PDA

View Full Version : gear for a new warrior

purpherb
02-21-2014, 09:45 PM
What is the best affordable gear for a new warrior. I have about 100pp saved up and are still in cloth. Wondering what I should be aiming to get it if there is a certain quest to grind out.

I have been in bb and have enough to make a patched gnoll fur tunic. Besides that I have heard to farm bears in dc to save up for a jade sword or something like that. Any other tips for a new warrior? I'm am a barbarian fyi.

BarackObooma
02-21-2014, 11:07 PM
I'd recommend going to the tank forum, there's probably dozens of posts on this subject but since you're here...

I'd use 75-80pp of your 100pp stash for a full set of banded armor. That will last you a long time. There are lots of very cheap weapons out there. Just watch the auctions in EC to get an idea.

You want +5 AC hp 55 rings asap. They're 500pp for a set.

Start killing spiderlings and save your low/med/HQ pelts.

BarackObooma
02-21-2014, 11:15 PM
Since you're in the Everfrost/Qeynos Hills area...

Kill tons of polar bear cubs. The polar bear pelt sells for 30pp each really easily. They're used for the Leatherfoot Raider WC port hat.

Killing the rabid wolves (there's two spawns in QH near the Qeynos zoneline) for their pelt and when you're high enough the rabid grizzly. The pelts you turn in at the UFO in Qeynos for 2pp each and the bear you also get a spell that vendors for almost another 2pp. With 6 min respawns, it can add up quickly.

There is also a gnoll hunter that spawns frequently. He drops one half of a staff each time, top or bottom (they are lore). You may have to kill him 3-4x to get both halves. You turn that in to Corun something in Surefall Glade and get a crappy 1hb back but 2-9pp.

If you're high enough, there are poachers in SGF also. The gnoll poacher drops his head. You turn that in and get a bow that vendors for 2pp (or you can use it). The other two poachers drop an insignificant amount of coin (it's being fixed, it should be 7g each but is like 2s now) but you do get experience/faction.

When you're high enough you can kill willowisps. The greater lightstones are turned in for a container you can vendor for 9-10pp each in NK at the gypsy camp.

The bandits in WK drop bronze weapons and also sashes you can turn in for a bronze weapon/faction/exp in Qeynos.