PDA

View Full Version : Iksar plate restriction

mnemonikos82
02-19-2014, 04:31 PM
Hi all, I want to make an Iksar, but I'm torn between Shaman and SK. How much of a disadvantage is the Iksar plate restriction for a SK? Does it really come into play? And how much will it be mitigated by new armors from Velious?

Nocsucow
02-19-2014, 04:43 PM
in velious the playing field evens out when it comes to iksars and other tanks.... iksar SK will be the best class/race to be in velious hands down ....... GREENMIST

khanable
02-19-2014, 05:48 PM
in velious the playing field evens out when it comes to iksars and other tanks.... iksar SK will be the best class/race to be in velious hands down ....... GREENMIST

Pretty much

Iksar 2hs animation is awful though. Like trying to watch the 100lb nerdy kid swing a sledge hammer for the first time.

Just something to think about if you're interested in 2hs routes on the sk.

Potus
02-19-2014, 08:00 PM
Iksar are the master race. Their mouth moves. Take that, puny humans.

Splorf22
02-20-2014, 02:29 AM
Pretty much

Iksar 2hs animation is awful though. Like trying to watch the 100lb nerdy kid swing a sledge hammer for the first time.

Just something to think about if you're interested in 2hs routes on the sk.

I remember talking to Sentenza and it drove him nuts to the point he bought an AON.

khanable
02-20-2014, 02:46 AM
I remember talking to Sentenza and it drove him nuts to the point he bought an AON.

That's really the only way I'd consider playing an iksar SK

Potus
02-20-2014, 03:13 AM
Iksar 2H is great. Such an effortless slap of the sword -- all to taunt and belittle the foe. Look at how little effort I exert as I deal the pain. Look at the meager fucks I give.

The Master Race doesn't fuck around.

Whoop
02-20-2014, 06:11 AM
WTS(ee) the animation, im bored at work!

koros
02-20-2014, 11:30 AM
There's always this beast once Velious hits:

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=29328

Lamil
02-20-2014, 12:18 PM
If it helps the server really doesn't need another iksar shammy running around... Go Iksar SK

Pheer
02-20-2014, 05:07 PM
Greenmist armor for iksar SKs later on in velious has nice stats and looks awesome equipped. Also the custom helm graphic for iksars is pretty sick

Its almost enough to make me jelly, but not quite

Shatford
02-26-2014, 12:12 PM
I've played an IKS war up to 49 so far and I haven't found any real disadvantages to lack of plate. I mean it helps that I'm poor to begin with and that I can't afford cobalt anyways, but since iksar get a racial AC bonus, and as long as you gear defensively (like a good warrior should), you'll be eating beats with the best of em. Don't be a tard and try to be the warrior that out dps's everyone.

The primary quest gear for IKS WAR is trooper scale, which is pretty sad in comparison to some of the plate sets out there, but gear DOES NOT make the warrior, the smart player makes the warrior.