what is a bug and what isn't. Please help us by researching as much as possible to help us fix the problems.

Currently, most raid mobs are disabled, and three zones are locked: Temple of Veeshan, Sleepers, and Plane of Mischief.

There is a specific section of the forums for Velious beta feedback, please utilize the correct subforum.

Thanks.

SirAlvarex
03-02-2014, 11:35 PM
!!!!

Laugher
03-02-2014, 11:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/apdwG58.jpg

dethbringre
03-03-2014, 12:46 AM
Gonna get server first
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4009 !

Estolcles
03-03-2014, 02:36 AM
What's the Beta command though?

Tecmos Deception
03-03-2014, 07:23 AM
What's the Beta command though?

/beta :)

Ldarax
03-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Would it be possible to activate the /betabuff command so we who have not been that long on P99 could help test it too?

Thanks in advance.

Tecmos Deception
03-03-2014, 08:26 AM
What level are you Ldarax? Lots needs testing besides level 60 stuff!

Ldarax
03-03-2014, 08:58 AM
lvl 17 so little low for Velious, but a buff to level 35 or 40 would be ok for testing iceclad and EW content, charname Brosk

Bones
03-03-2014, 10:53 AM
http://abload.de/img/1379592731332juiek.gif

Rogean
03-03-2014, 11:07 AM
There will be some NPC's at the NRo docks soon to help with various things, such as porting, useful clickies (Rez, buffs, etc), and possibly level increases.

Calabee
03-03-2014, 11:07 AM
how about teleporters and corpse recovery tools like kunark beta had....

nm just saw rogean's latest post. Yea wasting a whole lot of time running around

Juhstin
03-03-2014, 11:19 AM
So excited!

odiecat99
03-03-2014, 03:37 PM
u a weird dude bro

Rogean
03-03-2014, 06:37 PM
The velious beta is a sucky idea and you suck cum through a straw! Luclin FTW!

Who is this guy? I like him.

Kinda scary that he's also in massachusetts though.

baalzy
03-03-2014, 07:35 PM
Is there a list of things that the devs are looking to have tested specifically? Something we can keep up to date somewhat?

Example:
Need testing done on the following thurg armor quests:
Necromancer set
Enchanter set
Shadowknight set - Tested

or

Are faction hits correct for mobs in these zones:
List of zones where faction hits haven't been double checked already.

Are initial factions correct for these race/class/religion combos:
Ogre Warrior Rallos Zek

odiecat99
03-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Who is this guy? I like him.

Kinda scary that he's also in massachusetts though.

indeed

planeofdreams
03-03-2014, 08:37 PM
Is there a list of things that the devs are looking to have tested specifically? Something we can keep up to date somewhat?

Some kind of direction like this would help those of us who never experienced the content on live, but who still want to help. I wouldn't know where to begin otherwise.

Ldarax
03-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Can you remove the component needed to use the summoncorpse staff on the beta merchant or add some Jade inlaid coffins to the merchant please, it is not that usefull in its current form.

Raden
03-04-2014, 09:46 AM
There will be some NPC's at the NRo docks soon to help with various things, such as porting, useful clickies (Rez, buffs, etc), and possibly level increases.

Thanks for this, it's been a huge help in testing. I noticed the shaman spell cannibalize 4 didn't make it to the vendor, not sure if that is intentional or not.

Thanks again.

Rhambuk
03-04-2014, 12:24 PM
and possibly level increases.

This would be great as i sold my account years ago and leveling extremely casually.

If level limits on beta aren't allowed is there a way I can borrow someone elses toon to do beta?

Brut
03-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Moreso would be good for testing purposes if factioning was made easier (ie. just amp the faction hits up like 20x per mob/quest of what it is now), plans to try out questing slowed tons by the days of frost giant slaying that needs to happen.

kank
03-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Moreso would be good for testing purposes if factioning was made easier (ie. just amp the faction hits up like 20x per mob/quest of what it is now), plans to try out questing slowed tons by the days of frost giant slaying that needs to happen.

Indeed.

