PDA

View Full Version : Hard time grouping.

Tzeriel
02-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Have a 25 Wiz and 8 bard. Both spent 6 hours LFG last night. Is there a better way? A global chat channel, FB page, twitter feed for LFG? I love this server but hate spending so long LFG.

Juhstin
02-25-2014, 10:29 AM
Nope. Best way is to find a lowbie guild, or do / all 20 30 and hope you can find people that way. Only other option is to go to a zone with lots of group potential like Unrest/Mistmoore and hope you can find something in /ooc there

Dweed
02-25-2014, 10:30 AM
Wizard you honestly will have a hard time forever. It just isn't a strong group class because of the mana limitation on sustained dps. You can start quadding soon though, which is a huge upgrade. Possible to make some solid duos with a druid or another wiz to quad together.

The bard is probably just the level range/area. Below 10 there aren't always groups. Best bets are crushbone, or ec orc camps.

Also just having /lfg on won't always cut it. Try being the initiator if you haven't yet. Duos/trios are always a good start.

drktmplr12
02-25-2014, 10:34 AM
You are going to have to make the initiative. Sitting in a zone with /LFG on and saying LFG in /ooc may work sometimes... but not usually.

A couple tips for the wizard:

1. Make friends when you do find groups. Add them to your friends list. Especially clerics, enchanters, and pullers/tanks since they are the heart of a good group.

2. You should travel to a location near EC and bind in Freeport. Uguk is a great candidate. Travel there, /LFG on, shout you are LFG.

3. Alternatively, sit in EC and /who all 23 27 will give you all players level 23 to 27. The list may be too long so try /who all 23 24 then /who all 25 26. See what zones are populated, whisper the players and ask if there is an open spot in a group.

4. /who all upperguk, /who all mistmoor, /who all unrest. Check the popular zones for people. Whisper them asking if they are grouped and to be put on a list or if they need a wizard.

5. You'll be able to port others soon, great for mobilizing a group to a dungeon.. just be wary of that warrior who is bound across the world it could be a group killer.

For the bard:

1. Everyone will tell you to swarm kite, which is fine. But if you don't want to.. grouping at level 8 isn't very effective imo. But you sure can goto EC and get a orc group or Gfay/Crushbone and group there.

2. Same rules apply really. Choose a place to hunt, /who all place, find someone who wants to duo or an empty spot in a group.

myxomatosii
02-25-2014, 10:34 AM
Have a 25 Wiz and 8 bard. Both spent 6 hours LFG last night. Is there a better way? A global chat channel, FB page, twitter feed for LFG? I love this server but hate spending so long LFG.

You could try:

1 - making groups on the forums in advance
2 - just announcing lfg on forums
3 - leading groups instead of lfg
4 - joining a guild and lfg in guild chat

3 is the best imo. with the proper tools and a few sent tells you can find people fairly quick

/who all war 20 30
/who all cleric 20 30

etc etc whatever you need. just don't be picky.

also, instead of groups, as a wizard i'd focus on duos & trios and let groups form naturally. wizards would work well with a pet class like necro or mage since they lose exp soloing so i'd try to befriend a few of those classes.

work your strengths, cover someone else's weaknesses. but the real secret behind it all is just be social and take command. :cool:

drktmplr12
02-25-2014, 10:42 AM
also, instead of groups, as a wizard i'd focus on duos & trios and let groups form naturally. wizards would work well with a pet class like necro or mage since they lose exp soloing so i'd try to befriend a few of those classes.

work your strengths, cover someone else's weaknesses. but the real secret behind it all is just be social and take command. :cool:

Take it from this guy, he's a wizard of the highest order.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/05/gandalf-glasses-2011-05-13-600.jpg

Tzeriel
02-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the tips. Wiz is currently in Lake, Bard in CB. I'm not able to kite much because I'm playing on a laptop with a touchpad only. I'm planning on trying to join Knights if I can end up in a zone with an officer! (Need moar wizofficers!) I'll try some of the other zones tonight. But just so it's out there, 25 Wiz or 8 Bard LFG tonight ;)

webrunner5
02-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Truth is like has been said you have two classes that really don't fit well for grouping. The Bard will high level but never the Wizard.

But unfortunately on here there is a bunch of classes that suck for groups. Ranger, Pally comes to mind. When I look at class selection on here, which by the way I have every one, I am surprised that P1999 is even still in business lol.

This stupid Hybrid XP penalty, and the pet nerf all lead to few choices to pick what to play and really have some FUN on here. I tend to solo a lot anymore on here because I guess I am bored of the game lately I guess. So it does open up a lot more classes that work.

I think the biggest problem on here is no Velious. With 1,200 to 1,300 people on here now a lot in the evenings there just is not enough camps in the top played zones. So no group openings. It will clear up a lot when Velious hits. And the Hybrid penalty drops.

