PDA

View Full Version : New Loginserver / SMS Testing

Rogean
02-23-2014, 09:15 AM
We are implementing a new Loginserver system that will contain new SMS features, such as Password Reset.

The system is currently live for testing. You can access it while being logged in from the front page with links on the left side, or with this link: Play Guide (http://www.project1999.com/account/?Play)

We would like people to test all aspects of the system, and report any issues (especially blank white pages) to me in a PM.

None of the changes made on the beta system will affect the live loginserver system, and all changes will be lost.

There is also a test loginserver running off the beta database. It can be accessed by changing your EQHost.txt file to point at login2.eqemulator.net:5998.

Thanks!

Faerie
02-23-2014, 09:18 AM
Awesome Rogean. I look forward to you putting this to good use :)

Thanks for all your work!

Rhambuk
02-23-2014, 11:24 AM
This is great!

so SMS has to be tied to the eqemu login account through the eqemu website?

IE only the person who has info currently can add the sms? Was just wondering about old accounts that were sold back when it was legal and the original owners trying to switch the pw through sms to steal back the account

Rogean
02-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Account sales were never supported by the staff.

With that said, if the old owner still has access to the eqemulator account, they could take it back.

Rhambuk
02-23-2014, 11:30 AM

With that said, if the old owner still has access to the eqemulator account, they could take it back.

RNF Drama otw!

dax
02-23-2014, 11:31 AM

I feel the pain of many souls...

Rogean
02-23-2014, 11:32 AM
Honestly how could you purchase an account and not secure the eqemulator forum associated with it?

Their fault for stupidity.

jarinaEQ1
02-23-2014, 11:37 AM
Step 1 to 4 done succefully

Tiggles
02-23-2014, 11:37 AM
I can assure you Heallun has never been bought or sold. And yeah, that's kind of why escrow was such a big thing during account sales. To have one party have both eqemu logins, change the passwords, then transfer the accounts. Bob's business was based on trust, too, so it would've been counterintuitive for him to take an account.

Never been bought or sold but it was whored out like a motherfucker. I remember you complaining that you could never leave the guild Shinko was in because you couldn't change the password and you where afraid of it being stripped because half the guild had access.

I thought you got Uthgaard to recreate Heallun on another account so you could change the password. Or did you continue to whore out your character afterwards?

Rhambuk
02-23-2014, 11:38 AM

/whistle

Thulack
02-23-2014, 11:38 AM
Honestly how could you purchase an account and not secure the eqemulator forum associated with it?

^This.

I bought and sold plenty of accounts here and never once did so without Emu info. Thats just stupid.

Rhambuk
02-23-2014, 11:41 AM
^This.

I bought and sold plenty of accounts here and never once did so without Emu info. Thats just stupid.

wait wait wait wait... People actually bought login accounts WITHOUT the eqemu account?

WTS NK/SK Bridge Cheap!

Babayaaga
02-23-2014, 11:50 AM
At the risk of sounding redundant, how will this affect Mac/Wine users (if at all)? Is this part of the EQEmu Launcher?

fishingme
02-23-2014, 11:55 AM
Whored when I took breaks. Clearly this is yet my fault and I have no problems admitting that, I'm just asking for help in fixing it. If not, I understand, but it does not hurt to occasionally ask.

I think if I was in your position and if i couldn't remember the emu login/pw, then both were probably changed on you from someone that you gave your info out to. I'd just delete the char, save name on a new account to re-roll.

Rogean
02-23-2014, 12:09 PM
Let's keep this thread on topic.

Thrilla
02-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Can you unlink a phone # later on and link a new one? What if you change providers and you can't carry over your phone # for whatever reason, that account is stuck with the old phone # foreva?

Nuggie
02-23-2014, 12:22 PM
I just wonder why so many people give their info to other players? Other than someone I know IRL, or a family member, I personally would never give my account info to anyone.

Won't give mine to anyone that isn't in driving distance. The ability to punch someone in the face makes me feel more comfortable trusting them. Also, it takes the anonymity away from the internet.

dethbringre
02-23-2014, 12:36 PM
Just ran through the beta, seemed to work fine on my end. No problems with SMS system, email verification worked fine. Gonna screw with it an see if I can find an issue for ya while servers are down :)

fishingme
02-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Can you unlink a phone # later on and link a new one? What if you change providers and you can't carry over your phone # for whatever reason, that account is stuck with the old phone # foreva?

If the SMS has been implimented for the reason that I think it is, you should be able to change the number at least two or three times.

