PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a GM event

Agatha
02-28-2014, 08:44 AM
me and a few people were thinking, we got talking how velious beta is coming, and that they may do character copies, but most likely it would be blue flagged server, not for pvp.

as the conversation progressed we started thinking about how fun it would be to take 12 of us from RED, drop us on BLUE and make everyone on blue flagged for pvp.

whoever took out our pvp squad wins some kinda prize.

Tecmos Deception
02-28-2014, 09:06 AM
How about instead, we send all of blue to red and make the whole server blue, and whichever server manages to clear the most raid content on a repop wins some kinda prize?

Rhambuk
02-28-2014, 09:10 AM
how fun it would be to take 12 of us from RED, drop us on BLUE and make everyone on blue flagged for pvp.

no fun?

people play on blue because they do not like pvp they do no want to pvp and they don't want to hear about pvp every 5 minutes.

the velious beta is to collect information about the expansion to finetune it before it gets released on Blue and Red. It's not playground...

Swish
02-28-2014, 09:29 AM
http://i.imgur.com/HuOgTxV.gif

There's been worse events I'd say... not a terrible suggestion.

Daldaen
02-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Instead... Let players on blue /redcopy and completely copy their toons over to red to PvP without having to restart.

Lets do that.

Swish
02-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Instead... Let players on blue /redcopy and completely copy their toons over to red to PvP without having to restart.

Lets do that.

Has been suggested and would help the population for sure...and an "invasion" would satisfy the need for drama while providing endless forumquest entertainment on the red boards.

How about putting red back with blue in the legends section? I've said it a few times now but you can't justify having THF on the legends server when people confess to 12-18 boxing. It's not a real population etc.

Agatha
02-28-2014, 09:42 AM
hey i think bringing everyone from blue to red for a day of simulated repops and we all pvp for them would be an excellent idea.

Seriously that would be awesome.

edit : copy red and blue characters to a 3rd server for the GM event, simulated repops, epic GM event... when its all said and done, wipe the 3rd server clean.

TWDL_Prexus
02-28-2014, 09:44 AM
How about instead, we send all of blue to red and make the whole server blue, and whichever server manages to clear the most raid content on a repop wins some kinda prize?

Red99 is already the bluest PVP server that ever existed.

Tecmos Deception
02-28-2014, 09:45 AM
hey i think bringing everyone from blue to red for a day of simulated repops and we all pvp for them would be an excellent idea.

Seriously that would be awesome.

Nope. No PvP. Your server turns blue for the repop. THAT would be awesome.

There have been worse events. Not a terrible suggestion.

quido
02-28-2014, 09:49 AM
blue to red copies/moves - OK GO

Tongpow
02-28-2014, 10:14 AM
rather see them do some of the classic gm events that afaik haven't happen like the butcherblock hammer or w/e

than some dumb shit 40 people who aren't even playing on a "Preferred" status server care about.

no mad pls

Swish
02-28-2014, 10:18 AM
There have been worse events. Not a terrible suggestion.

So mad :rolleyes:

Tecmos Deception
02-28-2014, 10:29 AM
So mad :rolleyes:

I suggested the blue equivalent of the event you guys want in hopes that you would see how ridiculous your idea sounds to 90% of blue players. But instead of realizing that, you just think I'm "so mad."

I am not at all surprised.

Seems kinda selfish imo.

What involves more selfishness? 1000+ players not wanting to test stuff that only affects 100 players, or 100 players wanting 1000 players to selflessly assist in testing things that only affect the 100? Hint: it's not a trick question.

Tongpow
02-28-2014, 10:32 AM
naw

Juhstin
02-28-2014, 10:35 AM

Lets do that.

But than the economy of red would crumble when blue copies over with their 8 manastones and 12 fungi's for each character.

Daldaen
02-28-2014, 10:38 AM
But than the economy of red would crumble when blue copies over with their 8 manastones and 12 fungi's for each character.

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1343678471769_7055769.png
But really... So?

If PvP and population is all you care about, my solution would bring both.

Swish
02-28-2014, 10:41 AM
isnt swish a blue player tho

I play both. When blue hits 1100+ there's not much fun to be had in places like KC, you're basically competing for mobs with 4-5 other pullers and I'd honestly rather be working on my red enchanter.

Does that make me "purple"? /shrug

Thought about rolling a cleric lately, I'd be better than Gaffin.

Tecmos Deception
02-28-2014, 10:43 AM
The whole "we want more pvp" thing is just bravado, Dald. If they really wanted more, they wouldn't be suggesting one-time GM PvP events... they would be begging the staff for blue copies to red.

Elderan
02-28-2014, 10:48 AM
The whole "we want more pvp" thing is just bravado, Dald. If they really wanted more, they wouldn't be suggesting one-time GM PvP events... they would be begging the staff for blue copies to red.

Far too many pitfalls of this idea..

Character transfers, naked might work.

Faerie
02-28-2014, 10:53 AM

Pull it back a little bit Tecmos; we're all friends here and there's no need for nastiness.

