PDA

View Full Version : SK/Sham Duo Leveling Recommendations

Nikon
02-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Hey guys and girls. I just wanted to put this out to the community and see what people thought. Some of you have seen my friend Mushtu and I out leveling or on my stream. This is his first experience with EverQuest and I've been showing him around some of the not so common leveling zones of Norrath. We've done some grouping but mostly just duo with a pickup here and there. I've hit 38 and he is right behind me at 36/37. We've been killing giants in FM for a bit but we are ready to move on. I was hoping to get some suggestions as to where to go next to keep it interesting for him. We like to keep the exp moving but it's not necessarily about max exp leveling.

We've done places like Befallen, Najena, EK spiders, RM giant skellies, SolA, High Keep guards/goblins, and a few others. The only Kunark we've done thus far has been giants in FM. My SK is very well geared and I have helped gear his Shaman with the basics. The two other characters I've leveled 50+ here I did in the cookie-cutter group exp fashion and I'm running out of solid ideas for duo spots that we can manage. The wiki hunting guide is helpful but I wanted to get some player feedback.

Places I've considered but have not verified is duo'able by us are DL (outside Karnors), Rathe giants, Kaesora, Ice Giants in Perma, or Droga. He has liked the dungeons so far so that's why I was looking at Kaesora and Droga but I haven't played either zone here on P99 myself yet. Anyway, any input would be appreciated. I know we have some solo/duo superstars around these parts. :)

TL;DR -- 38 SK and 37 Shammy looking for recommended duo spots!

jaybone
02-18-2014, 04:28 PM
I believe overthere to like 40ishand then city of mist

Swish
02-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Outdoor zones for fear kiting!

38-49 - spectres in Feerott?
49-53 - Everfrost ice giants / CoM arena (space to fear kite)

Nikon
02-18-2014, 04:34 PM
We were thinking about heading to OT to grab a couple levels if we weren't quite ready for the next good spot. Didn't think about spectres because I find them dead a lot lol. CoM is on our list but figured that would be later.

fishingme
02-18-2014, 04:36 PM
dalnir should be around your level, droga i've been in once or twice but should be a fun zone. Kaesora is awesome, never really leveled there but i played in it quite a bit, with a group once also very very fun. I plan on taking my enchanter there to solely level there when im in the level range for it.

Wrench
02-18-2014, 04:41 PM
have done nurga at this level with this duo

was good xp, always plenty of mobs with no competition, well spaced for single or at most double pulls (root the melee), and spiders could keep you going up till 41 or so

dont be scared of the casters, use endure magic & resist cold, and time your bashes for critical interrupts, you'll do fine

Wrench
02-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Outdoor zones for fear kiting!

38-49 - spectres in Feerott?
49-53 - Everfrost ice giants / CoM arena (space to fear kite)

btw, this is a horrible suggestion

as an sk, without a mana regen buff, you want to save all your mana for holding aggro, occasional buff/debuff, and snare only if needed

you'll be medding a lot of time trying to fear kite with this duo, where you really want to be chain pulling while the shaman meds

Nikon
02-18-2014, 04:48 PM
have done nurga at this level with this duo

This might be fun. Would be a little bit of excitement for me as well I think as I haven't ever leveled there.

you'll be medding a lot of time trying to fear kite with this duo, where you really want to be chain pulling while the shaman meds

So far we've been able to maintain this type of leveling. With my fungi it has been me pretty much non-stop pulling for 38 levels while he meds/canni's, roots, dots, heals, etc...

dankzilla
02-18-2014, 04:52 PM
Kaesora spiders or skeletons around Xalgoz are great exp. The zone has an outstanding ZEM and you wont run into all the casters you will find in Nurga/Droga.

I love Nurga and Droga but they can be tough, the spiders in Nurga are a good spot to check out as well if you are having troubles with goblins.

Swish
02-18-2014, 04:56 PM
btw, this is a horrible suggestion

as an sk, without a mana regen buff, you want to save all your mana for holding aggro, occasional buff/debuff, and snare only if needed

http://wiki.project1999.com/Spook_the_Dead (10 mana)
http://wiki.project1999.com/Engulfing_Darkness (60 mana)

If the shaman dots up each spec, you'll both need to med eventually... minimum impact on the SK's mana pool in the 40s.

Down to opinion I guess :p

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
02-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Hey guys and girls. I just wanted to put this out to the community and see what people thought. Some of you have seen my friend Mushtu and I out leveling or on my stream. This is his first experience with EverQuest and I've been showing him around some of the not so common leveling zones of Norrath. We've done some grouping but mostly just duo with a pickup here and there. I've hit 38 and he is right behind me at 36/37. We've been killing giants in FM for a bit but we are ready to move on. I was hoping to get some suggestions as to where to go next to keep it interesting for him. We like to keep the exp moving but it's not necessarily about max exp leveling.

We've done places like Befallen, Najena, EK spiders, RM giant skellies, SolA, High Keep guards/goblins, and a few others. The only Kunark we've done thus far has been giants in FM. My SK is very well geared and I have helped gear his Shaman with the basics. The two other characters I've leveled 50+ here I did in the cookie-cutter group exp fashion and I'm running out of solid ideas for duo spots that we can manage. The wiki hunting guide is helpful but I wanted to get some player feedback.