Vilkata
03-04-2014, 03:32 PM
just did the beta command on a live server toon, how do I get it to the beta server?

Ele
03-04-2014, 03:35 PM
just did the beta command on a live server toon, how do I get it to the beta server?

After you /beta twice on live, start up EQ and at server select scroll down to Preferred Servers and select P99 Velious Beta.

baalzy
03-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Make sure you wait until you get a confirmation back stating your character was copied.

Vilkata
03-04-2014, 03:40 PM
lol just logged out

Vilkata
03-04-2014, 03:56 PM
how long did you guys have to wait till you get the message saying the toon was copied?

Honest
03-04-2014, 03:58 PM
10-15 minutes

Seltius
03-04-2014, 11:27 PM
Can you copy more than 1 character on a single account?

Thulack
03-05-2014, 12:52 AM
Can you copy more than 1 character on a single account?

Yes. Just log onto each one and type /beta twice.

LethClaypool
03-05-2014, 02:02 AM
I'll think of a list of stuff to check out/test while I'm at work tomorrow then get on it.

Velious was my favorite xpac.

Sirken
03-05-2014, 04:25 PM
thanks to everyone thats logged in and tested things so far, we really do appreciate it. please use the /beta command and check it out if you havent done so yet. the more help we get, the faster Velious goes live.

<3
Sirks

Rhambuk
03-05-2014, 04:50 PM
thanks to everyone thats logged in and tested things so far, we really do appreciate it. please use the /beta command and check it out if you havent done so yet. the more help we get, the faster Velious goes live.

<3
Sirks

give me an account with a character high enough to play around with, or boost my level please!

Rhambuk
03-05-2014, 04:50 PM
actually i might have access to an account...

hopefully he has more than just an enchanter on it

Thulack
03-05-2014, 08:13 PM
give me an account with a character high enough to play around with, or boost my level please!

How do you not have a toon that is 35+? you spend all your life Forumquesting?

Rhambuk
03-05-2014, 10:47 PM
I have had several, sold my accounts in the past. Really just taking my time leveling since i'm in no hurry because no reason.

I do forumquest a lot though ;p

Ldarax
03-06-2014, 07:21 AM
How do you not have a toon that is 35+? you spend all your life Forumquesting?

Some people have not played on P99 for years so your argument is kind of off.

I have just been here for some weeks.

NM he had been here longer, sorry. But i would still like to help!

Thulack
03-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Some people have not played on P99 for years so your argument is kind of off.

I have just been here for some weeks.

NM he had been here longer, sorry. But i would still like to help!

i wouldnt have said that to some random Person. I know Rham has been around awhile and knew that he had higher level toons i just didnt realize he had sold ALL of them lol.

Kaleadar
03-06-2014, 12:43 PM
iv been here longer then Rham but I dont have a toon over lvl 34 LOL. Im kinda in the same boat as him when it comes to our origanal toons.

I can test out snow cougars!

Telin
03-06-2014, 01:02 PM
I loved kiting snow cougars until 39. Although they are hard to see when it's snowing!

Wrench
03-06-2014, 03:38 PM
i wouldnt have said that to some random Person. I know Rham has been around awhile and knew that he had higher level toons i just didnt realize he had sold ALL of them lol.

if you play musical chairs, sometimes your left without a chair when the music stops

Rhambuk
03-06-2014, 05:27 PM
haha yeah ive been around, screwed around, left, back, sold, bought, left, cameback blahblahblah.

my history of the server, for the handful of people that might have any sort of interest.

started with rosalyn, druid, switched to kinamur, ranger, started rham, ogre sham, got him to 50+, made a rogue loralai married to crampers!, got her to 50+. This was when account sales were starting to get popular and for laughs i posted what my account was just to see what people would pay.

