PDA

View Full Version : Keep getting disconnected

saedain
02-20-2014, 12:39 PM
Hey guys,

I keep having an issue where i get disconnected from the server pretty often. I am playing an enchanter now and charming pets has become very risky for me because of the frequent D/C. I was wondering if anyone had any solutions to this or has encountered it before that could help me work through this.

I play on my MacBookPro laptop using the wineskin setup that was introduced on one of the forum threads. I don't think my internet at my house is an issue, so was just wondering if anyone had any ideas!

Thanks !

Socratic
02-20-2014, 12:57 PM
Let me make my crapple comment just to get it out of the way.

Ok,

So generally what I've found with EQ is that most problems can be fixed through the eqclient.ini or directing your client to use only one core (in Windows I run EQ using a batch file that assigns a core).

It's been a long time since I have messed with my config but from what I remember these are the settings that helped me.

eqclient.ini :

Sound=FALSE
TextureQuality=1
VertexShaders=FALSE
20PixelShaders=FALSE
14PixelShaders=FALSE
1xPixelShaders=TRUE
MultiPassLighting=FALSE
UseLitBatches=FALSE
ShowDynamicLights=FALSE

IIRC setting all but 1xPixelShaders to FALSE was a big one.

As for using one core I don't know how that works given your machine, but google should help you out.

I can mention firewall/router stuff but you've probably already looked at that.

quido
02-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Lots of people have been having connection issues today. Crashing to login before reaching character select, crashing on zoning, etc etc. I guess it's been pretty bad

Yaolin
02-20-2014, 01:00 PM
I have been DC'ing like a boss lately, normally when I'm swapping between characters, but lately it has been when I am zoning. Something is fubar. I might have DC'd 3x in my first 10months on the server, the last month or two I have DC'd probably 20+ times.

quido
02-21-2014, 09:09 AM
Bump for standing issue.

I now crash about half the time while trying to get to character select, and about half the time when trying to load a zone (whether zoning or loading for the first time). This means about 1 in 4 of my initial loads are successful.

The fact that this also happens while loading my own server and not just p99/r99 leads me to believe that it is a loginserver issue - however, this doesn't explain crashing while zoning.

Will make a bug report soon unless staff feels like addressing it here.

Took
02-21-2014, 09:15 AM
Didn't you QUIT EVERQUEST BRO

quido
02-21-2014, 09:18 AM
Logging into p99 mostly for research towards my own server project - most time spent in Guk.

Though I have been to two blue raids recently to try to foster relations with my pals in FE.

Will still play red very slightly (repops basically)

Took
02-21-2014, 09:22 AM
Saw you creeping on red this morning nice Azrael tag you traitor scum :(

quido
02-21-2014, 09:41 AM
I like red dawn and it's nothing personal, but I'm not allying with Nihilum in the least.

webrunner5
02-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Saw you creeping on red this morning nice Azrael tag you traitor scum :(

It's nice to be loved. :p

quido
02-21-2014, 09:40 PM
Anyone else experiencing this?

It's just weird that I was mostly fine, and as of 3 days ago I'm mostly not fine.

saedain
02-21-2014, 10:42 PM
Its very odd. im getting that too

quido
02-21-2014, 10:51 PM
Who is your ISP Saedain?

saedain
02-21-2014, 11:01 PM
comcast xfinity

quido
02-22-2014, 06:47 AM
Yeah same - maybe that's the issue.

quido
02-22-2014, 09:06 AM
Also prevalent since these problems began are red "Large warp detected" messages quite frequently.

The problem is getting worse (I'm now loading on about 1 out of 8 attempts). Will be bug-reporting it today and referencing this thread, so please post here if you are experiencing the same issue. Perhaps include your ISP and your location.

Comcast, Michigan

Skillslam
02-26-2014, 05:32 PM
Can't even play, getting DCed within 30 seconds of login

Cuntcast, NJ

edit: Not having this problem on EQ live

edit 2: It's only happening to 1 character that was just made today.