PDA

View Full Version : Obscure but good solo spots?

Roth
02-20-2014, 11:07 AM
The one I'm at right now, which I'd consider awesome, is the brutes right outside dalnir. If you're a level 30 they will all con dark blue and you can single pull any of them that you want to. You have a safe spot right at dalnir zone line and there's basically no risk of death.

Anyone else have anymore like this? Especially higher up ones.

Byrjun
02-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Definitely not obscure, but I'd challenge anyone to level as quickly as my Rogue did from 38-47 at the Yeti caves in DL. For those 10 or so levels, a geared out Rogue has got to be the best solo class in the game, just because that camp exists.

Coridan
02-20-2014, 11:13 AM
I was a big fan of aviaks in Rathetear back in the day fof a lower level one (high teens I think)

Lamil
02-20-2014, 11:20 AM
I'll second the Yetis in DL.. there are two sets in different lvl ranges also which means you can hang there for awhile.

Daldaen
02-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Kedge Keep.

Too many fear it. Too many don't understand it. Too many can't swim or breathe underwater.

But those that can, thrive.

Lojik
02-20-2014, 11:48 AM
I think all the best min/max solo spots like yeti/brute caves are not really obscure anymore after 5 years on an emulated server. One spot I camped on live that i have NEVER seen camped here is the troll guard camp spot in Rathe. Two spawn every 6 min or so, not bad for the right classes and if you're not twinked out.

BattleToad
02-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Gorge Hounds in East Karana for your 20's.
Giant Skeletons in Rathe Mountains for 25-30
Yeti's in DL are amazing.

Velerin
02-20-2014, 11:52 AM
KC LCY camp..

heh jk. One of my favorite little quiet spots as a mage is the hornets' nest in BW. Nothing other than bees. There's some safe spots to pull near the wall and nothing else other than bees. Summoned nukes work on them too!

Fregar
02-20-2014, 11:59 AM
WW brutes is a well known spot, but ya it's not as mainstream as some others.

I've never done it myself, but the iksar cave between swamp of no hope and trakanon teeth look like an interesting spot. (for lvl... 24ish??)
I don't know if they're spaced enough to be single pulled though, but I'd like to hear from someone who tried them.

koros
02-20-2014, 12:06 PM
How's the xp bonus in kedge these days? I haven't grinded there since pre-kunark, but damn was it fast soloing there on a shaman around level 40.

Daldaen
02-20-2014, 12:10 PM
It's one of the best in game. Kedge is a boss zone that can facilitate probably 1 group at a seahorse caves, 1 group at mermaids, 1 group at patriarch/cauldronboil/frenzied/ferocious, and 1 group at entrance/2nd floor.

Or a few duo pairs/Druid soloers at each.

Laugher
02-20-2014, 12:14 PM
I know someone else said it already but DL yetis are good til 47ish, did those on my druid for a few days n got 35-47 on dbl xp week last summer haha

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-20-2014, 12:15 PM
FV cliff, pirates and stuff.

Maximius
02-20-2014, 12:36 PM
As a necro I've always been a big fan of killing guards. Newbie areas have ZEM so killing guards can be killer XP.

Misty Thicket 25-35 - some of the fastest xp ive ever seen
Rivervale 35+ - more of the same, but harder
East/West Freeport 35-55 - lots of guards at lots of different level ranges. xp is workable until 55.
Butcherblock docks 40s - forget when i did this, but xp is solid. spawn times are a bit slow though.
Ogguk - when specs are camped

indiscriminate_hater
02-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Gator pool in cazic thule

letsallkillandy
02-20-2014, 07:04 PM
Definitely not obscure, but I'd challenge anyone to level as quickly as my Rogue did from 38-47 at the Yeti caves in DL. For those 10 or so levels, a geared out Rogue has got to be the best solo class in the game, just because that camp exists.

I assume a geared out monk will do well there as well?

Sinestria
02-20-2014, 07:14 PM
I assume a geared out monk will do well there as well?

If you are able to split the entire cave fast enough you can kill with no down time with intimidation. The best non-stop XP I have ever seen

baalzy
02-20-2014, 07:25 PM
Faerie Guards in Lesser Faydark. They're 24-26. I did these 25-30 (and could have kept going but was bored of the camp) on my iksar necro while simultaneously farming Mina Glimmerwing for red wood wands. They're rangers & like to spam little 37point nukes & have really low hp. At 25 I could basically tap-tank them if I wanted to (by kiting, they physically hit pretty hard but stop to cast their weak spells so often its really easy to keep distance).

Theres a single pull next to a tree and then if you're good with FD splitting you can split out one or two others while waiting on repops. Not the fastest XP at 25 because its hard to get the split (lots of light blue/green Faeries will add when you try to pull) but at 27 the faeries quit assisting.

The guards will assist on each other & the little faeries so it can get to be a bit of a mess. If you do it right though you can keep the mina PHs down (if she pops, nobody assists her) as well as 2 guards & gearheart pretty easily. Just be aware that the guards are on a 15 min timer while gearheart & the lower level faeries are all on a 6 min repop. This can make things a tiny bit tricky but once you get it down it's fine. I'd use the fact that gearheart will assist the mina PH to pull him after FD splitting & killing the 1 guard that is close enough to assist it. Drop a weak snare on the maiden, sick pet on it. Target & darkness gearheart. Backup & fear him then dot him up. Sick pet when the maiden is dead. It's super important to keep the faerie guard dead as soon as it repops so you don't have to re-split. Basically gives you a 6min lvl 25 warrior to continuously kill and 2 easily pulled guards on 12-15 min timers to cycle in. Enough to keep you busy at least.

