PDA

View Full Version : How many will Team Pvp?

Molinior
02-27-2014, 03:22 PM
I played EQ on live Pre-luclin and really enjoyed it. Likewise i've enjoyed my time on p99 thus far. The updated UI and the ready availability of pre-planar gear is something I never experienced back on live

That being said the extremely high inflation on high end items has presented me with a kind of plateau I can't pass without dedicating a ton of time to raiding. Unfortunately Kunark being out 3 years now means that Velious content will be monopolized and the high prices will most likely continue indefinately as retired characters return for new content and their plat hoards reenter the economy.

I'm excited about the prospects of a fresh economy on a fresh server and Team pvp seems to be the only planned new server in the near future.

So, how many of you plan on joining the Team Pvp Server when it becomes available? And/or how many would prefer a fresh blue server?

Swish
02-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Definitely going to give it a shot when the time comes :)

Naw
02-27-2014, 03:28 PM
teams is never coming, no idea where you got this assumption

Rec
02-27-2014, 03:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRIr9MNmCwU

Molinior
02-27-2014, 03:31 PM
I definitely read that they are considering it but that it will be second priority to Velious. Look around the forums a bit more Naw.

Tecmos Deception
02-27-2014, 03:35 PM
That being said the extremely high inflation on high end items has presented me with a kind of plateau I can't pass without dedicating a ton of time to raiding. Unfortunately Kunark being out 3 years now means that Velious content will be monopolized and the high prices will most likely continue indefinately as retired characters return for new content and their plat hoards reenter the economy.

Hopefully without derailing things (Swish! ;))... how do you figure that starting fresh on a new server will change things for you?

You attribute your "plateau" on current blue to inflation, but it is easier than ever to get a group together to go get a drop directly on blue right now because so many people already have all their stuff making them more powerful + making camps more likely to be open at any given time.

You say your limited playtime means you can never catch up, but you seem to think that limited playtime won't put you at an immediate (and quickly growing) disadvantage on a new server?

You say that Velious will be on lockdown but neglect to consider that everything on a new server will be on lockdown too.

I voted for teams in hopes that red players would be satiated so they can stop trolling every blue thread with laments about their xp bonus going away, recruitment attempts, etc.

Molinior
02-27-2014, 03:44 PM
I take your point. I guess I'm looking for a server I have a real chance at parity on. Where Pvp can clear up alot of the camp monopolization that happens. It's not that I don't play a bunch but that I don't play for 4 or 5 hours continuously.

As to velious content I think it's pretty obvious that the top tier of players with 3 or 4 high level alts are going to be the dominant force in Velious. That dynamic would disappear on a new server with no history of RMT or high end loot hoarding/selling.

I've never been a top teir player or planar raider but I'm not the only one that doubts Velious will be the panacea that many hope it will be.

Rec
02-27-2014, 03:47 PM
Low level people to group with

Marglar
02-27-2014, 03:52 PM
I would reroll on any new server created by the p1999 staff just for the fresh economy, and to be on a more level playing field. multiple years sitting on kunark has made for an interesting economy to say the least.. the pricing on certain things is awesome (like some of the better tradeable weapons are really affordable due to how many there are..), but any of the decent high end items are ridiculously expensive. it is offputting but not a total deterrent.

I'd love a pvp teams server, I played tallon zek on live (4 teams, human races, dark races, short races, elves). it made for some interesting dynamics.. the server ultimately became two teams - light races vs dark races. some people were all about 'cross teaming', some people were strict about staying true to their single team. I'd hop on that in a heart beat, all though I'm sure it won't be coming. something needs to be done about red 99 though either way, it's hurting.

Elderan
02-27-2014, 04:12 PM
They need to release a new blue server with a classic progression timeline.

HalflingWarrior
02-27-2014, 04:52 PM
Hopefully without derailing things (Swish! ;))... how do you figure that starting fresh on a new server will change things for you?

You attribute your "plateau" on current blue to inflation, but it is easier than ever to get a group together to go get a drop directly on blue right now because so many people already have all their stuff making them more powerful + making camps more likely to be open at any given time.