I think i sold out at something like 800k, back before people had millions, bought ogre war named zugsmash for ooooh about 2 weeks, sold him off because i just stood around ec all day. bought gnome necro jaspian, leveled him for a little while got bored of necro and sold off account, bought a female iksar shaman played for a few weeks got bored and sold off.

gave a lot away screwed off for a bit but didn't buy another account, when i started back up they had banned account sales so it was a fresh start sometime last november but at least had some play money.

been playing the wiz for a while now mainly because i forumquest a lot and tabbing over killing a mob then back to forums for 5-10 worked pretty well but I don't care for soloing so after abotu 30 minutes i pick up my vita or start a movie and forget that im windowed out just sitting in game for hours. I get maybe 5-10% exp a day and glad i decided against troll sk or it would be like 2-3% exp a day.

aaaanyway im sure no one cares but these days im just super casual, forumquest, and know maybe 5 people in game that knew rhambuk.

if you play musical chairs, sometimes your left without a chair when the music stops

lol so true

Auvdar
03-07-2014, 11:34 PM
haha yeah ive been around, screwed around, left, back, sold, bought, left, cameback blahblahblah.

my history of the server, for the handful of people that might have any sort of interest.

started with rosalyn, druid, switched to kinamur, ranger, started rham, ogre sham, got him to 50+, made a rogue loralai married to crampers!, got her to 50+. This was when account sales were starting to get popular and for laughs i posted what my account was just to see what people would pay.

I think i sold out at something like 800k, back before people had millions, bought ogre war named zugsmash for ooooh about 2 weeks, sold him off because i just stood around ec all day. bought gnome necro jaspian, leveled him for a little while got bored of necro and sold off account, bought a female iksar shaman played for a few weeks got bored and sold off.

gave a lot away screwed off for a bit but didn't buy another account, when i started back up they had banned account sales so it was a fresh start sometime last november but at least had some play money.

been playing the wiz for a while now mainly because i forumquest a lot and tabbing over killing a mob then back to forums for 5-10 worked pretty well but I don't care for soloing so after abotu 30 minutes i pick up my vita or start a movie and forget that im windowed out just sitting in game for hours. I get maybe 5-10% exp a day and glad i decided against troll sk or it would be like 2-3% exp a day.

aaaanyway im sure no one cares but these days im just super casual, forumquest, and know maybe 5 people in game that knew rhambuk.

lol so true

As one of the few who knows Rhambuk (and your others :P ), you are still my minion! Come jump on beta, I'm playing there (well, I was. Playing SP: Stick of Truth. But once I'm done I'm coming back to Beta + my FFXIV: ARR time).

Auvdar
03-07-2014, 11:35 PM
Also <3 Rhambuk. You are one of the older and fav. AFC members :)

Rhambuk
03-08-2014, 12:29 AM
haha thanks auv, in the process of getting a toon over ill look you up!

Malice_Mizer
03-08-2014, 04:46 PM
The Velious Beta server is now live.

http://i.imgur.com/akrcjBi.gif

Humerox
03-10-2014, 11:44 PM

lol so true

or maybe 6. :)

I went red a long time ago tho...quit for a long time, then came back a month or so ago. Good to see you still play, bro.

Rhambuk
03-11-2014, 09:57 AM
no.

I just like most classes and bounce between whatever mood im in

Faerie
03-11-2014, 01:11 PM
:(

Auun
03-11-2014, 06:08 PM
Great - how do you use the /beta command please?Ahh OK found it thanks

khanable
03-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Would it at all be possible to trouble the powers that be to add an items sub forum for velious beta testing? There isn't an actual place to put issues with items, really.

Also all the captions say kunark

you guys so lazy

pharmakos
03-16-2014, 01:25 PM
barely ever anyone on the beta serer

should we incentivize people somehow?

khanable
03-16-2014, 02:02 PM

Guises to the top 3 legit bug finders

Deleted characters to the top 3 non legit bug finders

Juhstin
03-17-2014, 08:37 AM
Guises to the top 3 legit bug finders

Deleted characters to the top 3 non legit bug finders

I'm okay with the first suggestion.

Keriath
03-17-2014, 05:56 PM
Will keep an eye out for when/if /betabuffs become available. I don't think I would be much help in the teen levels. =)

Ele
03-18-2014, 12:37 PM

All these people crying for and about Velious. When it is freely available and all the camps are open 5 people boxing show up to bring the population to 12.