Dangermouse
02-25-2014, 10:55 AM
4. /who all upperguk

guktop, not upperguk :)

Here's a full list: http://ezserveronline.com/forums/index.php?topic=2776.0

Growlers
02-25-2014, 11:20 AM
guktop, not upperguk :)

Here's a full list: http://ezserveronline.com/forums/index.php?topic=2776.0

This is awesome!

fastboy21
02-25-2014, 11:21 AM
it would help if the devs could get " /who all lfg " to work properly.

short of that, there isn't a problem finding grps imo. the best way to find grps on a wizard:
1. make friends who want to grp with you.
2. find a guild with lots of active exp'ers in your lvl range.
3. find a spot to solo near or in an exp zone. that way you can solo while you are lfg. Actually use /ooc to announce you are lfg. Don't just throw the tag on and hope someone does who /lfg. keep repeating it every 10 minutes so that when a spot does open up you have a good shot at an invite. i like to use a text to audio trigger so that i can afk and come back when someone sends me a tell.
4. bind near/in an exp zone that you can't easily port to (obviously find a safe spot). that way you can port to various exp zones shouting and then gate back and shout again. you can also make some coin porting while lfg in this way.
5. don't be an afk wizard. wizards tend to seem much worse than they really are because players think they are perpetually afk. help root and snare if needed.
6. when you get a good exp group at a good camp, don't leave...keep that sucker going FOREVER! Ask players regularly if anyone needs to leave, help keep the list of LFGs, constantly be looking for reps so that you can keep the group going.

even on desired grouping classes it can sometimes take a long time (hours) to find a group on some night. its part of the game.

Tzeriel
02-25-2014, 11:22 AM
Ugh. Should I be rerolling enchanter instead if wizard? I'm really only interested in group play. Played a Warrior, Rogue in 99. So I'm trained to group. If I want to solo... Well, WoW is a much better game when I'm in a solo mood, to me. I'll reroll chanter if it'll get me groups gladly. Interested in the class anyways. Just those first few levels, ugh.

Quineloe
02-25-2014, 11:30 AM
LFG forum would be great.

Lamil
02-25-2014, 11:31 AM
I'm unfamiliar with this Whisper them thing? I usually just send them a tell

Ugrask
02-25-2014, 11:31 AM
LFG Forum would be swell, could sit in EC selling crap on a mule while LFG...then even arrange ports/fees on said mule!

Buns
02-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Ugh. Should I be rerolling enchanter instead if wizard? I'm really only interested in group play. Played a Warrior, Rogue in 99. So I'm trained to group. If I want to solo... Well, WoW is a much better game when I'm in a solo mood, to me. I'll reroll chanter if it'll get me groups gladly. Interested in the class anyways. Just those first few levels, ugh.

From what I've heard... this may be smart. Apparently no one in P99 likes to group with Wizards. I can't remember what level you said your Wiz was, but if you get to porting, you could use this character as a way to make money porting people around for your other characters.

I don't remember Wizards having such a hard time in classic. I'm not sure if it's because we were all oblivious to min/maxing back then or if it's because I was 15, so I was oblivious to everything. Here though, it seems like Wizards are not wanted.

Lamil
02-25-2014, 11:40 AM
I grouped with 2 wizards at the Sarnak Ledge. Honestly I will group with anyone as long as the basics of tank and healer are covered... after that all are welcome. Don't even care if its a necro healing.

skipdog
02-25-2014, 11:52 AM
I'm glad I did most of my leveling when /lfg worked properly.

webrunner5
02-25-2014, 11:56 AM
Yeah a Enchanter is a WAY better way to go if you are into grouping. AND they are the best solo class on here to boot. Best of both worlds. :D

Swish
02-25-2014, 12:03 PM
If you're a truly top tactician then enchanter is the best solo class, but arguably necros always have the ability to FD and survive when an encounter goes wrong... with the ability to charm undead etc and do similar stuff to enchanters :p

Vlak
02-25-2014, 12:12 PM
I really don't get the hate that wizards get here.

I used to group with a wiz on my SK on live, we had a good system going. I'd tank, holding aggro with disease cloud and taps, he'd nuke pretty much as he pleased because my aggro was ridiculous. Had a friend in college on EQ Mac with a pally who did the same, basically.

Crawdad
02-25-2014, 12:14 PM
Hollar at me in-game to duo sometime. 27 Ench right now named Ljuba. As long as you can hold aggro I'll gladly charm kite with you, though I have weird hours right now. Like somebody else said, any pet class/ench will be fine with you kiting in all likelihood. Duoing blows away most full mans.

If you don't have a flux staff I'd suggest you get one (if you stick with the wiz) as it makes being a wiz duo'ing partner silly easy to steal aggro.

Enchanters are a lot of fun but take more effort (read:some) than some people want.. however, a good enchanter is worth 3-4 group spots. Honestly, 1-12 is Really easy for Enchanters, I'm not sure why I hear people complaining about it so much... Ench pet is superior to all other pets at those levels and once you get charm its a cake walk.

Tzeriel
02-25-2014, 12:32 PM
I have my flux staff yes. A great high level wizard dragged me along by the hand and helped me. Have most of the rods for ice comet too. If I were to level an enchanter would anyone be able to help with a gear transfer? I have a stein and a robe and some miscellaneous stuff. I'd like to be an asset to a group most of all.

Ugrask
02-25-2014, 12:53 PM
You know I'm good for the xfer, can probably move my lazy arse to a ring after your wiz drops it off(no open character slots haha)

Raavak
02-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Should get your Staff of the Wheel unless you have better.

Tzeriel
02-25-2014, 01:04 PM
I don't know how to finish it. I'll have to look it up. I have a few of the rods. Sorta scared to go after some of the others.