PDA

View Full Version : Solo Camps for 40-50 lvl Shamans

Solb
02-23-2014, 10:32 AM
Can anyone recommend any decent cash camps for a lvl 40-50 shaman? I want to work on getting some cash, and just curious what items are available to camp?

Swish
02-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Spectres. Root rot em, then move out of range so they don't lifetap you :p

OOT/Oasis/Feerott/Qeynos sewers (if you really wanna travel lol)

Solb
02-23-2014, 11:15 AM
What about high cash items? I realize a lot of people won't answer this question because they would feel that their favorite cash cow would be threatened by anyone reading this. I just hope that someone is willing to give me some ideas, and share some knowledge. ;)

Swish
02-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Specs drop bronze scythes (4pp), "scythes" (12pp), gems and cash.

Not sure what you're after, they're good til 48 or so.

Kaladim guards?

Nobles in Highkeep from 48/49-53 when you get that far.

radditsu
02-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Freeport guards

radditsu
02-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Halfling guards

Solb
02-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Well, I am after specific items, things that sell for huge amounts of cash, such as fungi tunics etc. I want to be rolling in millions of plats. Are there any items that can be farmed by a shaman 40-50 lvl worth more than 10pp per item, is what I am asking.

Kyden
02-23-2014, 12:04 PM
Its not that easy, especially with your levels/gear. You cant just have tons of plat and gear, it takes a lot of time. GET to the back of the LINE!

Solb
02-23-2014, 12:06 PM
Its not that easy, especially with your levels/gear. You cant just have tons of plat and gear, it takes a lot of time. GET to the back of the LINE!

Hey, I am just asking for a little sample of your pixel riches! Can't you share maybe one small tidbit, I mean camp?

Man0warr
02-23-2014, 12:07 PM
You can camp something like Goblin Gazughi Ring, but halfling guards or Ice Giants is probably better plat/hour in the long run.

Magifyre
02-23-2014, 12:08 PM
But but I don't care if I'm low level, I want to solo fungi tunics.

Swish
02-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Well, I am after specific items, things that sell for huge amounts of cash, such as fungi tunics etc. I want to be rolling in millions of plats. Are there any items that can be farmed by a shaman 40-50 lvl worth more than 10pp per item, is what I am asking.

Best thing to do then is level as fast as possible to 55 or so, group in CoM, then KC, then Sebilis.

The problem with farming big plat items is... oh yeah, not just anyone of any level can turn up :p

Ravager
02-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Cash is far easier to get in your 50's than your 40's. Exp in places with good zem until your 50's and you'll make plat and levels faster than nickle and diming specs.

webrunner5
02-23-2014, 12:18 PM
Just go to Wiki Gear and check what drops what. IF, and I mean IF you think you can go kill it at your level have at it. Simple as that.

Most BIG end stuff comes from mobs a LOT higher than you. So, yeah your Fungi is NEVER going to be yours solo as of a few patches ago. Wasn't really solo-able before that. Go for the FBSS, Gator Legs, AC for J Boots, etc. .

Solb
02-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Just go to Wiki Gear and check what drops what. IF, and I mean IF you think you can go kill it at your level have at it. Simple as that.

Most BIG end stuff comes from mobs a LOT higher than you. So, yeah your Fungi is NEVER going to be yours solo as of a few patches ago. Wasn't really solo-able before that. Go for the FBSS, Gator Legs, AC for J Boots, etc. .

Yeah, I see now. I guess I will press my levels higher, and then see what happens once I am 53-55 or so. I just feel like a gimp without a fungi. lol

Byrjun
02-23-2014, 01:31 PM
You could do frenzy or king/tactician maybe.

Focus on getting your epic over anything else right now, since that thing will power level you to 60. Then you can camp stuff like fungis.

Solb
02-23-2014, 01:37 PM
You could do frenzy or king/tactician maybe.

Focus on getting your epic over anything else right now, since that thing will power level you to 60. Then you can camp stuff like fungis.

I am reading about shaman epic now, in between posting crap on the forums and reading other crap on the forums. What I am confused by is, I have seen some people grind one part of the epic faction quests, the one in BBM specifically. I seen a troll from TMO spawn the mob, then gate back to freeport, and then they had a druid port them back to BBM, over and over. I couldn't get this part started because they were grinding that faction part... Anyway, my point is, what is more efficient, doing what they did, or should I do the faction quests of the epic as it is written in that order?

Sinestria
02-23-2014, 01:39 PM
I think the most efficient would be CoM pages. XP + faction = win

Solb
02-23-2014, 01:43 PM
I think the most efficient would be CoM pages. XP + faction = win

Ok, so, what does this entail? getting all the pages, then turning them in, and then getting them again, and turning them in? repeating this part? And, how many times would i have to do that, if i did it that way? Thanks for the response btw.

blondeattk
02-23-2014, 01:58 PM
`Specs drop bronze scythes (4pp), `

erm where? i went to oasis to make quick 150pp yesterday and ended up staying for 2hrs+ NO bronze dropped. was either rusty or the 12pp one.

One obscure way to make pp is to do bits of class quest armour. HOwever it takes alot of analysis to work out which ones to go for. Although totemic sells for most pp, its also more painful than other options. (dont mention bears to me!)
wiki makes it easy to sift through all the quests...
I wont spoon feed you, but heres a tip...ignore the ranger ones :P

Sinestria
02-23-2014, 02:00 PM
At 40-50 you could also kill hill giants in Rathe for your quick 150pp

Byrjun
02-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Ok, so, what does this entail? getting all the pages, then turning them in, and then getting them again, and turning them in? repeating this part? And, how many times would i have to do that, if i did it that way? Thanks for the response btw.

Do the epic normally up to turning in Black Dire pelt. This is where you get the step to collect pages from CoM.

Bind at the spirit in EJ and go solo/group in CoM and pick up rotting pages. Combine one set, and then pick up a new set so you can do 2 turn ins per gate. Once you get the "your faction cannot possibly get any better" message, all you need to do is loot the Child's Tear from Fear, turn it into Rak, kill him, and turn in the Iksar Scale for your epic.

This skips a bunch of stuff like The Hole and Neh Ashiir, so if you want to do the epic "as intended" don't do the faction skip method.

Iirc, it's approximately 8 turn ins to max faction. Maybe a bit more.

Solb
02-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Do the epic normally up to turning in Black Dire pelt. This is where you get the step to collect pages from CoM.

Bind at the spirit in EJ and go solo/group in CoM and pick up rotting pages. Combine one set, and then pick up a new set so you can do 2 turn ins per gate. Once you get the "your faction cannot possibly get any better" message, all you need to do is loot the Child's Tear from Fear, turn it into Rak, kill him, and turn in the Iksar Scale for your epic.

This skips a bunch of stuff like The Hole and Neh Ashiir, so if you want to do the epic "as intended" don't do the faction skip method.

Iirc, it's approximately 8 turn ins to max faction. Maybe a bit more.

Wow! thanks for this. I am printing this out, lol. I always was unclear how to streamline this but you explain it perfectly. Thanks man.

manastone22
02-24-2014, 12:21 PM
I strongly recommend doing the epic the right way up to getting the CoM pages. Just so you can get your shield and free SoW booties.

HOWEVER: You can save a TON of time, by doing BBM kill and turn in to Freeport over and over and then just do EJ books in CoM.

Your call either way, but Shaman is a fun class, enjoy taking the time playing the toon up.