SMH

Alarti0001
03-18-2014, 12:55 PM

Should just make a goals post. GM's don't seem to have an interest so does anyone want to make a BETA testing goals post?

I.E.
Week of Mar 16th
Goals: PoG Pathing, Quests, Mob encounters, Drop rates, etc.
Week of Mar 23rd
Goals: Skyshrine Pathing, Blah, Yadda, Yadda, etc.

OBV would be better if a Dev with the knowledge of what needed the most help would provide input.

pharmakos
03-18-2014, 12:56 PM
such a long faction grind in velious, just to have to do it all over again when it launches live

idk if i have the energy to do it twice

khanable
03-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Should just make a goals post. GM's don't seem to have an interest so does anyone want to make a BETA testing goals post?

I.E.
Week of Mar 16th
Week of Mar 23rd

OBV would be better if a Dev with the knowledge of what needed the most help would provide input.

I'd partake in this

Lamil
03-18-2014, 05:21 PM
Pretty sure we have asked for this a few times. Guess Alarti's idea would be best to get things moving along

Ele
03-18-2014, 06:08 PM
Get to it people

Weeks 1-2:
Thurgadin
-Goals: Pathing, Vendors, Quests, Tradeskills, Itemization, NPC placement
The Great Divide
-Goals: Pathing, Quests, Itemization, NPC placement
Iceclad Ocean
-Goals: Pathing, Vendors, Quests, Itemization, NPC placement
Icewell Keep

Week 3-4:
Kael Drakkal
Eastern Wastes
Wakening Land
-Goals: Pathing, Vendors, Quests, Itemization, NPC placement

Week 5-6:
Skyshrine
Cobalt Scar
Siren's Grotto
Western Wastes

Week 7-8:
Crystal Caverns
Dragon Necropolis
Tower of Frozen Shadow
Velketor's Labyrinth

Future:
Boss Mob tuning
Sleeper's Tomb
Temple of Veeshan

Schortt
03-18-2014, 07:58 PM
A schedule is great but what we need even more is a checklist. Lots of people, myself included, have tested tons of quests/mobs/etc. that have worked just fine, but since no one else knows about them, people are trying them out again anyway.

For instance, I have tested almost every single available Kael quest and most of them work just fine. There's nothing wrong with having multiple people try out the same quest or kill the same mob, but it's best if we get at least one person to try EVERYTHING before we have 10 people all do the same stuff.

I'd really like to see a thread where people can post what HAS worked in some sort of easy to read format so that other testers can better focus their energies on what hasn't been checked out yet.

On a separate note, if there are guilds or groups of players out there who want to test things like Growth, Skyshrine, Velks, Kael, Icewell, DN, SG, or lower level groups who would like to test CC, TOFS, or whatever, I am more than happy to help. I can summon your pals to your raid/group, 100% rez your dead folks, and bring mobs to you if they're inconveniently far away. I've mostly been helping the Kael giant killing parties and a few other crazies who are also spending 90+% of their playtime on beta, but I'd be glad to do whatever. Shoot me a PM or just look me up on Bugen on the beta server.

Daldaen
03-19-2014, 09:07 AM
We could use a beta patch.

Including the gnome NPCs in Thurgadin.
Also add 3 NPCs to max Ally in each faction type so quests can be tested without grinding faction on beta.

And fixing all the bugs that have been posted?

Halius
03-19-2014, 06:37 PM
I would be more then happy to assist in my free time if there were an NPC to level my character. Can't really do much at level 16. I'm only a casual player but I would love to help out if I could. I played a lot of Velious back in the day when it was first released.

Laugher
03-22-2014, 09:16 AM

I.E.
Week of Mar 16th
Week of Mar 23rd

This sounds like a pretty good idea. Not sure about incentives but I do have a level 41 and 55 toon that could be used to test, I would say my top two reasons for not testing so far are:

a. time
b. wouldn't know what to test/look for besides regular bugs- I know what it looks like when a quest dialogue doesn't work properly, have ran my own server for <2 months/written quests lol, but I think this more has to do with a lack of agenda/pop vs not knowing what to look for.

