PDA

View Full Version : Is raiding worth doing for me?

sox7d
02-24-2014, 12:25 PM
I'm a 59 wizard, but I don't really have time to play the game intensively anymore. But I'm wondering what raiding is like? Are the high-end guilds like "yeah, we're doing gorenaire this friday, be on at 5 PM PST, we'll kill it then you can log off," do they batphone or is it still 20 hour poopsocks and FTE battles? For that matter, would a high-end guild even want a 59 wizard?

diplo
02-24-2014, 12:29 PM
raiding a lot better now than what it used to be. still going to be batphoning im assuming, but higher chance guild A,B,C,D will get at least one dragon as opposed to just guild A.

Lyrith
02-24-2014, 12:49 PM
Raiding here just won't be like that really other than Sky, since your guild will have a dedicated time for that. But with the other targets, until Velious is out and people are busy in ST/NToV I just don't see your guild saying log in at X:XXPM so we can kill X.

Second note, lots of guilds would want a wizard.

Dweed
02-24-2014, 01:54 PM
High level wiz are loved for bosses. Some mobs have an estimated schedule if you are in the teir2 guilds. Otherwise it's FFA mobs so you'll have a char parked in a good spot and wait for a batphone. But mostly the days of sitting in groups for hours maintaining buffs waiting for fte are over.