Places I've considered but have not verified is duo'able by us are DL (outside Karnors), Rathe giants, Kaesora, Ice Giants in Perma, or Droga. He has liked the dungeons so far so that's why I was looking at Kaesora and Droga but I haven't played either zone here on P99 myself yet. Anyway, any input would be appreciated. I know we have some solo/duo superstars around these parts. :)

TL;DR -- 38 SK and 37 Shammy looking for recommended duo spots!

You can do split paw at your level past the double doors (invis down).
Nurga can be done if you can split decently.
Kaesora spiders would be great.
Dalnir might still be okay towards the 3rd level.
Over there is good.
Pirates and Drolvargs in FV. Pirates have no hp. Can also do either the Drolvarg cave or forest giant camps there too. Giants are closer to Craig's (36-38) with lots of Drolvarg roamers around there.
Giants in rathe mountains.

Lots of options out there!

mrmop520
02-18-2014, 05:16 PM
Yetis in the snowy area of DL. Great xp and lots to kill!

Nikon
02-18-2014, 05:21 PM
Great feedback here and I thank you all! We're fully aware that as we climb in levels there will be more downtime if we stick to a duo and that's okay as long as it stays interesting. We don't mind a challenge and having to med after some difficult pulls. What I like most about some of the suggestions is being able to show Mushtu an assortment of zones and dungeons in which even some long time EQ players haven't really spent time leveling/exploring. If we go to a zone that proves to be too much for us at our current level, we'll just try somewhere else and come back to it when we think we can handle it. Also, we're not averse to groups by any means. We're just having fun seeing what we can do.

Malone88
02-18-2014, 05:31 PM
I believe overthere to like 40ishand then city of mistI essentially did this. OT is good if you are an evil race and can
do the War Braids quest to supplement your exp. Might be better off just
slowing/tanking the mobs vs fear-kiting or mix it up. Fear-kiting can be
monotonous for melees pretty fast...

CoM will be great starting at 40...

Yeti Caves in DL are pretty easy also.

Nikon
02-18-2014, 05:47 PM
Might be better off just slowing/tanking the mobs vs fear-kiting or mix it up. Fear-kiting can be monotonous for melees pretty fast....

So far we haven't had to fear kite anything except for the first level or so we did Giant Skellies in Rathe. We were able to kill those quite easily when they were yellow and red to me using fear and then when Mushtu could semi-reliably land slow we started slow tanking without much issue. Fear kiting does get monotonous but I don't mind doing it if the exp is worth it. On skellies in Rathe it definitely seemed worth it at the time.

webrunner5
02-18-2014, 06:04 PM
Try to not do Kunark zones unless you have to. The mobs have on average a lot more hit points so harder to kill = less XP per hour. Also find high ZeM zones so it goes faster also. But problem is most of those zones have lots of people there doing the same.

Slows on the Shaman and Darkness lines spells for the SK will slow you down med time wise. Might be better for both to go toe to toe with a few. Heals are more mana efficient. Plus more fun beating on things. :p

Nikon
02-18-2014, 06:25 PM
Try to not do Kunark zones unless you have to. The mobs have on average a lot more hit points so harder to kill = less XP per hour. Also find high ZeM zones so it goes faster also. But problem is most of those zones have lots of people there doing the same.

Slows on the Shaman and Darkness lines spells for the SK will slow you down med time wise. Might be better for both to go toe to toe with a few. Heals are more mana efficient. Plus more fun beating on things. :p

I had taken into consideration the Kunark zones concerning the hitpoints and whatnot which is why until Frontier we had stayed in old world zones and done the nice ZEM dungeons like Befallen, Najena, SolA, HHK, etc, but I feel like our options are running thin... We both really enjoy the dungeons which is also why we're leaning towards spending some time in Nurga/Kaesora. Also, he's an Ikky so he hasn't minded being close to Cab for the last few levels and exploring his homeland. :D

Swish
02-18-2014, 06:39 PM
I don't suppose the shaman is an innoruuk worshipping troll with snare necklace? That would help the SK's mana pool if any fear kiting were going on.

Nlaar
02-18-2014, 06:58 PM
Before Kunark my level 50 shaman friend pwr leveled my SK from high 30s - 43 at SolA and the gnomes. Specifically we would start at neg 300, neg 800 and make our way east killing EXG and Gabbie. You can even go to the lava elemental as well.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Solusek%27s_Eye

The gnomes also drop Dufrenite which is still sellable to some degree.

Nikon
02-18-2014, 07:53 PM
Before Kunark my level 50 shaman friend pwr leveled my SK from high 30s - 43 at SolA and the gnomes. Specifically we would start at neg 300, neg 800 and make our way east killing EXG and Gabbie. You can even go to the lava elemental as well.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Solusek%27s_Eye

The gnomes also drop Dufrenite which is still sellable to some degree.

Hey Nlaar, are you still playing? I'll be hard pressed to get Mushtu back down into SolA. The goblins and gnomes put him through the ringer a few times down there one night. Maybe I can convince him to get some revenge now that we're higher levels.

Sturgeon
02-18-2014, 08:05 PM
Dalnirrrrrr