PDA

View Full Version : Searched, but I cannot find progression info

Takshaka
12-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Ok, so a while back(roughly 2 or more weeks I think) I remember reading a post in some thread (the title nor topic of which can I recall) that detailed the expected progression that was posted originally on the beta forums. I thought this was posted by nilbog, but I guess not as I just looked through every single one of his posts using search and I couldnt find it. Also, I searched using keyword such as progression, patch, kunark, velious, Vox, etc. as I remember those being words that were in the body of the text. Anyway from all this searching my eyes are starting to bleed and I was hoping that someone with a better memory than I would be able to know which post I am referring to.

Again, since that was long winded I am trying to find the post that detailed the dates on which major changes occurred on live and that was roughly what P1999 was planning on following. Search has failed me or more accurately I have failed at search.

Halladar
12-01-2009, 05:39 PM
From this: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1002

You can get this: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=5491&postcount=12

Maldan
12-01-2009, 05:39 PM
I think this is what you're looking for...

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=5491&postcount=12

Takshaka
12-01-2009, 05:41 PM
OMG thanks, I completely scanned over that text by pyrcat. I thought it might have been Aeolwind's post but I was dreading looking through all of his posts as he has so many. Thanks guys. now please lock this thread so it will get buried and I will be less embarrassed.

Aeolwind
12-01-2009, 05:42 PM
bump :p

Danth
12-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Can you confirm one thing (which, due to the nature of these threads, you've probably confirmed a dozen times already)?

Do you intend to conform to the original TIME as well as order of implementation? In other words, do you intend to launch Kunark sometime in November 2010 to maintain the proper ~13 month delay between original EQ and Kunark?

Danth

Aeolwind
12-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Within reason, yes.

Danth
12-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Hmm... That would mean we can expect to see Sol Ro added and manastones removed sometime next April or thereabout. Interesting stuff.

Danth

Takshaka
12-01-2009, 06:04 PM
:eek:no no... Aeolwind that is twice you have posted and twice you had the chance to lock this travesty! Please have mercy on me. you evil evil person you!

Aeolwind
12-01-2009, 06:05 PM
:eek:no no... Aeolwind that is twice you have posted and twice you had the chance to lock this travesty! Please have mercy on me. you evil evil person you!

I kick kittens down wells too.

yaaaflow
12-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Wow was it really that long between Kunark release and the Moss covered twig being removed? If I recall correctly it was a 1dmg/3delay weapon that was pretty much ridiculously gamebreaking when it was in the game, I never got one but I'd love the chance to play around with it.

Morfnblorsh
12-01-2009, 06:11 PM
It was 3/10...

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4

:D

Aeolwind
12-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Wow was it really that long between Kunark release and the Moss covered twig being removed? If I recall correctly it was a 1dmg/3delay weapon that was pretty much ridiculously gamebreaking when it was in the game, I never got one but I'd love the chance to play around with it.

3/10

Halladar
12-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Wasn't the nerf to make it only secondary slot? The problem was being in the main hand, with the damage bonus right?

yaaaflow
12-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Ahhh that's right... still way quicker than anything else in the game, I was sure of that.

Aeolwind
12-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Wasn't the nerf to make it only secondary slot? The problem was being in the main hand, with the damage bonus right?

Correct.

Tovok
12-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Can any devs comment on whether a few spells are in the game or will be added:

- Form of the Bear (SHM/29 bear illusion)
- Invisibility to Undead (WIZ/39 self only invis to undead)
- Companion Spirit (SHM/34 shaman dog pet)

Bubbles
12-01-2009, 09:37 PM
The 1dmg/3delay weapon was the Bixie Stinger.

And yes, no one has ever seen a screenshot of it or a confirmed report of it etc, it's one of the many myths and folklores of EQ that was never proven and of course never disproven (how can you prove something doesn't exist without a doubt?)

But yeah, stinger was a crock, but thats where the subconcious comes up with 1dmg/3delay from ;) Long live the urban legend!

Matrim
12-01-2009, 11:17 PM
I don't think it's wise to wait a full year before the release of Kunark. Having played on several progression servers, it's been my experience that after a few months of killing the same mobs over and over without any real improvement to their characters, they become bored and move on to another server/game.

Nagafen and Cazic are already dead. A significant percentage of this server is already max level, and by the end of the month even more will be. I'd imagine that the end of this month will see twinks* at 50, if they're not there already. I think it very* unlikely that many of those players will be content to play here for most a year without seeing any improvement to their characters.

The best model I've seen for progression servers is two-fold, with a primary prerequisite for defeating all raid bosses, and a secondary minimum amount of time spent in each expansion. EG: Once the server has seen nagafen, vox, cazic, and innothule dead, AND at least four months(or whatever variable the community desires) have passed since the start of this progression stage, the next wave of content, Kunark, is unlocked.

The goal is to unlock content at a rate that finds a compromise between the encroaching boredom of hardcore players while allowing casual players to still fully enjoy each stage of the expansion. The time component should likely vary by expansion, depending on the amount of content each expansion holds.

Pyrocat
12-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Naggy, Vox, CT, and Phinnigel have already been killed. Some multiple times.

Sloth
12-01-2009, 11:51 PM
casuals will get to do everything, if all we ever open is velious.