PDA

View Full Version : War threat issues

Enitzu
02-18-2014, 03:04 PM
I am currently lvl 32 and in a group it is almost impossible for me to hold threat even with taunts. After talking to some people it seems that warrior threat is almost all from weapon procs? Kind of a dumb sentiment but considering how much threat spells pull I can see it. My question is what low end proc weapons are there? All the ones I have require lvl 37+ to even proc.

Currently I'm using Sword of Skyfire / Green Jade Broadsword duel wielded and have a Kunzar Ku'jach in my bags for snares when I hit 40

Erati
02-18-2014, 03:15 PM
Yaks proc at 37 and work great

Obsidian Shards will proc for u now but i dunno how good they are at holding aggro

there is a proc sword from Paw i think it procs a poison at 30

Exmo
02-18-2014, 03:18 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Obsidian_Shard

http://wiki.project1999.com/Goblin_Skull_Crusher

Splorf22
02-18-2014, 03:18 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Sakuragi's_Warrior_Guide

Nirgon
02-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Monks have FD, rogues have evade.

They need to stop being lazy.

Casters... well. Need to L2P across the board.

pasi
02-18-2014, 06:00 PM
Keeping damage confined to a single character isn't super beneficial at lower level especially if the group is giving up a decent amount of damage to do so. You aren't maximizing CHeals, so the HP:mana of healing is pretty much set.

Yes, warriors will take less damage than others, but the difference isn't all that significant (skill caps/levels are everything) unless it's a caster tanking versus plate tanking.

Use your 1hand DPS weapons until you get Yak Clubs at 40. Those casters are in charge of their own aggro.

Enitzu
02-18-2014, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I know agro is everyones job just don't want to be gimped and holding people back. Not very twinked but not badly geared so some people will just do more then I can handle.

TY for the guide link as well

Marglar
02-18-2014, 10:41 PM
at this point in time all you can really do is crank out as much damage as possible and be quick on target changes, interceptions and taunts. you won't be able to hold perfect aggro but you'll do it well enough to keep the exp group rolling.

Somekid123
02-18-2014, 10:48 PM
Obsidian Shards proc at level 20 I believe, drop from kobold predator in Sol A, when pro99 first came out there were a must for warriors who cant get yaks

Marglar
02-19-2014, 12:14 AM
I say just deal with it for now. 5/25 is pathetic in kunark era. I'd rather have the damage output than the rare proc to secure aggro. you can make due without it.

Enitzu
02-19-2014, 11:03 AM
Yea I'm not very far off from 40 so not going to bother with Shards.

justin2090
02-19-2014, 01:31 PM
As a rogue I find it impossible to not pull aggro from a warrior unless I /hide. I'd rather have the warrior use dps weapons and kill things faster. I mean if I have to /hide anyway whats the point of proc'n weapons.

Shatford
02-26-2014, 12:29 PM
Yeah someone earlier said that agro at your level is the responsibility of everyone in the group, and for the most part this holds true throughout the rest of the game. Groups in the mid-30s are expecting mobs the drop as quickly as they did in their 20s, which ain't the case, so its just dps madness from everyone without much thought to agro. However the higher up you go, the more you rely on your groupmates to not steal agro and to grind away at a consistent pace where only one tank eats the damage and med breaks are kept to a minimum.

Everyone learns the higher up you go; rogues use hide, monks switch to 2-handers and FD when snapping agro, casters wait til you've done a few seconds worth of damage and don't do a manaburn on the mob. Also, hybrids start rooting mobs for the tank to help control effort.

Everyone wants the xp juice to flow smooth from the vag of EQ, so everyone starts doing their part eventually. Do yours by getting your AC, HPs and proc rate up, and be smart about targeting and crowd control. There are also creative ways to taunt mobs, like sitting mid-combat, begging (I don't find it works very well though), taunting *right* after a slow lands, hitting mobs with ranged items before the puller gets back to the group...there are many ways to be smart about your play and control agro, and trust me, groups like smart players more than they like players who lose agro on occasion. Lick that xp clit and keep the juice flowing for the group. That's what they want ultimately. Sorry, I'm kinda all over the place with my reply.