Yinaltin
02-23-2014, 12:44 PM
what about phone number hijacks , sms spoofing , caller id spoofing ? having your number in a batphone list for example, people with the right mindset can get your number id and hijack it to redirect the sms to their own phone. makes it even easier to steal an account that way.
just curious how you will deal with that.

Rogean
02-23-2014, 12:45 PM
what about phone number hijacks , sms spoofing , caller id spoofing ? having your number in a batphone list for example, people with the right mindset can get your number id and hijack it to redirect the sms to their own phone. makes it even easier to steal an account that way.
just curious how you will deal with that.

Do you even know what you are talking about?

deezy
02-23-2014, 12:48 PM
I was able to complete steps 1 through 4.

Yinaltin
02-23-2014, 12:58 PM
yes i do. pm me if you want more info.

Rogean
02-23-2014, 12:59 PM
yes i do. pm me if you want more info.

Why would I do that?

Mezzmur
02-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Worked for me; Can I link multiple EQMu/Login Accounts to one Forum Account & Phone?

Kanigit
02-23-2014, 02:00 PM
Use a third party SMS client like GroupMe (https://groupme.com/) versus giving out personal info. Plus, if you loose your device it's easy to login to the service on your PC to disconnect and add to another phone/tablet/etc.

Traxan
02-23-2014, 02:25 PM
worked perfectly!:)

Darkyle
02-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Well I have an unsecure email address attached to my mains account, this email was hacked a few months back and I could not regain control of it ( my stupid fault because I should of updated the security questions and alternative email address as these were way out of date ) and I cannot change the email attached to it because that is currently disabled on EMU... whats the ETA on the email address being able to be modified?

Not that I think I'm at risk of losing my account to this as my email was probably hacked by god knows what spam company, but even so it is nice for peace of mind.

Mirox
02-23-2014, 11:59 PM
Was able to reset password using sms np at all. When I tried to use the new password using the login2 test server, it did not accept the password that I reset them to though.

No blank pages.

Rogean
02-24-2014, 12:05 AM
Was able to reset password using sms np at all. When I tried to use the new password using the login2 test server, it did not accept the password that I reset them to though.

No blank pages.

Ah the test LS lost connection. It's good now.

Mirox
02-24-2014, 12:08 AM
Yay they worked. I can't wait to be able to finally play on my old account again! Spent so much time on it and used keep pass to store the account password and then forgot to save it :O

Thanks Rogean!

Popt
02-24-2014, 12:11 AM
"EQEmulator Hash Verified. Please click the link from the Project 1999 email." is what it tells me when i click the link sent to my e-mail

Rogean
02-24-2014, 12:35 AM
Popt, if the email address on your EQEmulator and P1999 forum accounts are different, you will get an email to each address that you will need to click a link inside of.

Popt
02-24-2014, 12:54 AM
Ok got it. thanks

Rheaume
02-24-2014, 12:54 AM
Done!

Gnam
02-24-2014, 08:56 AM
Been through it a few times. Works like a charm!

Tiggles
02-24-2014, 01:26 PM
Worked for me, Really cool system rogean.

Question though what happens if you get your forum account banned or some sort? will that negatively affect your Play account?

I'm all for having some sort of accountability for your forum persona attached in game but I'd like to know ahead of time if that is something coming down the line?

thieros
02-24-2014, 01:50 PM
ohio, usa worked great. take it live!

Darkyle
02-24-2014, 03:00 PM
So email changing isnt going to be back in anytime soon then?

Naum
02-25-2014, 09:21 PM
Works like a charm all the way to Sweden.
Thanks for bringing me some hope <3

jaybone
02-26-2014, 02:43 PM

Even if you secure the eqemulator forum account changing emails is disabled no? So the OO could just password recovery the eqemulator account and go from there since their email would still be linked?

thieros
02-26-2014, 02:44 PM
false

jaybone
02-26-2014, 02:50 PM
false

i literally just recovered my password to my own EQemulator account. Not sure whats false about that?

Vile
02-26-2014, 02:53 PM
steps 1-4 completed

entranzed
03-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Hi i am trying to play p99 but I cant get a download I checked ebay and amazon they are like 100 $ thats stupid could some one help me out ??

bomaroast
03-02-2014, 03:29 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Don't help this guy. Everyone has got to figure out how to get the client on their own. This type of stuff will get eqemu shut down.

windex
05-06-2014, 09:33 PM
what happens when you loose say your phone or you have to change your number for say person reasons? and now you cannot change the sms number that your own emu account is linked to....