PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a week long PVP event on blue

tristantio
02-28-2014, 02:14 PM
Last night goofing around in arena and making a level 1 PVP flagged toon to duke it out with a few others at the EC tunnel, I had the idea of expanding on something similar to set up an event as follows:

Everyone makes a new character named pvpaYourName (ensures new rerolls)
Everyone flags as PVP/Discord (maybe has someone at similar spawn point verify)
In a week (or day?) the last character of those registered standing alive at EC tunnel gets a prize

Over leveling would be a hinderance as well as a help, due to the PVP level range (if one guy got PLed to level 40 and couldn't PK anyone, he wouldnt' be able to be the sole last one standing and would have to split the prize etc.).

What size prize would be necessary to get you to participate in a similar event? 1k? 10k? A fungi? etc.

Does it sound fun or lame?

Brut
02-28-2014, 02:30 PM
Turning in your book removes any level limits in pvp methinks, some 60s would form full group of career douchebaggery to ensure no one has fun if they have means to ruin it.

Also bard would win.

tristantio
02-28-2014, 02:31 PM
Well, that would incite other high levels to also turn in and kill them back I'd think (and the priest of order quest to un-pvp isn't super simple is it?)

Swish
02-28-2014, 02:45 PM
Turning in your book removes any level limits in pvp methinks, some 60s would form full group of career douchebaggery to ensure no one has fun if they have means to ruin it.

Sad but true.

Ages back I turned my book in and roleplayed a tunnel speeding cop who would try and fine Norrathians 1pp for running through "my" tunnel. Make them walk around etc... while promoting health and safety, giving statistics for fatalities in the last calendar month due to overloaded mules falling on their faces while trying to run etc.

All in all it always ended up in some douchebag loading a nuke or backstabbing. Tried again without handing the book in but the magic was gone :p

Brut
02-28-2014, 02:47 PM
It'd have to be GM mandated to ensure that the whole Discord aspect works, and with the no-limits pvp there's heaps too many ways people can ruin it or cheese it imo. Priest of Order quest is prty simple, you just talk to the priest in Qeynos. The hard part is reaching Qeynos, the city even the firepots forgot.

Don't get me wrong btw, am loved the brief run of a Discord pvp server that Secrets rolled year or two back. Idea is cool but it's way too difficuult to implement methinks.

Thulack
02-28-2014, 04:06 PM
Well, that would incite other high levels to also turn in and kill them back I'd think (and the priest of order quest to un-pvp isn't super simple is it?)

Gotta understand a good portion of the people that play on Blue do so because they don't care for PvPing in EQ. Trying to find ways for people to PvP on a server that most people dont have any wish to is kinda pointless. If you wanted to Do your little PvP battles then make toons on Red and do this.

tristantio
02-28-2014, 05:10 PM
My concern wasn't really "real" pvp (I didn't realize there was no limit on discord PVP), just an attempt at thinking up a fun diversion.