PDA

View Full Version : Request for PnP modification

Tradesonred
02-19-2014, 04:10 PM
When a high level comes to a camp, and a lowbie is camping it, tough shit for the lowbie. Either the lowbie logs on a high level to pvp him out, or he goes somewhere else.

It shouldnt be on the high level shoulders to hope to have a character in range. The GM then makes a case by case call if the high level was intentionally following the lowbie around to grief him, or came to camp the item the lowbie was at, if a petition is made.

Im disillusioned about server drastically changing and removing PnP, well lets tweak it then.

Mac Dretti
02-19-2014, 04:14 PM
I vote we add exp loss back in

Now with PnP there is no fear of being deleveled unless the person choses to do so.

Finding afks is slightly less enjoyable

And exp bonus solves problem of "1 pvp death = 10 hours of pve grind"

Thanks

Kergan
02-19-2014, 04:18 PM
Yeah lets do what we can to chase low level players off the server.

Azure
02-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Tradesonread clearly mad that he cant PnP.

At least you get to fight over some pixels or just for the fun of fighting. If you want hardcore bloodbath, make a custom server with hardcore rules.

High levels have no "need" to camp items a lower level player can get on their own. They should yeild camps to lower levels. Or it should be a KS fest. really there's no need for a 60 to camp an FBSS, they can random on 2 trash lewtz in seb and buy 1.

Kergan
02-19-2014, 04:23 PM
When a high level comes to a camp, and a lowbie is camping it, tough shit for the high level. Either the high level logs on a lowbie to pvp him out, or he goes somewhere else.

It shouldnt be on the lowbies shoulders to hope to have a character in range.

Fixed.

Tradesonred
02-19-2014, 04:36 PM
I just got a chodakai jade prod or whatever its called for my lowbie rogue.

I should be able to go there, gank the mob and peace out.

You dont have to be stupid about it with this im mad idiocy though

I kinda see how it could be abused by fuckwads like Kimm barely just lookin for a weak point in the anti-grief setup to try to annoy people because theyre miserable people in RL.

What i was hoping for here is a discussion on the pros and cons of each ruleset setup

Tradesonred
02-19-2014, 04:57 PM
naw they said we can killsteal noobies its cool
if they wanted to stop us they would level up and pvp us

You missed the update from the 5th edition of PnP on page 76. Derubael framed this as griefing newbies by KSing their mobs.

I think it should be split into 2 separate issues. If you are following the newbie around to grief him, ok whatever, PnP.

But if you want a camp, it should not apply.

Tradesonred
02-19-2014, 05:10 PM
naw its still good

Im tellin ya, its not in the main thread but in an obscure thread somewhere. Colgate said wait a second, are you telling me a level 40 is camping golem wand and i cant go there and take his camp?

Derubaels answer i beleive was something like That is correct, log in an in range character and pvp him.

big mouth chew
02-19-2014, 05:19 PM
nawww we cleared this up in ooc
wish we could still query the ooc log tho via p99pvp.com qq
was the only way to find the most up to date rules haha

Mac Dretti
02-19-2014, 05:29 PM
Www.P99pvp.com/QQ

Tradesonred
02-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Www.P99pvp.com/QQ

Dude youre a fucking moron, you know that right

Tradesonred
02-19-2014, 05:36 PM
nawww we cleared this up in ooc
wish we could still query the ooc log tho via p99pvp.com qq
was the only way to find the most up to date rules haha

Who did? If its derubael then he has held 2 contradicting opinions in the last month or so, thats why i hate this counter-intuitive PnP crap.

Mac Dretti
02-19-2014, 05:42 PM
Dude youre a fucking moron, you know that right

I bet u clicked it

Derubael
02-19-2014, 05:42 PM
Please note that this means that kill stealing is still against the rules on Project 1999 Red. If you wish to steal someones kill, it is recommended you kill the player first and then kill their mob.

If a situation can't be resolved through PvP, the other PnP rules apply (IE, the rules above the "PvP section"of the PnP.

Tradesonred
02-19-2014, 05:44 PM
Mac Dretti offers the perfect forum analogy about what is wrong with PnP.

He can troll and flame a constructive thread, he knows its wrong to do it but he also knows theres basically no moderation on the forums so he isnt getting his forum account banned.

So yesterday, a guildy of mine got corpse camped. If people are still doing it means obviously the punishment and application of PnP is far and few between at best.

So you want to retaliate, but then if youre the one that rolls the critical failure on the 20 sided dice and youre the one the GM catches retaliating against something that was done to you, youre getting your account banned.

big mouth chew
02-19-2014, 05:47 PM
well that fuckin blows
i do have at least 1 harmtouch available for any level player i might encounter tho so ill figure something out i guess

Mac Dretti
02-19-2014, 05:51 PM
OP is far from constructive and belongs in rnf.

My reply to it is constructive.

If someone is being corpse camped it is because they chose to not LnS and are opting in to CC.

#PnPimlovinit

Faerie
02-19-2014, 09:18 PM
This is another step in the right direction, if I'm understanding the rule correctly. High levels shouldn't be able to come in and steal camps from people outside of their pvp range; they should have to wait or log in a lower level character to pvp. With such a low population this scenario can't even happen too often.

Allowing lower levels the right to their camps if there is no pvp threat is a good thing. Really anything that helps the lower levels is a positive. It will help too if the level range is lowered to 4+/-.

Sorry, Chewie. This is why you have all those SKs in different level ranges, though :P

Eslade
02-19-2014, 09:22 PM
this about sums this thread up...
http://forums.gideontech.com/vps/data/500/thread-is-stupid.jpg

Tassador
02-19-2014, 09:33 PM
Sorry staff has to waste time reading this poop.

Azure
02-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Uhhh my reply was good enough no one had 2 read it.

Clark
02-21-2014, 10:18 AM
Www.P99pvp.com/QQ

lol