PDA

View Full Version : Enc farming

DevGrousis
02-19-2014, 07:55 PM
Where are some good spots for a 42 enchanter to farm? Need money to re-gear myself with CHA.

Thanks!

baalzy
02-19-2014, 08:02 PM
If ya don't care about the faction loss, halfling guards inside rivervale net 11p a kill and will still give you xp. You could also look into the types of items you're wanting and farm them yourself, lotta good +cha items on lowish mobs.

DevGrousis
02-19-2014, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I'm going to try and do the Rod of Insidious Glamor quest, and go to Unrest for the Opaline Earrings

Will killing halflings now have any implications on me, later?

Tecmos Deception
02-19-2014, 09:46 PM
Their clerics would hate you forever. You can fix the other halfling factions with charm/illusions/etc and a lot of bandages, iirc.

You should be able to get like +90 charisma without paying for any of it if you want to do a lot of running and camping. Opalline earrings, incandescent mask, JCed neck+wrists+rings, rod of insidious glamour, crude stein, drake-hide legs... that's over 80 already. Some of the slots are hard/impossible to find charisma for though, but you can find decent other pieces like braided cinch cord, gatorscale arms, mystic cloak/hooded black cloak, and stuff like that for them.

Kender
02-19-2014, 09:50 PM
Their clerics would hate you forever. You can fix the other halfling factions with charm/illusions/etc and a lot of bandages, iirc.

You should be able to get like +90 charisma without paying for any of it if you want to do a lot of running and camping. Opalline earrings, incandescent mask, JCed neck+wrists+rings, rod of insidious glamour, crude stein, drake-hide legs... that's over 80 already. Some of the slots are hard/impossible to find charisma for though, but you can find decent other pieces like braided cinch cord, gatorscale arms, mystic cloak/hooded black cloak, and stuff like that for them.

good luck getting that stuff for free

Tecmos Deception
02-19-2014, 10:02 PM
good luck getting that stuff for free

I meant without forking over amounts that are unrealistic for a level 42 enchanter to have already or be able to make, sorry. Charisma JC stuff is cheap. Like 500pp to get nearly ~40 charisma.

Swish
02-19-2014, 10:02 PM
Siryn Hair Hood, never forget pals ^^

fastboy21
02-19-2014, 11:24 PM
Honestly, the best thing you can do to gear up your toon is just level. With levels come access to money and gear far easier than spending tons of time farming at low lvls.

Especially with a chanter, by the time you get to lvl 50+ you have many many locations that you can solo to your hearts content to make money or gear upgrades.

vageta31
02-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Don't forget the Gypsy Medallion in N. Karana for a whopping 9 cha. If you can get a group in the entrance to the Hole(don't remember if 42 is too low for this) you can probably get a bunch of Loam Encrusted. The boots give like 8 cha if I remember correctly.

If you're unguilded it might be tough, but get into Hate asap. Insidious Halo has ridiculous cha on it, not to mention the robe.

Swish
02-19-2014, 11:39 PM
Honestly, the best thing you can do to gear up your toon is just level.

Get to 53-54, get into Sebilis. Profit. Enchanters always in demand.

Porcoa
02-19-2014, 11:48 PM
Yeah, I'm going to try and do the Rod of Insidious Glamor quest, and go to Unrest for the Opaline Earrings

Will killing halflings now have any implications on me, later?

Make sure your faction is good enough to do the quest... I did the hand in for the rod last night and apparently I didn't have enough faction to get the quest/reward. In hindsight, I should have hailed the NPC first and went through the dialogue to make sure I could get the quest. I have to do that shit all over again.

Sebekkha
02-20-2014, 03:37 AM
I have a sirin hair hood you can have for free , just find me in game , that's if you need it mate

Miser
02-20-2014, 05:24 AM
Ench is one of the few (maybe only?) classes where, "Get your levels,... the gear and ha-whatnot comes later!", is pretty much wrong. The gear is super cheap and makes you level WAY faster.

Tecmos Deception
02-20-2014, 07:14 AM
Ench is one of the few (maybe only?) classes where, "Get your levels,... the gear and ha-whatnot comes later!", is pretty much wrong. The gear is super cheap and makes you level WAY faster.

Yeah, I think this is pretty accurate. It's not like warriors where the gear is so crucial to the class being functional, but the difference between 150 charisma and 230 charisma is pretty big. And that 80 charisma, like we've said, is very cheap compared to buying that much gear for other classes.