Blue transfers with no drop gear would be fine imo. I've always thought it would be cool to see an entire guild transfer over and contest Nihilum for top guild. Would probably be easier than competing in the top-heavy blue scene, if only because there are fewer people.

Some of us don't want blue copies, because many people would just treat it as a pointless playground. This might be less of an issue now with the pnp rules, I suppose.

Daldaen
02-28-2014, 10:55 AM
dont wanna play with us? doesn't matter to me

Then stop your redtards from posting "Not a problem on red" in every blue thread.

Swish
02-28-2014, 10:55 AM
we're all friends here and there's no need for nastiness.

Tecmos Deception
02-28-2014, 10:57 AM
I have a hard time believing you REALLY want more PvP when you guys are against the thing that would bring the most additional population and/or PvP to red.

Daldaen
02-28-2014, 10:59 AM
They just don't want their years playing on a dead server waking up at 6 AM to kill uncontested dragons for red pixels negated. Can't blame em.

But red box is dead box, and sometimes you have to make sacrifices to keep dead box alive and viable. That's where transfers come in.

Faerie
02-28-2014, 11:00 AM
I have a hard time believing you REALLY want more PvP when you guys are against the thing that would bring the most additional population and/or PvP to red.

"Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe."

-Derubael

contemptor
02-28-2014, 11:08 AM
One time copy to red, one character per IP only, would be fun. Maybe even have all gear forced no-drop as to not screw with red's economy.

Swish
02-28-2014, 11:13 AM
cmon now chewie you gotta share those lguk pixels.

Tecmos Deception
02-28-2014, 11:17 AM
ok so the people that leveled to 60 with 0 risk get 2x the toons & gear and the ones that fought off pks & zergs stay uncopied

sounds legit if the copied accts get a permenant -20 to base stats and resists on both servers

see? i can come up with awful ideas too

Let me get this straight. You suggested that because I'm not willing to spend a ton of time PVEing on red (i.e. leveling 1-60), I am "not only mad but also scared"... but you, the guy who doesn't want his PVE experience on red to feel less important even though it would mean tons more PvP would be happening, you're some kind of badass?

Lol.

Kraftwerk
02-28-2014, 11:19 AM
Chewie has achieved more than you could ever dream of. I think it's time u stop posting m8.

Tongpow
02-28-2014, 11:21 AM
"Players: 49 UP"

i'd be more worried about the plug being pulled on the server all together at this point than the economy being shat on if i played there.

Faerie
02-28-2014, 11:27 AM
Chewie is the original badass. I still have nightmares; it's no joke :(

Tecmos Deception
02-28-2014, 11:31 AM
You guys sure talk about pixels and levels a lot for being PvPers.

Twainz
02-28-2014, 11:38 AM
I've got a lot of pixels on Red. Bring it on blueberries!

Pheer
02-28-2014, 11:42 AM
as the conversation progressed we started thinking about how fun it would be to take 12 of us from RED, drop us on BLUE and make everyone on blue flagged for pvp.

you guys would get destroyed and corpse camped by 30 bluebies in less than an hour if that happened

your best bet would be to run in different directions and hide like escaped convicts

Bodybagger
02-28-2014, 11:48 AM
you guys would get destroyed and corpse camped by 30 bluebies in less than an hour if that happened

your best bet would be to run in different directions and hide like escaped convicts

Chewie would probably solo 30 blueberries. He isnt a mob, it isnt pve. You dont just cluck auto attack and watch him die. All your melees would get crushed. The pras FoH/chewie chat would lag your server out.

This thead is stupid. I have personally been wondering why pvp isnt implemented on blue though, with the same ffa zones, where even blue players arent safe, to me thatd be great... except blue is way over populated and you cant level for shit woth every newb zone on perma camp lol.

I had people leave blackburrow group on my lvl 5 barb rogue coz 2 other people entered zone and that was overcamped to them. 5 people in blackburrow on blue is a miracle, while 15+ is normal and everyone gets a fangor two amd few kills an hour lol

Still, being able to do what we do on red, on blue... seems great to me personally

Tecmos Deception
02-28-2014, 11:49 AM
no free rides
all im tryin to say

I would have thought you'd jump at the chance to spank me and my PVE gear around until I ragequit and started posts in R&F over it!

Juhstin
02-28-2014, 11:52 AM
Chewie would probably solo 30 blueberries. He isnt a mob, it isnt pve. You dont just cluck auto attack and watch him die. All your melees would get crushed. The pras FoH/chewie chat would lag your server out.

This thead is stupid. I have personally been wondering why pvp isnt implemented on blue though, with the same ffa zones, where even blue players arent safe, to me thatd be great... except blue is way over populated and you cant level for shit woth every newb zone on perma camp lol.

I had people leave blackburrow group on my lvl 5 barb rogue coz 2 other people entered zone and that was overcamped to them. 5 people in blackburrow on blue is a miracle, while 15+ is normal and everyone gets a fangor two amd few kills an hour lol

Still, being able to do what we do on red, on blue... seems great to me personally

I'd pay to watch on Twitch Chewie just HTing all of Guk on bluebie server. Shit would be so cash the amount of tears.

