PDA

View Full Version : DE enchanter newbie armor

Skillslam
02-26-2014, 09:45 PM
Is there any? Searching the wiki but I can't find noob quests for them like Bloodforge armor for dwarves

Man0warr
02-26-2014, 10:03 PM
Temple of Sol Ro quests are about it.

Vermicelli
02-27-2014, 01:01 AM
For one of the best noob Enchanter quests, try the Stein of Moggok, which as an agnostic Dark Elf, you could start at level 8. You can use the forum search to find some tips n tricks to make this quest easy-peasy for you. http://wiki.project1999.com/Exotic_Drinks

Another good one begins with Mizr N`Mar in Neriak. You can start this one at level 16, but you might not be able to handle it by yourself until L20. First, buy a scroll of Enchant: Electrum. Next, grind your jewelcrafting skill up to around 100, and then combine an enchanted electrum bar and a jade stone in your JC kit. BOOM http://wiki.project1999.com/Jaded_Electrum_Bracelet

Between levels 20 and 30, you can also pursue the incandescent pieces and the Rod of Insidious Glamour, which begin with Sultin in the Temple of Solusek Ro. http://wiki.project1999.com/Sultin

Aborath
02-27-2014, 01:33 AM
For one of the best noob Enchanter quests, try the Stein of Moggok, which as an agnostic Dark Elf, you could start at level 8. You can use the forum search to find some tips n tricks to make this quest easy-peasy for you. http://wiki.project1999.com/Exotic_Drinks

Another good one begins with Mizr N`Mar in Neriak. You can start this one at level 16, but you might not be able to handle it by yourself until L20. First, buy a scroll of Enchant: Electrum. Next, grind your jewelcrafting skill up to around 100, and then combine an enchanted electrum bar and a jade stone in your JC kit. BOOM http://wiki.project1999.com/Jaded_Electrum_Bracelet

Between levels 20 and 30, you can also pursue the incandescent pieces and the Rod of Insidious Glamour, which begin with Sultin in the Temple of Solusek Ro. http://wiki.project1999.com/Sultin

Another tip: search for high-level non-ogres in Oggok using /who all Oggok, and ask them if they're killing guards, and if so, if you could buy a Crude Stein off of them (about 10pp). If you actually feel like going to Oggok while someone is grinding ogre guards, they'll probably just let you loot one, as they're lore and tend to rot.

... or you could just message me in-game, and I'll grab one for you. As a wizard, the trip to Oggok takes a whole 45 seconds.

Ando
02-27-2014, 06:15 AM
As a relatively new chanter myself, I'd recommend doing the Stein of Moggok quest a few times and selling it for some good starting cash. 300-400pp for a few hours of work is better money than you'll make doing anything else at that low of a level. Tip - Kiola Nuts in Ocean of Tears are not Lore - buy several at a time if you plan on doing the quest more than once.

Use this money to buy some cheap CHA jewelery, and use your time in Oggok to get a Crude Stein. Going from 100 CHA to 150 CHA is very noticeable when charming (if that is your thing...which it should be - it's awesome.)

7 CHA face, 5 CHA earrings (Opalline Earrings ~150pp each), CHA bracelets, rings. All of these are very affordable and quite nice.

Malone88
02-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Another tip: search for high-level non-ogres in Oggok using /who all Oggok, and ask them if they're killing guards, and if so, if you could buy a Crude Stein off of them (about 10pp). If you actually feel like going to Oggok while someone is grinding ogre guards, they'll probably just let you loot one, as they're lore and tend to rot.

... or you could just message me in-game, and I'll grab one for you. As a wizard, the trip to Oggok takes a whole 45 seconds.
If no one is there killing guards, you still might be able to find a Crude Stein on one of the Ogre merchants for around 8pp, I believe. Nice little way to make money by reselling these in EC for 50+ pp...

If you can't use merchants, you can always start up a new Ogre, give him a peridot, and have him buy the stein for you.

Crawdad
02-27-2014, 03:32 PM
It really depends how much time you want to spend farming money or just leveling up. For the most part, I'd worry more about leveling then getting gear at the low-end.

That being said, if you're ~early teens, head to Sister Camp in Lfay-- super easy to charm kite them from 12-19 and make ~1kpp doing it solo. There's also bandits in WK if you're on that side of the world, but Sisters camp has a Ranger outpost to sell at less than a minute away.

1kpp buys you (ish):
Crude Stein: 50pp, 15cha
Cats Eye Agate Bracers: 40pp for both, 14cha
Gypsy Medallion: 200pp, 9cha
Opalline Earrings: 300pp for both, 10cha
Noble's Robes: 150pp, 5cha
Siyrn Hair Hood: Seen it for ~300pp lately, 13cha
=~1040pp, 66cha.

If you're above this, once you're in your 20s you can claw your eyes out/farm Goblin Gazughi Rings, which can 1) make you a super enchanter and 2) Sell for enough to gear you to Basically best in Slot until planes.. Loam Encrusted gear is almost all superb for Enchanters and runs ~1k per piece (minus robe/pants/gloves), and if Loam isn't good then chances are there is a Enchanter-specific equivalent that is better and cheaper.

...But really, pick up the super cheapo <100pp per piece Cha gear, quest a Stein and just level up. You'll get gear as you go :D

Ando
02-27-2014, 05:56 PM
It really depends how much time you want to spend farming money or just leveling up. For the most part, I'd worry more about leveling then getting gear at the low-end.

Chanters are kind of an exception to this rule. Getting CHA gear makes charm soloing MUCH more efficient, as you are having charm breaks noticeably less often which results in less roots/charms/stuns. I would recommend new chanters make it a goal to get at least 180 CHA if charm soloing (which is better exp than most groups at this level) if not 200.

Lyrith
02-27-2014, 06:55 PM
Everyone else pretty much nailed it. CHA gear, which is all pretty cheap.

Aborath
03-31-2014, 06:52 PM
Someone from this thread sent me a tell last week requesting a Stein. Unfortunately, I've completely forgotten who it was. Whoever you are, you've probably gotten one by now, but if not, send Xuthar a tell one more time. I've got one in the bank that I'll grab you.