PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Level req for painbringer

Bigcountry23
12-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Classically there was no level req for the AoE for Painbringer or the Haste for Executioners Axe.

http://web.archive.org/web/20000615213908/everquest.allakhazam.com/equipment/1HSlash.htm

http://web.archive.org/web/20000619184427/everquest.allakhazam.com/equipment/2HSlash.htm

You can see other weapons have the level requirement (such as Ebony Bladed Sword: Damage 7, Delay 24, Weight 2. Effect of Ensnaring Roots (after level 25) and Gnoll Hide Lariat: Damage 3, Delay 20, AC 3. Effect of Stun [at level 25]).

Will see if i can find patch notes.

nilbog
04-13-2010, 04:28 AM
Bump. Discuss.

Other weapons? Ghoulbane, Dark Reaver.. what level were these things?

Danth
04-13-2010, 08:03 AM
Ghoulbane always began to proc at level 20. Keep in mind the item descriptions on that old site were reliant on whoever uploaded the item; as such they're not always consistent in terms of format.

Danth

Mordachai
04-13-2010, 09:06 AM
I can confirm that the painbringer had no level min as I created a level DE warrior for the sole purpose of running up to sol b and looting one that was rotting just to see if i could do it, and it did proc for me.

mreynert
04-14-2010, 02:43 PM
I definitely don't remember GB proccing before 20. As to the dark reaver, I seem to remember it proccing earlier than listed, but I could be wrong.

nilbog
04-28-2010, 01:28 AM
Pending update:

painbringer will have its level requirement for proc removed.

nilbog
05-01-2010, 11:36 PM
any others?

Puyen
10-09-2010, 03:40 PM
I believe the executioners axe did not have requirement but if it did it was much lower level. I think shortly after kunark it was raised.

Serrated bone dirk Proc was lvl 18 originally I believe. I also remember them selling for much more because at lower level the Proc was awesome scape goat for a rogue.

Mith 2 hander also no requirement not even sure if it does currently though hah

There is obviously a short database out there as far as original eq goes. The websites from then are all gone. I can't prove this information yet

nilbog
08-11-2011, 10:04 AM
bump.

Lazortag
08-11-2011, 01:05 PM
I know for a fact that Dark Reaver had a level requirement, because I never got to use the proc. The highest I got my SK on Live was level 27 so the minimum level is higher than 27, that's all I know.

Brinkman
08-11-2011, 03:01 PM
any others?

There are actually quite a few, proof is the issue, and remembering them all.

There was a huge item nerf in the PoP/LDoN era of 100's, yes hundreds of items that had no restriction, or very low lvl restrictions and were changed to higher lvls. Kunark and velious weapons were affected the most.

I can recall the venomous axe of the velium brood to be one of those nerfed.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6285

Obviously not out yet, but something to address for the future. It should always proc at lvl 1 on p99.

Your major problem will be Velious procs, as there were more proc changes to Velious era weapons than Original and Kunark combined.

I will however try to remember some kunark and prior weapon procs and post them here when I can.

kalzin
08-19-2011, 10:26 PM
actually the item count you were referring to was set just after velious, however when they revamped the UI and allowed levels to be shown they decided to either 1.) enforce level procing... or 2.) leave the players in the dark... for easier beta testing in the future (beyond SoL) they changed the coding to 1.) allow users to see levels of item's spell 2.) incorporate recommended and required levels 3.) enforce strict spell level requirements across the board (with a few exceptions). these were done in stages to lessen the impact they would have on others.

Wave 1: Velious patch (#2125) - (was executed to live) - code ran:
Set Var "IERec"="True" if "IEra">"3"&"GERecEx"="False"; Else "False"
Set Var "IERec"="True" if "IEra"="3"&"GERecEx"="False"; Else "False"

Wave 2: (last one i can see unfortunately they coded it right before SoL, when the new DB came up. I can't see any of that stuff...) Velious patch (#2842) - (was executed to live) - code ran:
Set Var "IERec"="True" if "IEra">"0"&"GERecEx"="False"; Else "False"
Set Var "IERec"="True" if "IEra"="0"&"GERecEx"="False"; Else "False"

New fields added after first patch of Kunark to WGS console:
IERec:
GERecEx:
ILvlRec:
GILRecEx:
New Command Switches added:
"-SC" Show commented items (for changed items in the database)

"-F" We decided to remind everyone that if you get an error and it doesn't display what you were looking for you can use -F after your search params to "force" it to try to give you something... even if its garbled info.

"-Ref" This allows our debuggers and beta-testers the ability to see referenced items to a search, use this to retain your session after you perform a search that you may wish to check additional items with.
IE: itemID=GBL (#IEffect-(*worn*) will return certain number of items, usually too many to display and will error out. Using the new -ref command.
itemID=GBL (#IEffect-(*worn*) -ref
1812 Matches
Please filter your references further.
>(IEra=2&itemName=*Gloves*
Returns all kunark era gloves(second filter) with a worn effect(your first search).