PDA

View Full Version : The thing that seems to have a large impact on population is spawning dragons.

Classic
02-25-2014, 11:53 AM
So this is my suggestion to increase pop. Everytime you want pop to increase by 60-120 (depending on how many zergs are logging in) I suggest you spawn dragons more often.

This seems to attract the right kind of bluebies to sustain a healthy server population at all times that dragons are spawning.

I notice nothing else ever has a major impact on population except this scenario.

Just a suggestion to help constructively increase server population.

Vile
02-25-2014, 11:57 AM
instances too

Classic
02-25-2014, 12:14 PM
instances too

The first "PvP roundtable stream" rogean spent like 30 mins really excited about being able to do instances through those old in game message boards but the client doesn't support that.

I think he is pretty interested in expanding the scope of original EQ and that he would prob like to work on more projects like that. Seems to be a big proponent of those types of changes.

So you have some weight with him there. I'm not going to say that instances would be good for the server. Or not. But I just thought I'de throw out that staff isn't 100% against that kind of development.

Squire
02-25-2014, 12:49 PM
want bluebies?

allow halfling paladins and rangers
gnome sks and paladins

on red only

remove hybrid penelty, add group bonus

ppl will make alts just to play those and bring friends with them to play too.

not classic but itd bring a few dozen or more. just a no-impact gimmick to attract people. Announce this in concert with the new-and-improved grouping bonus, new +/- 4 range, among other changes, and an xp bonus weekend or something. Put some Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flaling Tube Men outside crushbone.

Juhstin
02-25-2014, 12:50 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qK1PRvf5A8Y/Tp9CqLn9JtI/AAAAAAAACHw/PtvqORfiZlg/s200/61EC2-adding-machine.gif

he's right
simulated repops every 2 hours? 7 days a week? thriving

Dragons should just be insta respawned upon death.

Azure
02-25-2014, 01:22 PM
I do think battleground, or arena style isntances would be a fun addition people could easily opt out of... with no rewards other than personal acheivement and victory (i.e. no loot drops)

Titles would be a good reward for an instance system of gladiatorial arena's.

And we can totall import quake bsps into eq's zone file format with 3rd party apps )

Could make PoK books work like an instance portalling system. Maybe make a special waiting zone with different destinations for different arena queues. NPC's could summon you if your holding a gem and on a pad. Like the luclin porters. Once every 20 mins. or whatever.

Wrench
02-25-2014, 01:30 PM
The first "PvP roundtable stream" rogean spent like 30 mins really excited about being able to do instances through those old in game message boards but the client doesn't support that.

??????

thought he wanted to use the message boards for leaderboards

rollin5k
02-25-2014, 01:34 PM
Constructive idea : Should stop spawning bosses at all! To promote pvp

Azure
02-25-2014, 01:38 PM
??????

thought he wanted to use the message boards for leaderboards

Naw... he was like "Oh we can use these for isntances, programatically speaking" and then he kinda gave up when he realized they wouldnt work out. Leaderboards wer always a forum/web thing. idea.

Don't quote me exactly, but he did say "I like instances" "I think they are cool" and said some stuff about starwars.

Tassador
02-25-2014, 03:04 PM
How about the 250th person to log on every night gets an AON. We just fixed the pop guys!!! /high five

sprinkle16
02-25-2014, 08:45 PM
most of you are really dumb.