PDA

View Full Version : Currently impossible to make sow pots in cabilis

Roth
02-27-2014, 11:26 PM
the mats for a sow pot are not sold in cabilis. Apparently some vender wasn't classic, but after googling it was added before velious was out? so why isn't it in game yet? this is kind of frustrating.

Swish
02-28-2014, 12:13 AM
I remember the vendors after the changes, all lined up on a snowy area near the necro guild building...more vendors than there are currently. If you can find evidence of the patch where the changes were made, I'd post it in the bugs forum and state that it should have been in by now etc.

The only alternative is to make a L1 human and buy the ingredients in North Ro at the barbarian fishing "village" (more like hut)

Vega
02-28-2014, 12:18 AM
Haven't tried it, but can't you just make friends with a druid? Port to Feerrott, invis in to Oggok, then get wolf form? I know they'll see through diety, but you think they'd be ok with a CT wolf.

Roth
02-28-2014, 12:29 AM
Haven't tried it, but can't you just make friends with a druid? Port to Feerrott, invis in to Oggok, then get wolf form? I know they'll see through diety, but you think they'd be ok with a CT wolf.

This could be done but it's pretty impractical, imo. I mean I would need to do this every single time I want to make sow pots. It's just not worth it... I may just not take up alchemy.

Lune
02-28-2014, 12:31 AM
Seen this problem crop up on the forums from time to time. One of the devs/GM's participated in one of the threads asking for evidence of when those vendors came about. If I remember correctly, nobody could find anything conclusive.

Lots of people seem to be sure they were there, though. Hopefully we see them in Velious.

As an Iksar shaman, I do this:

make a L1 human and buy the ingredients in North Ro at the barbarian fishing "village" (more like hut)

Unferth
02-28-2014, 01:59 AM
Wow I'm glad I saw this thread. I just made an Iksar Shaman who is now gonna be a Troll lol

Wudan
02-28-2014, 03:52 AM
Wow I'm glad I saw this thread. I just made an Iksar Shaman who is now gonna be a Troll lol

You dont deserve to play Iksar if this is the reason for you to make a troll. Iksars are not for pussies

Swish
02-28-2014, 09:36 AM
We'll definitely see them in Velious... it was around then that I had an iksar shaman and made all the pots I needed in Cabilis.

Unferth
03-03-2014, 08:12 PM
You dont deserve to play Iksar if this is the reason for you to make a troll. Iksars are not for pussies

Oh please.

I play an Iksar Necromancer and I like him just fine.

We're talking about Iksar Shaman being severely inconvenienced if they're trying to make potions. What are the reasons to NOT make a Troll for a Shaman if this is the case? A tiny bit of AC?

Thulack
03-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Merchants in Nro sell the stuff too.

ShivanAngel
03-03-2014, 08:27 PM

Should make a troll for no other reason than the Regent Symbol of Innoruuk is completely broken on shaman...

Ahldagor
03-03-2014, 08:35 PM
don't let potion making deter you from the master race.

Clark
03-04-2014, 07:44 AM
Seen this problem crop up on the forums from time to time. One of the devs/GM's participated in one of the threads asking for evidence of when those vendors came about. If I remember correctly, nobody could find anything conclusive.

Lots of people seem to be sure they were there, though. Hopefully we see them in Velious.

Wudan
03-04-2014, 08:44 AM
One of the devs/GM's participated in one of the threads asking for evidence of when those vendors came about. If I remember correctly, nobody could find anything conclusive

Im pretty sure it was earlier than 3 years into Kunark, nahmeen!

Just put it in. Refusing to add the vendor at this point of timeline is just stupid, I could almost say malicious... the real questin is what is Derubael going to do about this! Will he stand up for his brothers? ROAAAR!

Hail Cabilis!

Ahldagor
03-04-2014, 02:16 PM
also this

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/mind+blown_f93778_3482715.jpg

blondeattk
03-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Klok Greenscale

that the vendor who is missing?

Swish
03-04-2014, 07:39 PM
I think so, but its not just 1 vendor missing... I remember 4-6 of them lined up with everything alchemy you could ask for (maybe a couple of them are already there in a different spot, but still).

blondeattk
03-05-2014, 02:38 AM
where you taking the wrong type of perscription drugs back then tho?

DOnt need more than 2 vendors to do alchemy.....they just have to have the right herbs on them.

Simple task to add the right ones to existing vendors. I guess cough medicine for lizards is a low priority!!

Good news is the gypsies in Oasis sell balm leaves; useful for making an oil based potion to stop ye olde scales from getting too brittle.

Wudan
03-05-2014, 03:04 AM
I think so, but its not just 1 vendor missing... I remember 4-6 of them lined up with everything alchemy you could ask for (maybe a couple of them are already there in a different spot, but still).

It is just one missing, klok scaleroot. There were never 4-6 of them.

Swish
03-05-2014, 10:25 AM
Then my memory is out of whack :(... I clearly remember the vendors got moved from where they are now and lined up in a row of at least 4. I always made my pots in Cabilis.