PDA

View Full Version : Mage Focus Items/Effects

Calibix
02-25-2014, 02:29 PM
So the Ro focus items are no drop, but I'm assuming you can turn the items in on your mage to get them. However, the quest says minimum level 33 on the wiki. Can I do this quest before then?

Furthermore, does the focus affect only give additional HP like the pet guide suggests? I have heard that it increases the level of the summoned pet by 1. Which is correct?

Thanks in advance.

Vellaen
02-25-2014, 02:36 PM
You can do the quests at any level; the recommended level is a rough indication of when you can obtain all the quest items solo.

The focii only affect pet HPs. They do not add levels to the pets, which you can tell because the water/fire pets' nukes/DS do not increase, and their damage is level-based (pet level+1 for DDs, level+2 for the fire DS).

Velerin
02-25-2014, 02:47 PM
Most important items you can get as a mage 1-50 (and still use torch after 50) right next to jboots. The pets don't increase in level but are more hp and overall better.

Calibix
02-25-2014, 04:00 PM
Cool thanks for the info.

element08
02-25-2014, 07:47 PM
it's just cosmetic but focused pets are also slightly larger. You can solo the mages around 16-17 in najena for the item drops, and the giant toes you'll want to buy in EC. If you're short on pp for the gems around that level the bandit sisters in lfay are good for ~100pp/hr from bronze weapons.

Aelzrith
03-08-2014, 11:29 AM
From my experience, the focus items allow you to summon a max level pet that is 1 level higher than you normally could summon. This means: higher max hit, more HP, and the fire pet's DS will be one or two points higher.

Iandyan
03-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Do the regular magicians in Najena drop the torch/broom/shovel/stein or do the goblin magicians (or both)? The wiki lists one type in one section and the other type in another section so just trying to clarify.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
03-11-2014, 01:04 PM
Do the regular magicians in Najena drop the torch/broom/shovel/stein or do the goblin magicians (or both)? The wiki lists one type in one section and the other type in another section so just trying to clarify.

Both will drop the focus items.

Velerin
03-11-2014, 03:14 PM
darkbone skellies drop the pieces too..and not 100% positive here but on live for sure the elf and halfling in the jail can drop them also.