I mean, if you're going to be grouping to xp on a chanter charisma is less of a big deal. It's still important (it seems to me that charisma makes mezzes significantly harder to resist), but not ridiculously vital like it is for a solo chanter (lull crit fails and charms).

DevGrousis
02-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Ok, so i spent last night collecting some CHA items. So far i've managed to get my CHA up to 172 unbuffed via Crude Stein, Electrum Star Ruby Rings x2, Golden Cat Eye Bracelet x2, Cat Eye Plat Necklace, Opalline Earrings x2, Siryn Hair Hood (assuming I can find the kind gentleman who offered it to me), and Incandescent Mask.

That leaves Back, shoulders, chest, arms, belt, legs, feet, gloves, and primary with nada

Primary, i'm gonna go for glamor rod, so that is taken care of. Any ideas on some cheap items, that fill those slots, or items that will be easy to farm at lvl 42?

Tecmos Deception
02-20-2014, 03:28 PM
Drake-scale legs (or something like that, they're in sola) are the only charisma item for those slots that isn't rather expensive, I think.

baalzy
02-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Ok, so i spent last night collecting some CHA items. So far i've managed to get my CHA up to 172 unbuffed via Crude Stein, Electrum Star Ruby Rings x2, Golden Cat Eye Bracelet x2, Cat Eye Plat Necklace, Opalline Earrings x2, Siryn Hair Hood (assuming I can find the kind gentleman who offered it to me), and Incandescent Mask.

That leaves Back, shoulders, chest, arms, belt, legs, feet, gloves, and primary with nada

Primary, i'm gonna go for glamor rod, so that is taken care of. Any ideas on some cheap items, that fill those slots, or items that will be easy to farm at lvl 42?

http://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Enchanter_Equipment

Click a slot. Sort by CHA. Look at price tracker.

falkun
02-20-2014, 03:34 PM
Baalzy, teaching a man to fish instead of giving him one.

Tecmos Deception
02-20-2014, 03:36 PM
Baalzy, teaching a man to fish instead of giving him one.

I'm pretty sure Dev has been taught to fish before.

baalzy
02-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Back - http://wiki.project1999.com/Loam_Encrusted_Cloak - 3cha, 1k.
Shoulders - http://wiki.project1999.com/Worn_Cloth_Mantle 5cha 4k.
Chest - http://wiki.project1999.com/Noble%27s_Robes 5cha, 200p
Chest - http://wiki.project1999.com/Silk_Evening_Tunic 5cha, vendor purchase for like 3p?
Arms- No choices, go with Loam or Gatorscale
Waist - No choices, go with BCC or Giant Reminder string
Legs - http://wiki.project1999.com/Drake-hide_Leggings 5cha 150p
Feet- http://wiki.project1999.com/Loam_Encrusted_Lined_Shoes 8cha 1.2kp
Hands - No choices, go with Incandescent

Nobles robe (or the evening tunic if really poor) & drake leggings probably the only things worth getting right this second. Will bring you up to 182 Shoes would probably be your next priority and then the cloak. That'll get you to 193 unbuffed and I imagine you'll be pretty solid at that point and can put hp/mana/int in other slots, or will get to 46+ and can start replacing things with planes drops.

Porcoa
02-21-2014, 12:01 PM
Hey, I just got an extra pair of Drake Hide Leggings last night in SolA. Message me on here or in game and you can have them for free.

Mac Dretti
02-21-2014, 12:33 PM
mistmoor really goog exp

then move to guk

DevGrousis
02-21-2014, 01:40 PM
Thanks for all the gear posts, I'm finishing my turnin for Glamor Rod today, which will finish my gear search at least for now.

The thread kind of went away from farming. So, besides half long guards, where else can I farm efficiently. Camping shadow men and priest in guk using my animation per really made me feel weak. So, is the best way to farm, to just use charmed pet?

Porcoa
02-21-2014, 01:55 PM
Thanks for all the gear posts, I'm finishing my turnin for Glamor Rod today, which will finish my gear search at least for now.

The thread kind of went away from farming. So, besides half long guards, where else can I farm efficiently. Camping shadow men and priest in guk using my animation per really made me feel weak. So, is the best way to farm, to just use charmed pet?

I'd say it depends on where you are. Some places you can charm a pet that would put out more DPS than a summoned pet.

Man0warr
02-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Yeah, like everywhere after level 20.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-21-2014, 03:05 PM
Yeah, like everywhere after level 20.

This.

If you ain't charmin, you ain't harmin'