PDA

View Full Version : Wiz quad spots after 29

Macc
02-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Just asking the community their favorite places to quad kite as a wizard leveling up. I am not setting any parameters as far fastest exp or most money.

I just started a wizard and am almost to 29 and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Juhstin
02-28-2014, 12:45 PM
If you do not care about factions, I can't echo this enough but the guards in Misty Thicket are perfect. They're perfect xp and I forget the exact level you can start maybe low 30s but they're all grouped together already at the wall entrance and you can grab more at the end of each wall in the tower and on top of wall along with the 2 at the entrance to Rivervale.

You don't care about money portion but money is great for the spears and shield drops. You can sell to gypsies in Karanas and gate back to misty. You can also bank in Rivervale still, just gotta invis to the banker and stand behind him.

Darkyle
02-28-2014, 12:45 PM
I didn't quad mostly till level 34, at which point the pirates along Firiona Vie were great exp and didnt take more than 60-70% of my mana to quad down ( semi twinked ).. these are great up until level 38/39 and then you can switch to drolvargs which lasted my druid till 44ish.

44+ Yeti caves in DL are great then probably transition into Bloodgills in LOIO when they start to con out.

Aborath
03-01-2014, 05:53 AM
I didn't quad mostly till level 34, at which point the pirates along Firiona Vie were great exp and didnt take more than 60-70% of my mana to quad down ( semi twinked ).. these are great up until level 38/39 and then you can switch to drolvargs which lasted my druid till 44ish.

44+ Yeti caves in DL are great then probably transition into Bloodgills in LOIO when they start to con out.

Pirates are good. I quadded them until 38-40, then moved to drovlargs (same spot). Be careful if you try pirates; they have low HP because they are rogues, and they will backstab you to hell. Once you hit 48, go Spirocs (in TD) or go home.

Macc
03-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Anyone have any experience quadding rathe mountains giants? I was thinking this at 39.

Vallanor
03-02-2014, 04:39 PM
They have a ton of hit points for their level so it wouldn't be a very efficient way to level assuming you've even got an adequate mana pool at 39 to get the job done. That said I'd love for you to try it and report back!

Aborath
03-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Where do people go after Spirocs; that is to say, 53+? I know that raptors are popular, but it seem to me like they'd be a bit too much of a handful (aggro radius, speed).

BarackObooma
03-05-2014, 03:44 PM
The RM HGs seem heavily camped. Unless the zone is empty (and it rarely is), you won't ever gather three or four at once.

carthorn
03-05-2014, 04:06 PM
How twinked do you need to be to quad at 29 and beyond? What kinda of mana pool should you target?

Thanks!

sox7d
03-05-2014, 04:46 PM
kelethin guards at 51 is sex money and good exp till 56-57.

Rhambuk
03-05-2014, 05:12 PM
kelethin guards at 51 is sex money and good exp till 56-57.

Great tip, im assuming you mean the lift guards? huge flat area with no wandering mobs to agro sounds awesome.

Shame for the noobs though.

Aborath
03-05-2014, 08:10 PM
How twinked do you need to be to quad at 29 and beyond? What kinda of mana pool should you target?

Thanks!

I can't remember what mana score I shot for, but as a player with perpetually no plat, I was able to put together a 200 int gear set relatively easily. The main points that you'll need to hit will be Jboots and TempFlux Staff. To save money for Jboots (6k when I bought mine, 7-8k now), I started offering ports as soon as group ports became available (100-200 plat tips aren't unheard of), in addition to leveling up tailoring to the point of being able to make Handmade Backpacks, which sell for 75pp per (at least).

carthorn
03-06-2014, 09:45 AM
I can't remember what mana score I shot for, but as a player with perpetually no plat, I was able to put together a 200 int gear set relatively easily. The main points that you'll need to hit will be Jboots and TempFlux Staff. To save money for Jboots (6k when I bought mine, 7-8k now), I started offering ports as soon as group ports became available (100-200 plat tips aren't unheard of), in addition to leveling up tailoring to the point of being able to make Handmade Backpacks, which sell for 75pp per (at least).

Thanks for the feedback :)