PDA

View Full Version : Can not connect from work- VPN Help plz

Evilmog
08-08-2010, 04:49 AM
Yes yes, I know that my ports are blocked and all due to the proxy required to access the net from here.

Anyways, I read through a bunch of other posts suggesting VPNs but no real method as to how to implement it.

Here's what I've been trying, pretty sure i know where the error is falling just can't seem to get around that:

Most software that offers VPN connections (Logmein, TightVNC and the such) either don't see my work computer online, or won't allow the outgoing connection. However, I was suggested Teamviewer 5.0, worked like a charm as far as remoting and VPN goes. Been remoting in to play lately, but for anyone that has tried that, yeah no dice.

So anyways, I'm assuming the next step is to share the internet connection at my house with the VPN right? Well there's my issue, I have logmein at my house as a network connection as well as the Teamviewer VPN. I can share out the connection to Logmein no problem, but I get a 'Null' error when I try to share it to Teamviewer, more or less due to the fact that Win 7 Pro 64x has trouble identifing what kind of network it is (Either private or public) just sits there trying to identify it.

So I'm just wondering if the steps I've taken (VPN through Teamveiwer and share out the connection) is accurate, and wtf do I do about Windows figuring out what type of network it is.

On a side note, I actually tried the easy way and just address it with the SA here. He sympathized with me since he was a gamer too (Hot shit) but he said if he did that, I wouldn't be the only one that would lose their job. In other words, he's just covering his ass cause I already asked my manager if I could inquire about doing it cause the weekends are mind numbingly boring and she said go for it :D

veoeluz
08-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Well, If you're not that concerned about your job, I'll take it! :D Just graduated and can't seem to get a position anywhere. Kinda sucks. But! If you give your job to me, you can play from home! And I have a job! :) We both win from this.. give it some thought...

Evilmog
08-08-2010, 07:44 AM
I already asked my manager if I could inquire about doing it cause the weekends are mind numbingly boring and she said go for it :D

Given the structure of my company it'll go my manager first before any higher ups find out...So I'll still have a job :) The SA wont for opening it though lol

georgecampbell
10-17-2014, 10:16 AM
Try using a RHUB remote support server and see if you can access your work computer remotely.