PDA

View Full Version : Grobb / Oggok faction work

dethbringre
02-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Ok earlier I had a question about some faction work in FP since I frequently run there for bank/selling. It got me thinking about some serious faction work and I thought it'd be best to make another thread.

Is it even possible at this point in the game to become non-kos in Grobb / Oggok as a Paladin? I've seen by looking around a bit that there are certainly quests to raise SOME of the factions in each of the towns. But I noticed from the wiki that the Grobb Merchants are on their own faction and at least the wiki doesn't show a way to increase faction with them. Which wouldn't be too bad as long as I could use the banker.

Basically I enjoy levelling / money making in Guk and it sure slows things down to run to a bank back in Freeport every time. And I'm not a fan of making an alt and dropping bags, but I'll keep doing that if I have to.

So does anyone know if banking / selling / not being attacked is even possible for an Erudite Paladin in either Grobb or Oggok?

Thanks.

Skywarp
02-26-2014, 03:33 AM
I would check allahkazams to see more info on that. I know that with ogre you can actually go kos as a war ogre against the ogre sks doing ogre war quest as a newborn char. Skin trolls are almost impossible to faction foe as a light race.

dethbringre
02-26-2014, 07:46 AM
Yeah from what I've been looking at on Alla. I think that Oggok may be the only route to go. I could kill Lynuga in Swamp countless times and get Da Bashers and SK guild in Grobb non-kos but that still doesn't fix the merchant problem.

Juhstin
02-26-2014, 08:29 AM
Just nuke Oggok and Grobb. Down with those third world cities. Pave the way for some new Cazic Thule stripe malls.

Yoite
02-26-2014, 08:57 AM
moves the trolls to neriak, lets the frogs take that city back!

drktmplr12
02-26-2014, 09:30 AM
My understanding is that some merchant factions don't drop below dubious. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I know for certain that this is the case for highkeep. Killing guards eventually dropped my merchant faction to dubious; each kill reported "Your faction could not get any worse" with the merchants.

pharmakos
02-26-2014, 09:35 AM
i don't think its possible to raise oggok merchant faction

banker is on merchant faction

Swish
02-26-2014, 10:03 AM
Got any pals that can make a level 1 troll seller/mule to do that run for you? Not always convenient but it could be workable.

blondeattk
02-26-2014, 10:45 AM
do you do guk with a friend who has charm? bard or enc? or maybe a class who can sneak/hide? eg hfl dru.

was killing in oggok other day on me shm and my duo partner could sell to the vendor at ent by charming it. Even pulled banker to ent and charmed it so i could use it.

A dru in wolf form can sell in oggok, even after kiting guards in there. iksars do fd bankingin various zones.....

nother option:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Rathmana_Allin

http://wiki.project1999.com/Tran

Brut
02-26-2014, 10:47 AM
Think oggok/grobb merchant factions can't be raised. Troll guards and guilds can, but you'd need illusions or somecrap to pull that off. And it won't help with the merchant problem.

Fatties aren't going to be impressed by you slaying lvl1 orcs in the woods or handing some drunk in the town red wines like some inferior races are, hohoho.

myriverse
02-26-2014, 11:21 AM
Yeah, Oggok/Grobb Merchant factions can't be raised. Don't even bother trying.

Clurg is different. Kill dorf in Steamfont or dorf king. And there are several quests that will get you in good with him and his friends.

Juhstin
02-26-2014, 11:31 AM
moves the trolls to neriak, lets the frogs take that city back!

myriverse
02-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Frogs should be eaten and not heard.

'cept for a burp.

Mortiis
02-26-2014, 11:55 AM
There is only one quest for non-kos toons to raise troll merchant faction that I know of. The newbie wolf meat quest. Tried getting max faction to lower alchemy prices a bit.. but it didn't help all that much. Cha line of spells do much more in that respect. I wonder if the charm/turn-in routine would work for kos?

dethbringre
02-26-2014, 02:19 PM
so it looks like ill continue my bag drop method to handle my banking and buying needs lol. I suppose if i had an AoN that might work though right?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-26-2014, 02:30 PM
so it looks like ill continue my bag drop method to handle my banking and buying needs lol. I suppose if i had an AoN that might work though right?

Hehe if you had an aon you wouldn't be dropping bags for alts unless they were full of FBSS....

gwideon
02-26-2014, 06:10 PM
As a agnostic gnome wizard, I am able to bank in oggok because I think the bankers are on Clurg faction same as the guards. I can't sell to most merchants, but I can bank. Clurg is also a merchant so I can sell to him. I just had to kill the dwarf Dimlore Stormhammer in the steamfont minator caves like a gazzillion times. I am not sure if a euridite can since gnomes are more neutral than other races.

Of course, now the dwarves are not too fond of me, but that can be fixed with orcs/bone chips if I want the faction back.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Clurg

dethbringre
02-26-2014, 08:11 PM
As a agnostic gnome wizard, I am able to bank in oggok because I think the bankers are on Clurg faction same as the guards. I can't sell to most merchants, but I can bank. Clurg is also a merchant so I can sell to him. I just had to kill the dwarf Dimlore Stormhammer in the steamfont minator caves like a gazzillion times. I am not sure if a euridite can since gnomes are more neutral than other races.

Of course, now the dwarves are not too fond of me, but that can be fixed with orcs/bone chips if I want the faction back.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Clurg

Yeah I may be permanently screwed being a loyal follower of the Lord Quellious, those green hate mongers just wouldn't understand.

Potus
02-26-2014, 08:17 PM
My Troll Shaman is KOS to the Indigo Brotherhood for turning in Crushbone Belts. It's very sad because the Dwarf Guards are still threateningly to me :(