You say your limited playtime means you can never catch up, but you seem to think that limited playtime won't put you at an immediate (and quickly growing) disadvantage on a new server?

You say that Velious will be on lockdown but neglect to consider that everything on a new server will be on lockdown too.

I voted for teams in hopes that red players would be satiated so they can stop trolling every blue thread with laments about their xp bonus going away, recruitment attempts, etc.

except every drop worth a damn is permacamped....thats his point

HalflingWarrior
02-27-2014, 05:01 PM
I would reroll on any new server created by the p1999 staff just for the fresh economy, and to be on a more level playing field. multiple years sitting on kunark has made for an interesting economy to say the least.. the pricing on certain things is awesome (like some of the better tradeable weapons are really affordable due to how many there are..), but any of the decent high end items are ridiculously expensive. it is offputting but not a total deterrent.

I'd love a pvp teams server, I played tallon zek on live (4 teams, human races, dark races, short races, elves). it made for some interesting dynamics.. the server ultimately became two teams - light races vs dark races. some people were all about 'cross teaming', some people were strict about staying true to their single team. I'd hop on that in a heart beat, all though I'm sure it won't be coming. something needs to be done about red 99 though either way, it's hurting.

Which is CLEAR evidence of the monopolies. Items that were 50k 2 years ago have climbed to 100k now - DESPITE 2 ADDITIONAL YEARS OF SUPPLY. These items are permacamped; dropping as much as thry possibly can. Yet items that arent permacamped have DECREASED in value.

Molinior
02-27-2014, 07:31 PM
Well in all fairness the other part of market pricing is demand. Demand has increased with server population as of late.

Tecmos Deception
02-27-2014, 07:37 PM
except every drop worth a damn is permacamped....thats his point

You're wrong. I can understand how someone who only plays for 10-20 hours per week, and only in US primetime, might think that... but really what do you expect in primetime? Shit's not even CLOSE to permacamped on this server.

They need to release a new blue server with a classic progression timeline.

They probably will... in a few years.

I'm kinda up in the air about teams. I think I actually would enjoy playing a chanter on a red server... my playtime is just soooo sporadic though anymore that I wouldn't be doing much team PvPing. Kinda defeats the purpose, ya know?

Shatford
02-27-2014, 10:00 PM
I used to play on Tallon Zek on live and unless the issue of crossteaming is dealt with (dark and light players bending the rules and guilding together) before the launch, I won't be joining it. Also there needs to be a larger population than there is on red currently for me to find PVP fun.

Squire
02-27-2014, 10:07 PM
TEAMSPVP

dethbringre
02-27-2014, 10:21 PM
I'm always down for a fresh start and honestly I'd play a new blue OR teams server. However, once you've levelled 8 or 10 toons throughout your Everquest career, you start to look into ways to spice things up a little, and PvP is that perfect mix to keep things interesting while camping Lguk Frenzy for the thousandth time.

Fame
02-27-2014, 11:33 PM
No towers option and teams was a troll 2/10

Freakish
02-27-2014, 11:36 PM
I'll play on Teams so that I can get items to trade for on Blue.
WTT Teams Manastone for 5x Manastone Blue

stewe
02-27-2014, 11:55 PM
I voted i dont care because as much as u wish it to happen, non of these options are gonna happen except maybe the team pvp server in the far future since velious is top priority for the staff atm and even then team pvp isnt gonna be that much more popular then the red server is now, people say they will play on it but the same was said about red when it came out and look where that went, most people don't play EQ for pvp and EQ was never suppose to be a strong pvp game, alot of people dont really like being ganked while they go get something to drink or are fishing and relaxing to some music. And people need to quit bitching about prices, the buyers dont set them morons that are willing to pay 50-100k an item are who set them, people quit buying items at outrages prices and the items either go down or the people can sit there and get nothing out of a lore item and u can go camp it yourself.

