PDA

View Full Version : Will a guide remove a poorly chosen surname?

Solb
02-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Just curious if guides will allow for a surname change or removal... One that is not in violation of policy, just not in taste of the player who originally created the surname.

Bill Tetley
02-23-2014, 10:05 AM
Yes. The character must be in game for them to remove the name.

Rhambuk
02-23-2014, 10:08 AM
yeah just petition

Thulack
02-23-2014, 10:12 AM
Yes. The character must be in game for them to remove the name.

Don't have to be ingame. Ive had my surname stripped while offline. Usually still end up in WFP though.

Solb
02-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Awesome thanks for the answers.

Bill Tetley
02-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Don't have to be ingame. Ive had my surname stripped while offline. Usually still end up in WFP though.

Well I guess the GMs lied to me the 3 times over the last 3 years I've had my surnamed changed/removed and that you are much wiser than us all.

Silent
02-23-2014, 11:25 AM
It is easier if you are in game, From what I understand the reason why GM's say you have to be online is because you actually do. It is no different from when Sirken or someone takes over a persons character summons items back onto it or does whatever ive seen him do in the past on his streams while he was talking. If they were on your character then yeah the surname could be changed, Otherwise it is just more simple for you to be online and them to type a command to do it since I am pretty sure guides do not have the power to summon items or login characters like higher up admins do.

joppykid
02-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Well I guess the GMs lied to me the 3 times over the last 3 years I've had my surnamed changed/removed and that you are much wiser than us all.

I've also had it removed while offline. Didn't end up in wfp though.

Rogean
02-23-2014, 12:15 PM
I am pretty sure guides do not have the power to summon items or login characters like higher up admins do.

Hollywood
02-23-2014, 12:17 PM

Sirken would respond but..in truth... he needs to ...

http://i59.tinypic.com/mh7hj.jpg

Rogean is here.

Sadre Spinegnawer
02-23-2014, 01:49 PM
Not really the gm's fault you made a wood elf bard and chose the last name "timberlake."

Solb
02-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Not really the gm's fault you made a wood elf bard and chose the last name "timberlake."

That would be an awesome surname for a wood elf, and I would never change it if that were the case.