PDA

View Full Version : Spells: DOTs refreshing - or not

Dangermouse
02-18-2014, 11:01 AM
I'm not certain about this yet, but I thought I'd make a post in case anyone else has seen it.

I was bashing the bard (ooer) in the Feerrott, with my shaman. I usually stick an affliction at the start of the fight then follow with envenomed breath until she's dead. Affliction (disease DOT) lasts almost the entire fight. But this time I accidentally cast affliction again instead of EB. Then a couple of ticks later got "Your affliction has worn off".

I would have expected recasting a DOT on a target to restart that DOT's timer - in this case 21 ticks. I checked and the affliction did land, it wasn't resisted.

I've only got one data point, but I thought I'd check if this was "working as intended" or a potential bug before investigating further.

Haynar
02-18-2014, 12:05 PM
I think I remember a bug where if new one landed on last tick, you might get an immediate worn off like that. I will try to take a look at it.

H

big mouth chew
02-18-2014, 12:08 PM
have seen this happen with buffs too, seems to happen if you catch it right at the end of the last tick

baalzy
02-18-2014, 03:24 PM
I'm not certain about this yet, but I thought I'd make a post in case anyone else has seen it.

I was bashing the bard (ooer) in the Feerrott, with my shaman. I usually stick an affliction at the start of the fight then follow with envenomed breath until she's dead. Affliction (disease DOT) lasts almost the entire fight. But this time I accidentally cast affliction again instead of EB. Then a couple of ticks later got "Your affliction has worn off".

I would have expected recasting a DOT on a target to restart that DOT's timer - in this case 21 ticks. I checked and the affliction did land, it wasn't resisted.

I've only got one data point, but I thought I'd check if this was "working as intended" or a potential bug before investigating further.

Couple ticks later seems weird. I've seen fear immediately wear off again if I land it at the same time as the previous spell was wearing off. (It is possible it was just an early fear break, but I've seen it happen in that situation on mobs that last the full duration 99% of the time too often to believe it was just coincidence).

Dangermouse
02-18-2014, 05:30 PM
I didn't log the original event, so I might be wrong about " a couple of ticks". But I've turned on logging in my client now, so if it happens again I'll post logs.

Haynar
02-18-2014, 05:49 PM
I see stuff in code that checks stacking and it should overwrite. I need to run some tests.

H

Treats
08-24-2014, 07:33 PM
Nvm