PDA

View Full Version : half elf or dwarf paladin

fishingme
02-26-2014, 11:24 AM
I'm curious what the pros/cons are between making a half elf or dwarf paladin?

Lyrith
02-26-2014, 11:37 AM
Dwarf is the master race... Kidding! But Really it comes down to looks and Stats. I don't believe there are any "Game Changing" items one race can use over the other or etc.

lecompte
02-26-2014, 11:54 AM
I think Dwarf gets good, affordable racial gear?
http://wiki.project1999.com/Imbued_Dwarven_Plate

fishingme
02-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Dwarf is the master race... Kidding! But Really it comes down to looks and Stats. I don't believe there are any "Game Changing" items one race can use over the other or etc.

Yeah, looks is what I'm personally trying to weigh in on right now I need to take a look at stats when I get home. On live my pally was a half elf and I loved the way his armor looked, but dwarves look pretty cool too, and Id prefer not to gimp myself on stats is why I'm Thinking dwarf so its a rough decision for. Me

Lyrith
02-26-2014, 12:01 PM
I think Dwarf gets good, affordable racial gear?
http://wiki.project1999.com/Imbued_Dwarven_Plate

Dwarf Racial gear is really nice, however it has gotten super expensive. 36k for a full set typically. I don't think most people starting a new character would have that kind of bank roll.

Deepwater should be cheap, no one really makes armor of ro, so goodluck with that.

Funkutron5000
02-26-2014, 12:22 PM
High elf is the correct answer!

Erati
02-26-2014, 12:51 PM
Half Elf > High Elf

ur gonna b wearing plate so u kinda need to have more str on your character than a 12 yr old girl like the high elf paly counterpart above me

Half Elf also (if u go Tunare) has some amazing cultural armor and access to Natures Defender in Velious which is about as good as ur epic

Daldaen
02-26-2014, 12:55 PM
Eratani speaks the truth.

Also Robo-Cop is legit

Lojik
02-26-2014, 12:55 PM
Human Velious plate armor graphics top notch IMO compared to other pally races, and in theory Velious is coming out soonish...if looks be important to you.

Funkutron5000
02-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Cat helms, you fools. Cat helms.

Asap
02-26-2014, 12:59 PM
http://mentalized.net/journal/2003/08/26/velious_custom_helmets/images/dwarf_male.jpg

vs.

http://mentalized.net/journal/2003/08/26/velious_custom_helmets/images/halfelf_male.jpg

Lyrith
02-26-2014, 01:06 PM
Cat helms, you fools. Cat helms.

Lmao... Thundercats!

Faerie
02-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Dwarves are ugly and terrible. Show some self-respect imo, and roll half elf.

Lyrith
02-26-2014, 01:24 PM
Dwarves are ugly and terrible. Show some self-respect imo, and roll half elf.

Hey Now! Dwarven Clerics = The Sex

Faerie
02-26-2014, 01:27 PM
Hey Now! Dwarven Clerics = The Sex

They're fat and stocky alcoholics with poor personal hygiene. If they're the sex, my guess is it was not consensual.

Danth
02-26-2014, 02:43 PM
Ultimately looks are by far the biggest concern when picking a Paladin race, particularly if you're choosing between Dwarf, Human, or Half Elf. No Paladin race has access to things like Regeneration or Slam or or even Hide. None of them level at a different rate from any of the others. Their factions are basically similar and all can go to more or less the same places. Dwarves have somewhat better starting stats--except for charisma--but it's not even that much of a difference in the long run (nothing like Ogres). High Elves and Erudites start with wretched strength, which can be an issue if it's your first character, but ultimately won't matter in the long term, either. Paladins in smaller non-raiding guilds or played as lower-hours alts may wish to follow Tunare for access to a curiously easy epic-quality weapon come Velious.

Dwarves' major drawback is that they're short and that can get annoying if you play EQ properly (ie, in first-person mode). Half Elves' major drawback is....just look at that Velious custom helm. Everyone will snicker every time you go past.

Danth

Missingo
02-26-2014, 07:06 PM
High Elves can also use Natures Defender. I actually think Dwarves are boring, too many of them running around anyway. I would go Human for the plate look come velious or High Elf for Natures Defender. Not too much a fan of Half Elves

lecompte
02-26-2014, 07:13 PM
They're fat and stocky alcoholics with poor personal hygiene. If they're the sex, my guess is it was not consensual.

Know how women I've gotten to go home w/ me when they saw my barrel rolling around town?

dethbringre
02-26-2014, 08:20 PM
Well with velious looming over the corner, Erudite cultural armor won't be far away either and some of the steelsilk pieces aren't too shabby.

Erudites get crappy starting STR and stats in general. But they do get this: http://wiki.project1999.com/Shield_of_the_Stalwart_Seas Which is basically the second best shield in game outside of Velious and you can pick them up for like 1k.

Of course I'm biased as I play an Erudite Paladin, one of the rarest class/race combos in the game!

Swish
02-26-2014, 09:06 PM
Delete it at character select and make an iksar SK... thank me later when the racial epic is released.

Colgate
02-26-2014, 10:38 PM
dwarf is far and away the best race

don't be stupid

Sektor
02-26-2014, 11:54 PM
dwarf is far and away the best race

don't be stupid

Faerie
02-27-2014, 01:34 AM
Don't give in to lame peer pressure from red server trolls; you know in your heart that all the cool kids make elves. Do the right thing.

Having all those fun stats might seem like a good idea now, but will it really be worth the cost in terms of aesthetics? No one wants to group with a drooling and repulsive wretch of a "knight" (especially with that xp penalty), and the years of therapy you will undoubtedly require after developing a profound sense of self-loathing will only be adding insult to injury.

I'm not trying to scare you or anything, but I had a friend back in high school who rolled a dwarf; just the once. He's dead now.

Choose wisely, young paladin.

Squire
03-02-2014, 09:00 PM
erudite.

http://www.angelfire.com/hiphop/dablackprince/BONETHUGS/kra1.gif