Molinior
02-28-2014, 01:20 AM
Yeah but if there isnt 100k to spend then we dont have to worry about it. If people can they will, you cant blame a consumer with demand and liquid cash for
spending.

myriverse
02-28-2014, 10:16 AM
I take your point. I guess I'm looking for a server I have a real chance at parody on.
You wanna be silly, go ahead. No one's gonna stop ya. Parody is fun.:D

Or did you mean parity?

Daldaen
02-28-2014, 10:23 AM
I will team PvP under 3 conditions.

1. Item/Bag loot. No shitty just coin loot. No shitty "I bag all my items before I die" BS. Deaths have penalties on PvP servers. Sack up and risk that fungi on your level 12 twink. Or better yet, once you engage in combat you cannot swap/remove gear... Hrmm a rogue has decided to stab me in the back, perfect time to remove my shirt and pants for some other shirt and pants I have in this bag!

2. No Anon/Role. Fuck that shit. People pretend to be baller skilled PvPers but hide their zone class and level. Get some anteater balls and every should be forced to say come at me bro. 95% of server being perma anon/role is weak.

3. Level range limited to +4/-4. Too high of a range leads to stupidly unbalanced matches that aren't even remotely fair or fun. Cool at level 60 killing a level 46 bro.

Swish
02-28-2014, 10:37 AM

1. Item/Bag loot. No shitty just coin loot. No shitty "I bag all my items before I die" BS. Deaths have penalties on PvP servers. Sack up and risk that fungi on your level 12 twink. Or better yet, once you engage in combat you cannot swap/remove gear... Hrmm a rogue has decided to stab me in the back, perfect time to remove my shirt and pants for some other shirt and pants I have in this bag!

2. No Anon/Role. Fuck that shit. People pretend to be baller skilled PvPers but hide their zone class and level. Get some anteater balls and every should be forced to say come at me bro. 95% of server being perma anon/role is weak.

3. Level range limited to +4/-4. Too high of a range leads to stupidly unbalanced matches that aren't even remotely fair or fun. Cool at level 60 killing a level 46 bro.

Item loot is definitely something that's missing from red. I'd lose a lot of gear, but I like the mechanic ;)

Roscoe
02-28-2014, 10:41 AM
people need to quit bitching about prices, the buyers dont set them morons that are willing to pay 50-100k an item are who set them, people quit buying items at outrages prices and the items either go down or the people can sit there and get nothing out of a lore item and u can go camp it yourself.

P99 is a free server and people can just make more accounts for alts to hold as many lore items as they wish.

Juhstin
02-28-2014, 10:58 AM

I agree 10/10

Squire
02-28-2014, 11:11 AM

wise in the ways of science. except gear swapping, thats just being tactical bru.

Swish
02-28-2014, 11:13 AM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/69/6924f63b5bd777c8f47200e6e821ac270ebdedf64943c80890 bc948d5be42b70.jpg

Daldaen
02-28-2014, 11:38 AM
wise in the ways of science. except gear swapping, thats just being tactical bru.

Tactical yes. But it would prevent people from bagging gear. And swapping clothes while in battle is sort of nonsense. But... Magic and dragons too I guess.

Squire
02-28-2014, 11:39 AM
swish got it. but yeah, part of the fun of eq pvp is being able to be prepared for any number of situations, swapping between two handers, sword and board, or weapons for specific proc effects, maybe don some bagged cold resist gear should i run into a wizard etc.

Molinior
02-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Half the fun of Pvp is tailoring your gear to the target. BD resist etc. Locking inventory once combat starts would take alot of the tactical aspects out of pvp. Also a 4 level range is too small IMO. It would be fine at server startup but a few months or a year in it would be way too small.

Wudan
03-01-2014, 04:11 AM
Shit's not even CLOSE to permacamped on this serve

Says a guy who pretty much perma caps hs south lol how many drusellas did u kill in a row?

Clark
03-01-2014, 06:38 AM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/69/6924f63b5bd777c8f47200e6e821ac270ebdedf64943c80890 bc948d5be42b70.jpg

lol