A druid could do well here because of harmony, able to single pull. I know rangers need faerie faction for the Rain Caller quest but I don't think there is any other reason to keep your faction with them.

It's not an amazing xp camp, I was doing it because I wanted the wands & gaining some levels on an alt instead of camping w/ my high level seemed like a reasonable win-win.

baalzy
02-20-2014, 07:55 PM
If you are able to split the entire cave fast enough you can kill with no down time with intimidation. The best non-stop XP I have ever seen

Should be noted: Only possible because intimidation is insanely broken right now (shouldn't be instant, shouldn't add a snare component & should go off the animation which can be interrupted and involves a kick component that shares BS/Flying kick timer and can miss).

Dezik
02-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Should be noted: Only possible because intimidation is insanely broken right now (shouldn't be instant, shouldn't add a snare component & should go off the animation which can be interrupted and involves a kick component that shares BS/Flying kick timer and can miss).

Balanced by the fact that it only really works from the mid 30's to mid 40's after which it is completely useless again.

letsallkillandy
02-20-2014, 09:07 PM
Balanced by the fact that it only really works from the mid 30's to mid 40's after which it is completely useless again.

Why does it become completely useless?

pharmakos
02-20-2014, 09:34 PM
there's four spectres in the qeynos catacombs, very close to the zoneline below the warrior's guild in south qeynos

they come two at a time if you don't have a way to split them, though

Kender
02-20-2014, 10:19 PM
Why does it become completely useless?

because the mobs hit harder and reset intimidate alot more. more time tanking and less time fear kiting.

the higher the mobs are above level 38 the less intimidate works

Vhayne
02-21-2014, 01:06 AM
1. There used to be a gnome in Ak'anon I camped for a short while, probably a decade ago. Just the one though. Was a very quiet, and easy camp. Mostly because his pathing was all screwed up. You'd snare him, dot him up, then strafe over one step, and he would have to path back to his spawn and take a different direct route to get to you. Then you'd just strafe back the other way, and he'd repeat lol. But I cannot remember his name.

But I suppose that's a bit of an exploit. Well, this was all before things like that were considered exploits. Anyone remember killed FP guards while being up on the broken walls? haha. They put a stop to all of that.....thankfully.

2. The hermit in SK. Not sure if he works on this server though.

3. Fear gate chic and specs. Can't remember her name. Good exp though.

4. Someone already mentioned dalnir cave brutes.

5. Goblins underwater in Lake of Ill Omen. I remember spending quite a bit of time solo camping those at some point.

6. Guy in FP Inn. Good low level, solo camp.

7. Any city guards that you don't care to lose faction with. (can also be a great source of income).

8. Brownie camp in Lfay.

9. Goblins underwater in Oasis.

I can't really think of any more. The bards were camped a lot, but I would guess they were fairly popular. Probably some on my list were as well.

But that's half the fun of EQ. Finding new crap to kill and discovering new camps on your own.

bartly
02-21-2014, 02:43 AM
Not sure why you would do brutes over the giant forts?

Sure its tougher to escape but the giants drop vendor trash worth a ton, and the occasional forest loop or treeweave.

I'd start camping giants in frontier mts, then dreadlands, then burning woods.

P99 drop rate is a lot lower than live or eqmac but its still not terrible.

Swish
02-21-2014, 03:09 AM
For SKs/necros:-

Felwithe guards (47-53), not the ones at the zone in/bridge... go to the next zone across (caster guild) and do the guards there.

1 wanderer (Plage)
3 1x outside each guild door (all path down to the pond)
2 up the stupid ramp to the building that'll need splitting, but can be ignored if you don't want to do them.

Plenty of room to fear kite if brought to the zone line. Never tried it on a SK but it works great as a necro... must keep them feared/snared or they'll heal and be annoying :)

Sell (and gate if you can) at Steamfont druid rings

TheRusty
02-21-2014, 03:17 AM
I rather liked the higher-level skeletons in Najena, the ones for the ghoulbane quest. Nobody was EVER in there, and the ZEM was good. They were slight undercons, which gave a nice bit of challenge to the camp.

Slaughtering everything in Kerra Isle was always good as well.

My favorite, though, was guard-hunting in Felwithe. The XP wasn't bad, there's plenty of them, and the loot! 22+ PP per kill, yes please

Ozz
02-21-2014, 03:49 AM

+1

Wudan
02-21-2014, 04:52 AM
Swamp of no hope

Skeletons near fv zone
Iksar bandits near pillar

There is nothing more obscure than sonh

triad
02-21-2014, 05:02 AM

1 the are wars so no casting 2 they have the lowest hp from any other mob ive looked up their level

Swish
02-21-2014, 05:08 AM
Slaughtering everything in Kerra Isle was always good as well.

Clark
02-21-2014, 08:16 AM
Feerrott Spectres, Highkeep, Lguk, Solb, CoM, DL, WFP Guards all good 30-50ish.