PDA

View Full Version : another 'best race' thread...

Adrian
02-24-2014, 07:57 PM
Hello,

I'm fairly new to the server and have yet to make myself a warrior. I do not intend to raid. I will also be making a necromancer and shaman and I'd like to have each as a different race.

I've basically decided the necromancer will be an Iksar. I'm somewhat of a min/max player as efficiency is paramount.

I've also decided my 'evil' races will attempt to have positive relations with 'good' cities wherever possible.

Considering all this, which race or races would you recommend.

Thank you.

baalzy
02-24-2014, 08:09 PM
Ogre warrior
Troll shaman

Just fine switching the two if you want. Stun immunity has merits on both classes. Shaman will get more out of the trolls innate regen than the Warrior will. Stun immunity is much more important on raids but still can't be a bad thing. Consider putting some starting points into Dex for the warrior (will make life easier for you 50+ when procs really become vital).

Halfling warrior has some benefits going for it as well though. Especially if you don't want to deal with a big race. Sneak will make it possible to do questions that other races will have problems with. In the long run stats won't matter as much.

No reason to do Barb shaman unless you just want to avoid the faction issues. (and faction really ISN'T an issue for any class with gate).

radditsu
02-24-2014, 09:12 PM
Asian

dethbringre
02-24-2014, 11:21 PM
I would suggest the Troll Warrior if you want that to be your FIRST character, you'll get a little benefit from the regen. while waiting for and you are solo'ing.

However, since you said you intend to make a Necro and a Shaman as well. I would highly suggest going ahead with the Necro as your FIRST toon simply to solo for a few weeks and grind out a couple K in plat. This will make your Warrior much more pleasant. Hell you could prolly farm with a necro enough to buy a fungi if your frugal in 3-4 months time, which would help a ton

Squire
02-25-2014, 12:44 AM
make a gnome warrior just for the gnome only velious tinkering clickies for haste and shit

Potus
02-25-2014, 12:46 AM
Iksar the best race for all classes.

Squire
02-25-2014, 12:48 AM
for example

http://wiki.project1999.com/Clockwork_Watchman_Vambraces

Kazi
02-25-2014, 12:55 AM
Human. Duh

odiecat99
02-25-2014, 02:07 AM
ikky necro ogre warrior

done

Adrian
02-25-2014, 02:23 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Ogre is my first choice due to stats. It's hard not to choose this race. Hitting for max much, much more often right off the bat has great allure.

Halfling sounds nice too for the racial abilities and small xp bonus. I also like some of the cultural options, for other classes. The secondary melee stats can't be beat making overall stats quite nice if put in str/sta.

Gnome sounds pretty cool too. They are like smart halflings, although wasted on a warrior. The tinkering options seem very nice. With a full set the stats are very nice from the buffs. Downfall is mana batteries are expensive. How many gnome warriors do you see?

Again, I don't plan on raiding, just grouping. Decisions...

Mirana
02-26-2014, 09:44 AM
For shaman:
Iksar is out because you already have the necro and they can't use Jaundiced Bone Bracer.
Barbarians are boring.

Troll is the obvious choice. They get regen and can use http://wiki.project1999.com/Regent_Symbol_of_Innoruuk
One of the few things shaman can't do is snare, this gives you that ability.

Juhstin
02-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Ogreeeeeeee