Sorry, I haven't kept up with this thread or much of beta til this morning, but if a list of things or a scheduled zone content test put into place I'd be willing to help with that; it would insure that at least some of the people on the server would be in the same places at possibly the same times.

Rhambuk
03-28-2014, 09:34 PM
Most likely not but is there cross server chat?

just beta to p99 live? would make a big difference imo

Fountree
03-28-2014, 11:12 PM
There is cross server chat from beta>live

Bulcan
05-20-2014, 04:06 AM
to attract more people to Beta, give out some rewards... I've seen that thing work on some other servers

Kegir
05-21-2014, 08:09 PM
to attract more people to Beta, give out some rewards... I've seen that thing work on some other servers

The reward is velious.

Auvdar
05-21-2014, 08:10 PM
The reward is velious.

This

blondeattk
05-22-2014, 01:00 AM
There is cross server chat from beta>live

with /tell or some special command?

Tecmos Deception
05-22-2014, 06:41 AM
/tell beta.[character name] probably

Gaffin 7.0
05-23-2014, 12:26 AM
should really be a instant lvl 60 npc, i understand you guys want people to lvl and test content but at the same time it would probably gain more interest this way. couple other things as well could make it more fun

Lazie
05-23-2014, 01:13 AM
should really be a instant lvl 60 npc, i understand you guys want people to lvl and test content but at the same time it would probably gain more interest this way. couple other things as well could make it more fun

There...is...Beta..Buff..

blondeattk
05-23-2014, 05:24 AM
/tell beta.[character name] probably

just like some crappy pop band called one direction, I have no interest in this.

from beta>live

is where its at man :P

Gaffin 7.0
05-23-2014, 07:53 AM
There...is...Beta..Buff..

news to me havent tried to play it on a long time

Wrench
05-23-2014, 03:45 PM

i completely agree

they should also do things like remove the compass and targeting rings

i think these things really detract from making p99 feel like the classic experience

Gaffin 7.0
06-06-2014, 02:23 PM
About to log on this and try it for a bit anyone else want to mess around duo or group?

Check12345
08-22-2014, 11:15 PM
For what it's worth, I can be a Plane of Mischief test pilot if you need one.

I was there for live in 2001 and ahead, again in EQMAC (which was post nerf, nerf, nerf, but still made armor).

Mobs that were removed (Twenty Two, etc), puppets script, weird warp spots (chest rooms), all that stuff I still remember.

For some reason, I will never forget some of the intricacies of that peculiar zone if you are looking to retain the authenticity of such an -authentic- zone.

/beta will get me to Velious, but I always needed a shiny brass idol and enough lucky dice rolls to make it past Dagarn to get any non-da casting character in.

Just offering...

nilbog
08-23-2014, 08:53 AM
For what it's worth, I can be a Plane of Mischief test pilot if you need one.

I was there for live in 2001 and ahead, again in EQMAC (which was post nerf, nerf, nerf, but still made armor).

Mobs that were removed (Twenty Two, etc), puppets script, weird warp spots (chest rooms), all that stuff I still remember.

For some reason, I will never forget some of the intricacies of that peculiar zone if you are looking to retain the authenticity of such an -authentic- zone.

Next beta patch may/should include mischiefplane. We're almost done in there, and it should be close. It would help to have a full audit by knowledgeable explorers such as yourself.

/beta will get me to Velious, but I always needed a shiny brass idol and enough lucky dice rolls to make it past Dagarn to get any non-da casting character in.You will likely be able to say 'mischiefplane' to the beta testing npc and you can be ported to mischief entrance.

Check12345
08-23-2014, 01:10 PM
Next beta patch may/should include mischiefplane. We're almost done in there, and it should be close. It would help to have a full audit by knowledgeable explorers such as yourself.

You will likely be able to say 'mischiefplane' to the beta testing npc and you can be ported to mischief entrance.

Sweet! Can't wait to get back in there.

Thanks!

wycca
08-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Which version of mischief will you be putting in? I've documented about 3 major changes pre-Luclin, so am sorta curious what I should be comparing it to.