Pheer
02-28-2014, 11:54 AM

itt: red players that think theyre some kind of elite percentage of the community and that nobody on blue knows how to pvp

EQ pvp is easy, youre not special, and some people just prefer to enjoy an old nostalgic game without having to watch out for nerds hunting for them

Tongpow
02-28-2014, 11:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/tcdkIYs.jpg

Pheer
02-28-2014, 12:03 PM
ur talkin like prey
meanwhile im enjoying an old nostalgic game while hunting nerds

give me a 60 sk with a full pixel package and ill eat you dawg

until then too lazy to play on a 50 population server and farm for a month before i can actually do any real pvp

Faerie
02-28-2014, 12:04 PM
You guys sure talk about pixels and levels a lot for being PvPers.

We are talking about EQ, right? Pixels/levels is the name of the game.

Babizul
02-28-2014, 12:07 PM
me and a few people were thinking, we got talking how velious beta is coming, and that they may do character copies, but most likely it would be blue flagged server, not for pvp.

Is this guy literally mentally disabled?

Kraftwerk
02-28-2014, 12:08 PM
Man them bluebs demanding a 60 SK in full gear to beat lil old not even lvl 57 Chewie.

Then saying they are good at pvp

Lolz

cs616
02-28-2014, 12:25 PM
Red scared of blue transfers. Only reason why they wouldn't be on board with that. Stop pretending like your server has an economy with 50 people playing there.

Ofaelol
02-28-2014, 01:05 PM
EQ has pvp??:confused:

Holey
02-28-2014, 01:14 PM
LOL at blue transfers,
go over there get all the gear you want then come on to red
pshhhh

nilzark
02-28-2014, 01:16 PM
Not a bad idea. Would participate, if I was high enough level and had a team to compete. Should just make the red team be NPC flagged, and do not make all of blue server pvp.

cs616
02-28-2014, 02:17 PM
LOL at blue transfers,
go over there get all the gear you want then come on to red
pshhhh

Are you suggesting it is easier to level and gear out a character on blue? Doesn't red still have a ridiculous exp bonus? Blue has 15x the population red does and the raid scene is infinitely more congested. You're not very smart, are you?

People on red talk a big game as long as the playing field isn't even. I would absolutely terrorize 99% of the people on red if my bard got copied over there, but spending months leveling and gearing up another character just to harass you spergs on a dead server is something I have no intention of doing.

Red scared of blue characters: fact

Nuggets
02-28-2014, 02:47 PM
Everquest mechanics + pvp = shit

Simple as that. Can't speak for all of blue, but i love PvP. EQ is just not a good pvp game. So i kill other people in other worlds.

If you really want to pvp, Uthgard will be back up in a month. Go test your manhood there. Guaranteed to shut some Red's up (on the inside, where it counts)

http://uthgard.net/

They just wiped the server and are bringing it up again fresh, debugged.
End game, everyone wears 99% of the same gear. Equal playing ground, all situational/skill. Cant be any more inviting than that.

Gaffin 7.0
02-28-2014, 02:49 PM
you said the same thing with the 5k plat challenge agatha what happened? ya

Swish
02-28-2014, 02:51 PM
Are you suggesting it is easier to level and gear out a character on blue? Doesn't red still have a ridiculous exp bonus? Blue has 15x the population red does and the raid scene is infinitely more congested. You're not very smart, are you?

People on red talk a big game as long as the playing field isn't even. I would absolutely terrorize 99% of the people on red if my bard got copied over there, but spending months leveling and gearing up another character just to harass you spergs on a dead server is something I have no intention of doing.

Red scared of blue characters: fact

Have people naked on transferring, or with token no drop lowbie gear. Make people gear up as something to do.

Gaffin 7.0
02-28-2014, 02:52 PM
Thought about rolling a cleric lately, I'd be better than Gaffin.

keep dreamin pal

Reguiy
02-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Everquest mechanics + pvp = shit

Simple as that. Can't speak for all of blue, but i love PvP. EQ is just not a good pvp game.

Gaffin 7.0
02-28-2014, 02:57 PM
gurantee you blue players would learn to play better pve just by pvp.

Daldaen
02-28-2014, 03:05 PM
gurantee you blue players would learn to play better pve just by pvp.
Guarantee you'd be a better PvP player if you removed anon and let people know where you were to encourage more even fights.

cs616
02-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Have people naked on transferring, or with token no drop lowbie gear. Make people gear up as something to do.

Red scared of blue characters unless they're naked. You guys are so hard core.
:rolleyes:

Juhstin
02-28-2014, 03:07 PM
Guarantee you'd be a better PvP player if you removed anon and let people know where you were to encourage more even fights.

Kraftwerk
02-28-2014, 03:08 PM
Most of my guild is from Tallon Zek. I don't understand why red thinks people on blue don't know how to pvp. This isn't a skill based game, pvp isn't hard.

su

Clark
02-28-2014, 06:48 PM
http://s1.postimg.org/8tfiu9ktr/h746_B963_E.jpg