Alunova
08-23-2014, 07:27 PM
Which version of mischief will you be putting in? I've documented about 3 major changes pre-Luclin, so am sorta curious what I should be comparing it to.

Current version is shortly after Velious release with grumpy trees and non-soloable Bristlebane.

JayN
08-23-2014, 07:30 PM
Current version is shortly after Velious release with grumpy trees and non-soloable Bristlebane.

oooo this is sounding very good!

wycca
08-26-2014, 10:04 AM

Cool. Was sorta hoping for the initial version, but that one isn't too bad - it's also a bit better documented and it prolly saves you guys alot of time creating more versions. That should mean about 2 major versions will ever end up on p99, altho I'd be really really really happy if you didn't put in the final version with majorly nerfed drop rates and no 22.

Xorekle
08-27-2014, 08:26 AM
I don't think there's many people who went to the original version of PoM :) I did, but I didn't even get very far in it. I was still too young! We had made it there, but our guild wasn't ready.

Vidrata
08-28-2014, 02:06 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6400&page=9

Any chance of tossing in a fix for this quest series?

Sapphiay
08-30-2014, 02:41 PM
If you mind to let my guild at red Nihilum come back please. It's no fun any longer to read something about velious.

Ele
08-30-2014, 04:00 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6400&page=9

Any chance of tossing in a fix for this quest series?

It will be fixed when it is time, but the zones required for the symbol aren't available on the beta server anyway.

Mattdog32
10-05-2014, 05:38 AM
ETA?

pharmakos
10-05-2014, 10:59 AM
tomorrow dude

solrokk
11-11-2014, 12:42 AM
The Velious Teleports and Bind NPC currently does not allow port to mischief, I've tried multiple combinations. Any chance to get this in as soon as possible? I'm eager to test the zone.

Nitsude
11-11-2014, 01:05 AM
mischiefplane works

Derubael
11-11-2014, 12:57 PM
mischiefplane works

pras

Nirgon
11-11-2014, 02:31 PM
pras

Almost everything in there was droppable for a very long time (took people a while to get in there and figure out all the quests, it got fixed)

Not sure how I'd feel about that going in!

cyryllis
11-12-2014, 04:28 AM
at least cards are always droppable

Malevz
11-12-2014, 03:52 PM
I don't think there's many people who went to the original version of PoM :) I did, but I didn't even get very far in it. I was still too young! We had made it there, but our guild wasn't ready.

This is true. Although what I remember from Vallon the people that did go never seemed to leave!

Aethor
11-29-2014, 12:32 AM
k so, i didnt read the forums before the server went down.. is there any way to /beta and get my char.. or have i missed that bus?

Deadlyfury
11-29-2014, 05:16 AM
k so, i didnt read the forums before the server went down.. is there any way to /beta and get my char.. or have i missed that bus?

This will initiate the beta copy, then log out and log into beta server

thetosh
11-29-2014, 12:07 PM
I can't seem to get in, even though it shows 10 people online. I did /beta the other day and a bunch of stuff popped up in red [BetaCopy] warning this that, and the other thing. I am clicking on the Project 1999 (1): ** MANDATORY BETA CHARCOPY ONLY ** option and I immediately get disconnected.

Am I too early or did I not do something correct?

thetosh
11-29-2014, 12:10 PM
Nevermind, apparently it is the (3) copy in the next level down that doesn't say MANDATORY BETA CHARCOPY ONLY.

djf1084
12-01-2014, 08:55 PM
I logged into Beta and first thing I noticed was display is incredibly dark even with gamma turned up to 100.

Firebaugh
12-04-2014, 04:26 PM
Unplayable, too dark to see a thing and my level 2 Monk Slarta Iksar got changed to a human female monk, I don't know why the race got changed and I don't know if it is because humans do not have infra vision etc.. But it is too dark with gamma cranked to play, can't see monsters on the snow much less any cave at all.

karsten
12-04-2014, 04:57 PM
download the latest files again, reinstall them, gamma will be fixed bros

Thundaru
12-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Is there anything in particular you want us to watch out for while playing? Aside from the occasional glitch and junk I mean. :)